FULL & LITE 6.1 BUILD 21056

Guest daskalos

Guest laurenze88
Will be available soon (after a few hours <_< )

Nice nice thanks allot respect everyting, i also tried to cook some roms, but when i want to rebuild the rom 2_packos it doenst create a rom_dump_new file ?? would be nice if you also could help me with this problem

Guest laurenze88
WOW! Excellent news <_<

Maybe not remove Samsung Today? This is very good shell...

thats not true the shell uses to much memory just select some items on today for the greatest result

Guest daskalos
I can't imagine how much free ram This rom will have ( maybe 140mb ?)

Nah....my initial ROM test on 6.1's Free RAM was only 110MB ( no active today plugin and samsung dialer disabled)

Guest JaW-PL
thats not true the shell uses to much memory just select some items on today for the greatest result

This very good shell for me. It looks great as well integrates with Samsung applications.

@daskalos, which version you are cooking. I found the version xxxj3 (indian one) to be best amongst 6.1 roms. It supports WOW and CS drivers working in speaker mode too. Plus it is the latest /final one.

Nah....my initial ROM test on 6.1's Free RAM was only 110MB ( no active today plugin and samsung dialer disabled)

But that is also good. Because shell and gwes will consume less memory with long running and one can hope to have more than 100mb ram free with basic programs running!

Is it possible to for you to exclude the Samsung keyboard and xt9 files? I never use it, and there are good freeware options to go along. Infact, you can include it in your cabs and put the ms keyboard in rom.

Guest daskalos
@daskalos, which version you are cooking. I found the version xxxj3 (indian one) to be best amongst 6.1 roms. It supports WOW and CS drivers working in speaker mode too. Plus it is the latest /final one.

Can you give me the link to this build? I want to make a 6.1 lite rom from a possible latest build (currently i'm experimenting with xxii1)

Guest abbeysumit

Good effort for 6.1 ROM. The only problem I see with 6.1 is screen scrolling. If you r using native email client it doesnt support screen scrolling at all which is very annoying.. secondly the menu scrolling is bad too .. third phonebook scrolling is also not smooth. if I can get all screen and smooth scrolling the it feel its the best rom one can have...

Has anyone experienced the same...

thats just my 2 cents/ paise.

cheers

Abbey

Guest daskalos

Update:

6.1 Megalite is ready, but I choose to port the latest stable build for 6.1 (21056)

It will based on DDIJ3 (thanks 20x for the link)

Info on removed apps: Apps and files removed are the same as in my Megalite 6.5.5, except Today Pro UI

About removing xt9/ Samsung keyboard: Maybe not, 'cause I know people uses these two. Also, if some xt9 files were removed, rom doesn't boot

Update:

6.1 Megalite is ready, but I choose to port the latest stable build for 6.1 (21056)

Info on removed apps: Apps and files removed are the same as in my Megalite 6.5.5, except Today Pro UI

About removing xt9/ Samsung keyboard: Maybe not, 'cause I know people uses these two. Also, if some xt9 files were removed, rom doesn't boot

That indeed is a good news! So it is waiting time for old OS in a new avatar!

The rom was uploaded by shivatink. Thanks a lot to shiva.

Edited by 20x

Guest sandeeppathak007
Update:

Wow waiting for the download to be available

cant wait to flash my phone again.

Guest daskalos
Wow waiting for the download to be available

cant wait to flash my phone again.

Well I'm facing a bit of a problem here...

There's is no audio if you flash the ROM in your device that has originally been shipped with a 6.5 ROM... :mellow:

Well I'm trying my best to bring out the audio...that's why releasing this rom is being delayed :(

Hope that I can solve this issue soon <_<

Well I'm facing a bit of a problem here...

There's is no audio if you flash the ROM in your device that has originally been shipped with a 6.5 ROM... :mellow:

Well I'm trying my best to bring out the audio...that's why releasing this rom is being delayed :(

Hope that I can solve this issue soon <_<

That sounds quite weird. Occassionally being on 6.1 I faced this problem that audio would be lost because either I was trying to put in SRS /WOW into the basic settings or even when I was messing up with wavedrv.dll's settings in the registry. You can check if there is any registry hack of 6.5 being imported into this rom, because importing especially audio settings messes up with the basic audio of 6.1. Other than that I am quite unsure if that could be an hardware issue, but you never know. Please check your essential pack for this.

If you want I can check this rom on my phone which originally came with 6.1.