Does Desire support HTML email??

Guest JonnyRockets

Guest JonnyRockets

Anyone else having issues with pictures embedded in Gmails?

(And yes I clicked Show Pictures)

This is not the first time this has happened, so I'm just wondering....

But now that I think about it, I can't recall ever seeing embedded pictures in Gmail since moving to the Desire rom.

Anyone else having these issues or know of a fix?

ffandroid.png

Edited by JonnyRockets

Guest Shmoopty

I have the same problem.

yea ive notices the same thing i went back to the default mail app

You went back to the default Desire mail app? Or the stock Nexus One mail app?

Guest JonnyRockets
yea ive notices the same thing i went back to the default mail app

Yeah, what does that mean?

Do you mean you went back to stock rom?? (No Desire)

Guest Eurosportler

Same here.

Can´t view any pictures in the googlemail app. the htc one shows no option to download in html. But in some mails i get a show html pictures in the htc program and then all pictures are shown. This option is not available in most emails, so the problem still exists.

greetz

Guest lars1110
I have the same problem.

You went back to the default Desire mail app? Or the stock Nexus One mail app?

i went back to the default gmail app that comes with android it works okay just wish it was alitle more iphone like. its one of the few things i like about the iphone lol

Guest JonnyRockets
i went back to the default gmail app that comes with android it works okay just wish it was alitle more iphone like. its one of the few things i like about the iphone lol

I don't understand...

The above picture I am using the default gmail app?

Can you clarify?

Guest jadenkc

@JonnyRockets. I am having the same issue as you with the G mail App. If you use the HTC Mail App (it's just called Mail) built into the Desire ROM you will be able to view HTML emails. Once you get into the Mail App go to settings->Mail size limit->no limit. This will allow the app to load pretty much any email with pictures and graphics.

Guest JonnyRockets
@JonnyRockets. I am having the same issue as you with the G mail App. If you use the HTC Mail App (it's just called Mail) built into the Desire ROM you will be able to view HTML emails. Once you get into the Mail App go to settings->Mail size limit->no limit. This will allow the app to load pretty much any email with pictures and graphics.

It only gives the option for Exchange Activesync and POP3/IMAP though?

So you lose all the best features of using Gmail on an Android phone?

Guest Shmoopty

I'll be damned. Changing that obscure setting does also enable html mail.

It only gives the option for Exchange Activesync and POP3/IMAP though?

So you lose all the best features of using Gmail on an Android phone?

JonnyRockets, for what it's worth, there's a setting in gmail (perhaps labs?) that will translate an IMAP client's "delete" to gmail's "archive".

Guest JonnyRockets
I'll be damned. Changing that obscure setting does also enable html mail.

JonnyRockets, for what it's worth, there's a setting in gmail (perhaps labs?) that will translate an IMAP client's "delete" to gmail's "archive".

Just tested out the HTC mail app.

Eh, kinda ugly =\

Also, you lose Push, and threaded emails.

I'm still wondering how the guy above got the "default gmail app" to display embedded pictures. It makes no sense at all... What the heck is the default gmail app, if not the one that I'm already using in the picture above?...

Edited by JonnyRockets

Guest ranblv

I defined my gmail as an exchange account (there is a google article about it) , and I get both push and all the other features the gmail app has on the mail app.

Guest lamabodo
I defined my gmail as an exchange account (there is a google article about it) , and I get both push and all the other features the gmail app has on the mail app.

I use K-9 mail. It's pretty neat, to be honest.

Guest JonnyRockets

Well, it seems like a pretty big workaround just to get embedded pictures working. I mostly just wanted to see if it was just me, or others were having the same problem. Looks like it's an issue with the ROM, so no sweat.

And it looks like no's figured out a fix for it, except for the one guy using the "default Gmail app". But I'm guessing he's not on the Desire Rom and doesn't know the difference. <_<

Edited by JonnyRockets

Guest Shmoopty
Just tested out the HTC mail app.

Eh, kinda ugly =\

Also, you lose Push, and threaded emails.

I just found out that "push" is also buried in the settings... and like html mail, off by default!

If you delete your gmail pop/imap account set up an ActiveSync account, using your gmail address (with m.google.com as the server address) then you can go back to the account settings and change the frequency to "As it arrives (push)".

I thought HTC mail was pretty horrendous at first, but I'm slowly figuring out that you just have to manually turn all the good stuff on.

I just found out that "push" is also buried in the settings... and like html mail, off by default!

If you delete your gmail pop/imap account set up an ActiveSync account, using your gmail address (with m.google.com as the server address) then you can go back to the account settings and change the frequency to "As it arrives (push)".

I thought HTC mail was pretty horrendous at first, but I'm slowly figuring out that you just have to manually turn all the good stuff on.

Yeah, but it's unusable because it's missing a lot of key features for me.

For example, these are missing but found on K9 Mail:

- IMAP push

- Multiple identities / account

theres the two most important things that are missing.

Guest JonnyRockets
People, this is an issue with Gmail app, gmail, and gmail servers, not with any rom!

Incorrect.

It worked fine on Stock ROM and on CM.

Guest muncheese
Incorrect.

It worked fine on Stock ROM and on CM.

I've had this "issue" on the same email work and not work on a stock rom. It works some times, it doesn't at other times.

I posted a link on xda, this problem is a gmail problem that has been cropping up since android 1.6 on numerous android devices. Google has yet to address it.