60 replies to this topic

tigris666

tigris666

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
Could there be a way to use custom update.zip to set the default emergency phone number? Every post i've read regarding setting this number results in someone answering with the less than helpful "just edit it in the ROM and resign it, pretty simple"... people have different definitions of simple. I wouldn't know how to sign a ROM.

fegato

fegato

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One
hey there's a way to include also the market link of the apps I include in the zip?
thanks

Arty Marty

Arty Marty

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Art, Sci-fi, electronics, snow skiing, making jewellery (Jewelry)
  • Twitter:@martindolan
I am not sure what files would be needed etc - I want to add MyBackupPro to the image (as I have already paid for it so dont want to use titanium backup)
any ideas or pointers as to what files would be needed and the structure etc?

Help greatly appreciated...

www.marty.com.au - Science Fiction Art, Sci-fi Sculpture and news

afiorillo

afiorillo

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire w/ MCR r9 WIP
  • Twitter:@afiorillo
I'm trying to bake a r8 Desire ROM with a 9,904,495 bytes ZIP file named 'data.zip' containing /data/app/[a_bunch_of_apks]. When I click "BAKE" and I've waited for the file upload to be completed, I get an error.

What's wrong with it? The ZIP file was created using WinRAR in normal ZIP mode. Thank you!

Edited by Paul, 08 June 2011 - 10:50 AM.

nDrg

nDrg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:Google Nexus One
  • Twitter:@nDrg
For those who may find it useful, this small zip enable trackball wake and unlock (R21 confirmed):

http://localhostr.co...90a0/system.zip

Edited by nDrg, 15 September 2010 - 07:45 PM.

Bruce Huang

Bruce Huang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Dear all,

I have installed the new ROM (r24 WIP), but the new ROM doesn't include HTC_IME with international keyboard (especially for Chinese input).
Can anyone please teach me how to make a zip file for the IME included in r23 so that I can bake my own ROM?

With Regards,
Bruce

DanyW

DanyW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S3
Hi folks,

I sure hope this question hasn't been asked before - a quick search didn't come up with anything.

If I exclude both Launcher2 and Sense can I include a LauncherPro apk in a custom baked r9 ROM? If so, what folder structure does it go under? I'm a complete newbie at this...

Thanks,
Dany.

magicman73

magicman73

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Hi folks,

I sure hope this question hasn't been asked before - a quick search didn't come up with anything.

If I exclude both Launcher2 and Sense can I include a LauncherPro apk in a custom baked r9 ROM? If so, what folder structure does it go under? I'm a complete newbie at this...

Thanks,
Dany.

I'm also asking a similar question actually - I'd like to include ADW Launcher System version in the system partition and take out the stock Android Launcher and the launcher included with the San Francisco r4 release. I've tried creating the folder structure and zipping that up, but it didn't work. Any ideas anyone? Any suggestions warmly appreciated :P

900i

900i

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One, Archos 70
Just a thought, would it be possible after you have customised your Android phone by adding the apps you want and removing the apps you don't need. Could you then dump the system/data and roll this into a rom image for future installs.

Lasse-hatten

Lasse-hatten

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:Orange SF
I would like to try the Kitchen with Custom Ingredients, but I don't know were my apps are... That is: where in the directory structure are the apps I have installed from the Market? I can´t find them on my phone. And, as someone else asked, what is the difference between /system/apps and /data/apps (my /data is completely empty, not even an /apps)?

Luke2642

Luke2642

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Has anyone had any luck adding the circle battery mod?

Mr.Clark

Mr.Clark

Ninja

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4, Nexus 7 2013
If you install (for example) Titanium Backup to /system instead of the /data that it normally goes to, what happens when an update comes down? Does it still update to /system or does it install to /data instead?

philos64

philos64

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Devices:HTC One
  • Twitter:@philos64
Hi
Ok, I've tried to flash an baked rom r3, with this directory : system/app/ all applications, after zipped all (who's name is system.zip), and update for baking.
And after a lot of tries and different baked rom, all the time, all update aborted.

And when I unzipp my baked rom, all my apk was on the good directory, like your rom prebaked.
So I don't understand ...could you explain, please.

I've made a mistake on baked rom.

I've got this report after a try:

"ROM Manager Version 3.0.0.7"
print "Preparing to install ROM..."
install_zip SDCARD:/160211-1533-r3-update-modacocustomrom-vision-sense-kitchen-unsigned-MD5-db68e7c51f206297adea0a9683cbbf29.zip

Parsed /tmp/extendedcommand
calling command print
ROM Manager Version 3.0.0.7
calling command print
Preparing to install ROM...
calling command install_zip

-- Installing: SDCARD:/160211-1533-r3-update-modacocustomrom-vision-sense-kitchen-unsigned-MD5-db68e7c51f206297adea0a9683cbbf29.zip
Finding update package...
I:Update location: SDCARD:/160211-1533-r3-update-modacocustomrom-vision-sense-kitchen-unsigned-MD5-db68e7c51f206297adea0a9683cbbf29.zip
Opening update package...
I:Update file path: /sdcard/160211-1533-r3-update-modacocustomrom-vision-sense-kitchen-unsigned-MD5-db68e7c51f206297adea0a9683cbbf29.zip
minzip: Filename contains invalid character '350'
minzip: Invalid filename (at 1238)
E:Can't open /sdcard/160211-1533-r3-update-modacocustomrom-vision-sense-kitchen-unsigned-MD5-db68e7c51f206297adea0a9683cbbf29.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted.
Failure at line 3:
install_zip SDCARD:/160211-1533-r3-update-modacocustomrom-vision-sense-kitchen-unsigned-MD5-db68e7c51f206297adea0a9683cbbf29.zip

Finally I've flash the r3, but no baked rom :D :) :D But I want to flash my baked rom for My HTC DZ

Edited by philos64, 27 February 2011 - 12:43 PM.

jegupi

jegupi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:Adent Veag
Hi, I recently installed in my Advent Vega Samsung Email from Xda developers, the zip file contains two routes with files, so creating a zip file containing the following is going to work or could be possible adding this application in next Rom?

add/META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary
add/META-INF/com/google/android/update-script
add/system/app/BadgeProvider.apk
add/system/app/Email.apk
add/system/app/LogsProvider.apk

Edited by jegupi, 17 February 2011 - 02:18 PM.

kok2000

kok2000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:ss Tab, HTC DHD
thank you

jordanmejos

jordanmejos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
This one is off the top of my arch - haven't put a abundant accord of anticipation into it - but maybe addition affection you could accept is a way of acceptance anyone to abolish locations of the accepted ROM. For example, I consistently abolish the absence calculator app as I use RealCalc from the market. Perhaps a user could access a account of files they wish removing afore the custom ROM is baked.

shugs81

shugs81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Reet... is this still available?

taking about 10 mins to come back with that...

any idea's peeps? it's for a htc hero not a desire like the previous chap...

any help greatly appreciated!

regd78

regd78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:advant vega
  • Twitter:@none
Can some one please help, I recently bought an advant vega. For the life of me I can not add the andriod market. Can someboby provide an step by step instructions for this please. I to a point and it just isnt happening.

S M HUGHES

S M HUGHES

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I just subscribed to online kitchen - where's my app? ;)

Sim

S M HUGHES

S M HUGHES

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Can't find any apps / point to membership on this site.

Sounded handy using the custom baked roms apps, but looks like a no-go. I'll go for the old fashioned manual approach. Already S-Off and rooted, so shouldn't be too much of a ballache.

Sim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users