6.5 vs 6.5.3 vs 6.5.5

Guest jebise

just wondering what the differences between the versions are. Is there any benefit from going from 6.5 to 6.5.3(5). I know 6.5.3 was released but why make ROM build with 6.5.5 when it not even released?

Do these run better on our omnia's?

Guest speedfrog
in performance 6.1 is better then 6.5 then 6.5.x

yes,ofc. its because in 6.5 its much more user frendly with a UI thats has more colors and fansy stuffs.

Guest msra6la2
thank for answers

I would say

6.1 > 6.5.3/6.5.5 > 6.5

6.5 is the most inefficient junk crap in the world

think of it this way:

6.1 <=> Windows XP

6.5 <=> Windows Vista

6.5.x <=> Windows 7

Guest teamkillexpert

to me, 6.5.3 looks even worse than 6.5. because it simply increased the size of those old themes, and they look sooo stupid, especially those huge 2D windows and buttons.

at least they are not that big and therefore less distracting in 6.5. I have to argue since no theme comes close to for example, iPhone or HTC Sense or Android, they all look so bad that I don't even care if they look worse in 6.1.

but 6.5.3 has dithering when rendering images, which can be significantly better than 6.5 depending on the situation.

Edited by teamkillexpert

Guest jebise

so you guys are saying if i where to flash a new ROM i should flash a 6.5.x to get the best performance? But why install 6.5.5 when its not released and still beta? dose it actually work.

Main is performance and RAM etc that i'm consinered about

Guest HAL_9000

Best performance has 6.1, it´s fact.

But 6.5 has kinetic scrolling and it is quite fingers friendly + nicer GUI.

6.5.3 and 6.5.5 are BIG slow joke. Yes, it is best optimized for fingers but very slow and demanding for HW.

And (for my) looks awfully.

For this reason, I use 6.5 <_<

Edited by HAL_9000

Guest tacchan23

Personally I didn't find much difference between 6.1, 6.5, 6.5.x in term of speed. But newer version have less free ram available.

Lookwise, 6.5.x is muuuuuuuuuch better couse u can use my themes with it:P:P:P

Guest msra6la2
Best performance has 6.1, it´s fact.

But 6.5 has kinetic scrolling and it is quite fingers friendly + nicer GUI.

6.5.3 and 6.5.5 are BIG slow joke. Yes, it is best optimized for fingers but very slow and demanding for HW.

And (for my) looks awfully.

For this reason, I use 6.5 <_<

WM6.5 is as slow as fxxk. WM6.5.3 doesn't lag for 1 sec even though I am using KSTAN full rom!!!

Edited by msra6la2

Guest jebise
WM6.5 is as slow as fxxk. WM6.5.3 doesn't lag for 1 sec even though I am using KSTAN full rom!!!

so your saying even though it has less RAM then 6.5 winmo 6.5.3 dose a better job handling RAM and is better overall?

Guest msra6la2
so your saying even though it has less RAM then 6.5 winmo 6.5.3 dose a better job handling RAM and is better overall?

I get 2mb ram less in WM6.5.3 than I do in WM6.5 (6.5 - 64mb at start-up, 6.5.3- 62mb at start-up). Also WM6.5.3 is better at releasing ram when you shut down a programme than WM6.5 is (for example running samsung settings uses about 1.1mb to 1.4 mb of ram, in WM6.5 only releases about 90% to 95% of ram when you shut down the programme whereas WM6.5.3 releases 98% to 100% of ram)

And most definitely, my phone, which now runs KSTAN JA5 WM6.5.3 full rom doesn't experience the lags that it used to suffer when it ran WM6.5 (it used to take about 2 secs for the widget homescreen to load up once the phone is unlocked, normally 1 area of the screen, which is usually the centre of the screen, loads up b4 the other areas. Now once I unlock the phone the whole Widget homscreen loads up instantly; keyboard used to lag so much but now it simply doesn't; Opera Mobile loads quicker at start-up; Honeycomb now runs very smoothly (when I used to use WM6.5, honeycomb lagged like sh*t whereas Samsung Menu ran smoothly)).

I think the reason why ram management is apalling in Samsung Official WM6.5 rom(s)/ Custom made WM6.5.3 full rom(s) with Samsung Touchwiz UI is that Samsung Touchwiz UI and the softwares that come with it are optimised for WM6.1 and alot of apps that are no longer used in WM6.5/ WM6.5.x is still left hidden inside the rom (For example, the lockscreen settings used in WM6.1 to customise Samsung Lockscreen is still hidden in official WM6.5 rom(s) and WM6.5.3 full roms (even though the latter 2 use WM default slider lockscreen) ). The consequences are obvious, it uses up more rom memory and it uses up more ram at start-up. This reason, combined with the fact that WM6.5/WM6.5.x is more demanding in terms of ram consumption than WM6.1, consumes approx 190mb of ram at start-up.

Edited by msra6la2

Guest sekobati
I would say

6.1 > 6.5.3/6.5.5 > 6.5

6.5 is the most inefficient junk crap in the world

think of it this way:

6.1 <=> Windows XP

6.5 <=> Windows Vista

6.5.x <=> Windows 7

a nice way of explaining <_<

Guest jebise
I get 2mb ram less in WM6.5.3 than I do in WM6.5 (6.5 - 64mb at start-up, 6.5.3- 62mb at start-up). Also WM6.5.3 is better at releasing ram when you shut down a programme than WM6.5 is (for example running samsung settings uses about 1.1mb to 1.4 mb of ram, in WM6.5 only releases about 90% to 95% of ram when you shut down the programme whereas WM6.5.3 releases 98% to 100% of ram)

And most definitely, my phone, which now runs KSTAN JA5 WM6.5.3 full rom doesn't experience the lags that it used to suffer when it ran WM6.5 (it used to take about 2 secs for the widget homescreen to load up once the phone is unlocked, normally 1 area of the screen, which is usually the centre of the screen, loads up b4 the other areas. Now once I unlock the phone the whole Widget homscreen loads up instantly; keyboard used to lag so much but now it simply doesn't; Opera Mobile loads quicker at start-up; Honeycomb now runs very smoothly (when I used to use WM6.5, honeycomb lagged like sh*t whereas Samsung Menu ran smoothly)).

I think the reason why ram management is apalling in Samsung Official WM6.5 rom(s)/ Custom made WM6.5.3 full rom(s) with Samsung Touchwiz UI is that Samsung Touchwiz UI and the softwares that come with it are optimised for WM6.1 and alot of apps that are no longer used in WM6.5/ WM6.5.x is still left hidden inside the rom (For example, the lockscreen settings used in WM6.1 to customise Samsung Lockscreen is still hidden in official WM6.5 rom(s) and WM6.5.3 full roms (even though the latter 2 use WM default slider lockscreen) ). The consequences are obvious, it uses up more rom memory and it uses up more ram at start-up. This reason, combined with the fact that WM6.5/WM6.5.x is more demanding in terms of ram consumption than WM6.1, consumes approx 190mb of ram at start-up.

true i will be using garys custom ROM anyways. I don't use samsung shitty widgets and 6.5 runs fine for me except when i use opera and load sites with lots of info that the only time it freezes

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest cristidotro
Does 6.5.5 fix any bugs over 6.5?

Are there any new features or is it just UI changes?

I don't like 1 thing about WM 6.5.x, the bounce-back effect at the end of a list is turned off. If 6.5.x would incorporate this function in the near future it will be awesome.

From my experience 6.5.x seems faster than 6.5 (Xperia X1 user).

6.5.5 has threaded e-mail while 6.5.3 doesn't (the only difference I've observed)

Cheers!

Guest Matt174e
think of it this way:

6.1 <=> Windows XP

6.5 <=> Windows Vista

6.5.x <=> Windows 7

Good analogy, but you forgot one...

6.1 <=> Windows XP

6.5 <=> Windows Vista

6.5.x <=> Windows 7

Series 7 <=> iPhone

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Raniie

6.5.3->

Other noteworthy function improvements are toward the TouchPlayer and Camera.

-TouchPlayer:

Can finally delete item(s) off the playlist/archive.

Can finally browse for individual files, however, it'll load the whole folder if it contains additional playable content.

Further full/extended screen (fill screen) video playback function.

Additional Volume level control up to 15Ls, previously was cap at 10.

Still no support for video resolution higher than 720x480.

Still no support for video filesize greater than 2GB.

-Camera:

Just a lot more effect funtions

I haven't try 6.5.5 yet. I'm interested in what are the changes as well. Especially if there are any additional improvements toward TouchPlayer.

I'm using a Omnia II I8000L (Bell Mobility) WiMo 6.5.0 -> WiMo 6.5.3 and definitely see a performance boost in my experience from the upgrade. Enjoying my phone much more now.