Android on B7610?

Guest natalie1981_cutie

Guest natalie1981_cutie

The guys at XDA developers seem to be doing a good job with Android on the Pro2. Does anyone know if what they're doing will work on the B7610 or is anyone doing the same project? Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest ErnstJanF

I was succesfully running Android on my phone. You can take a look at the I8000 ROM forum. It's still in alpha so you cannot use anything except hardware keys and touchscreen.

Guest kaspy

well can it be on our lovely pro also .

daskalos bro and all other chefs . plz have a look here.

would be great if we can do that .

well all the best

and have a great day

Guest me00016

IMHO, and based on

- My experience from my previous HTC winmo device (P3470), which after years of active development ended up with a crippled android thing to run from the sd, without even working gsm. Now the project is dead,

- Massive work is being done for merely transfer HTC Sense between the same platform (winmo), and still even here with compromises, and we have the illusion that -say- a froyo distro will manage this hardware?

- Capable People that take our device seriously are so few, and are mainly cooking winmo ROMs

- The lifespan of our devices (How many years will we keep B7610? One? Two years? The majority of us will move to new gadgets - I already think of switching B7610 for a Milestone),

We will never see a complete, serious android-based UI on Omnia Pro, although I wish someday, somebody to prove me wrong...

Edited by me00016

Guest kaspy
IMHO, and based on

- My experience from my previous HTC winmo device (P3470), which after years of active development ended up with a crippled android thing to run from the sd, without even working gsm. Now the project is dead,

- Massive work is being done for merely transfer HTC Sense between the same platform (winmo), and still even here with compromises, and we have the illusion that -say- a froyo distro will manage this hardware?

- Capable People that take our device seriously are so few, and are mainly cooking winmo ROMs

- The lifespan of our devices (How many years will we keep B7610? One? Two years? The majority of us will move to new gadgets - I already think of switching B7610 for a Milestone),

We will never see a complete, serious android-based UI on Omnia Pro, although I wish someday, somebody to prove me wrong...

weel you mat be right . but we just want to have a taste on the same device.

and well something which was nearly immpossible yesterday is possible today .

so never loose hope .

always make the cookers and chefs cheer and boost them to generate the new things .

atleast they are working free for all your joys and desires . and we ought to be thanksful if we use their work . and know lower their sefesteem in any ways.

and brother. iam not saying you with any hated speech nor thoughts .

i just dont want the self esteem of the such a great chefs low at any cost ....

• 4 months later...
Guest shaysus

should say the release of the code would speed up things. but i believe it's been a year since the alpha got released, is there hope forus b7610 owners? sure do hope so.

Guest Jimmy Johnson

Hello people, I don't know where to post this message. Since it is regarding android on b7610, i thought it can go here. I have not seen anybody mention anywhere what I am going to say.

Have anyone tried to "recover" hard disk using "easeus data recovery" or any other data recovery software, if so try the software and recover b7610 storage hard disk of 1.9 GB. I recovered some files of ".apk; .so; .jar" etc extension. Are these "android" files ? (saw a system folder with "lib" folder which has libgles...graphics related).

I request some geniuses to kindly look into this if not tried so far.

I feel B7610 was initially android. Please correct me if i am wrong and kindly excuse my English. Disregard this message if it is garbage. Thanks.

Guest drwakey
Have anyone tried to "recover" hard disk using "easeus data recovery" or any other data recovery software, if so try the software and recover b7610 storage hard disk of 1.9 GB. I recovered some files of ".apk; .so; .jar" etc extension. Are these "android" files ? (saw a system folder with "lib" folder which has libgles...graphics related).

Sounds quite interresting, if i'm not wrong .apk is the package format for android apps O_O

I feel B7610 was initially android. Please correct me if i am wrong and kindly excuse my English. Disregard this message if it is garbage. Thanks.

Who knows, investigating wont hurt.

The only thing we would need would be the drivers, then almar (the Omnia II android guy), could really cook a rom for us.

Wow, this would pwn :(

Guest sakisds
Hello people, I don't know where to post this message. Since it is regarding android on b7610, i thought it can go here. I have not seen anybody mention anywhere what I am going to say.

I request some geniuses to kindly look into this if not tried so far.

Try extracting the .apks as ZIP files and see if you get anything.

Guest Daemon_necis

in my understanding porting omnia2droid to our device is really easy. as i'm thinking you just need another hardware-keyboard map. or are i'm totally wrong?