Paul's up to something...

Guest munkimatt

Guest Mike Beecham

Hahaha...I wondered how long it would take for the first person to post something. I've also just seen it on twitter and almost wet myself. Fortunately for my leather armchair I did not, in fact, wet myself!

Guest Mike Beecham

It could always be a photoshopped image of the Legend screen superimposed onto the HTC hero handset....just a little conspiracy before lunch!. However, if the legend rom came to the HTC Hero, I may just go find Paul, marry him and then buy him lunch.

My wife may be a little upset at that, but it's worth a shot?? The ultimate beta tester position!!

Guest Mike Beecham
Thats a picture of a legend... it has a brushed aluminium case

Nahhh it's just a grainy photo...I'm pretty sure it's a Hero but, knowing Paul, it could all be a wild goose chase!

Guest Mike Beecham
You marry him, I'll be the bit on the side.

Paul, we're effectively offering ourselves for this ROM.

Now hang on a minute, you're not getting in on my action are you Munk? Cmon, Pauls' a one guy-guy (ummm..that sounds bad, right?)

Guest munkimatt
Nahhh it's just a grainy photo...I'm pretty sure it's a Hero but, knowing Paul, it could all be a wild goose chase!

The Legend has a back surround around the earpiece. That be Hero, I tells you (imagine that in a farmer accent).

out3.jpg

out4.jpg

Edited by munkimatt

Guest rootbox00
Thats a picture of a legend... it has a brushed aluminium case

Nope. This is a Silver HTC Hero and yes it is Alluminium but only on the front.

Can't wait.

Guest werziluk

Strange....Paul said on his Twitter that there is not much point in porting 2.1 ROM's (referring to Eris) over to the Hero this close to official release. Whats different about the legend ROM?

Guest Mike Beecham
Strange....Paul said on his Twitter that there is not much point in porting 2.1 ROM's (referring to Eris) over to the Hero this close to official release. Whats different about the legend ROM?

You know, there is a plausible argument that Paul is just doing it because he can, and for no other reason. You could argue that the winky emot at the end of his tweet is a little "hehe...see what I did", which might indicate that something is afoot. However, I also think that Paul is right in there being little point putting too much effort into a Legend port so close to the new Hero rom update.

I would love to see this come over to the Hero, but I'm not going to get too over-excited about it.

Ever since I updated to Beta 5, my phone has been pretty much near perfect and have 0 issues with it now. I even have the lovely Legend wallpapers on my Hero, so Hero could not get any better at the moment.

Wait and see, I guess!

Edited by Mike Beecham

Guest Mike Beecham
when is hero 2.1 update coming?

As it stands at the moment, no-one really knows. 2009 we were told it was going to be about mid-Feb, then we were told 1st Quarter of 2010, then mid-March. I've disciplined myself to enjoying what I have right now, and not continually longing and reaching for something that may or may not come.

If the predictions come true then it SHOULD be with us within about 4 weeks or so.

Guest Remington Steale

Maybe it will stop people bitching about paying their tenner and not getting a rom update recently.

Who am I kidding........?

Guest munkimatt
Maybe it will stop people bitching about paying their tenner and not getting a rom update recently.

Who am I kidding........?

You've just mentioned the main thing that angers me on this forum...it's a tenner guys, relax.

Edited by munkimatt

Guest Remington Steale
You've just mentioned the main thing that angers me on this forum...it's a tenner guys, relax.

No, that makes me laugh, the one that annoys me is the ones that havent paid and complain about no new rom.

"The world owes me a living" as the old song goes..........

Guest Higgsy

yeah but its a credit crunch, some of us are on benefits. That tenner could buy my family Tesco value fish fingers and chips for a week.

It boots! <_<

Wifi doesn't work, bluetooth doesn't work, the camera doesn't work, the SD card doesn't work, the graphics are periodically corrupted on the weather effects... is it worth the effort of fixing up? Probably not tbh, as i've said before... :mellow:

P

Guest Higgsy

I'd like to say yeah do it, but tbh what's the point, with all that not working it seems the Eris ports worked better "out of the box" so to speak, as most stuff worked straight away. Anyway you wouldn't release a ROM that wasn't fully working would you Paul? Its not really the MCR way is it?

Guest Remington Steale

Hell, just use an Eris port if you're getting flash withdrawal. For the rest of the non obsessive compulsive personality types we can just wait for HTC to get off their collective arses and finally relase the official rom. (Apologies for my cynical cackling)

Now excuse me while I go and get an Eris port......