58 replies to this topic

JohnJayJrV

JohnJayJrV

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Devices:Omnia
Does something weird. I have an i920 and when I minimize mobile 10 it takes control of rotation. Everything is rotating. Even the home screen. and it rotates all around, to the left, to the right and upside down. When I close mobile 10 rotation control goes back to normal. don't know if I like this. Browser does seem faster, though. I may just go back to mobile 10 beta 3.

jv

msra6la2

msra6la2

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Man United, the tag line &quot;United &gt; England&quot; pretty much sums up how much I love the club<br /><br />Cross Country<br /><br />Finance and Investment, Econometrics and Economics, Political Economy<br /><br />Messing around with my Windows Mobile phone(s)<br /><br />watching movies with friends<br /><br />Poker<br />
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II GT-i8000H

Does something weird. I have an i920 and when I minimize mobile 10 it takes control of rotation. Everything is rotating. Even the home screen. and it rotates all around, to the left, to the right and upside down. When I close mobile 10 rotation control goes back to normal. don't know if I like this. Browser does seem faster, though. I may just go back to mobile 10 beta 3.

jv

yup I have that too

Samsung Omnia II GT-i8000H:
Samsung Touchwiz 2.0 UI with Tacchan Black Theme
S2U2 Lockscreen v2.41 with Samsung Lockscreen Modification

ROM:
Eboot: NXXJE1
PDA: HZHJC2
CSC: HGTYJC2
Phone: NXXJC2

JohnJayJrV

JohnJayJrV

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
It may have broke my vibration as well. Woke up this morning and vibration not working any more. Uninstalled but vibration was still not working. Any one else? I really like this version as it is very fast, but this is a deal breaker if it is what cause my issue.....

jv

Edited by JohnJayJrV, 17 March 2010 - 02:23 PM.

damienloh

damienloh

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Does anyone know how to disable full screen and show up the WM top taskbar?

Edited by damienloh, 17 March 2010 - 02:46 PM.

insane73

insane73

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Devices:omnia2

Does anyone know how to disable full screen and show up the WM top taskbar?

If you mean the address bar, go to the little wrench and hit settings then full screen toggle.

Posted Image Posted Image

ray1234

ray1234

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

If you mean the address bar, go to the little wrench and hit settings then full screen toggle.

I don't think he means the address bar, I think it is the red "Opera Mobile 10" bar there. It will stay there covering the top status bar, so you can't see anything like the time. The annoying thing is the red bar will stay there even if you go to desktop, until you run another app and go back to desktop then the red bar is gone. I don't know if the final version has improved on that, as I only tried the beta 3 version.

Another annoying feature is the zoom - is it able to do variable zoom now on Opera Mobile 10 final? on beta 3 I can't do variable zoom.

Edited by ray1234, 17 March 2010 - 11:15 PM.

Dan_Aykroyd

Dan_Aykroyd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
Anybody knows how to change the UI language? I've tried manually editing the opera.ini but after restart, it defaults again to spanish! Opera's forum has nothing on this!

Where is this taking this information? From the CSC? My Windows is fully in english, so I don't know how it assumes I speak spanish.

silencer22

silencer22

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

I don't think he means the address bar, I think it is the red "Opera Mobile 10" bar there. It will stay there covering the top status bar, so you can't see anything like the time. The annoying thing is the red bar will stay there even if you go to desktop, until you run another app and go back to desktop then the red bar is gone. I don't know if the final version has improved on that, as I only tried the beta 3 version.

Another annoying feature is the zoom - is it able to do variable zoom now on Opera Mobile 10 final? on beta 3 I can't do variable zoom.

no variable zoom still :)

TheGoDxxxx

TheGoDxxxx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
Any of ya know how to disable auto rotating all together? That really annoyes the s*** out of me.

On a sidenote, I just found out that u can ad custom search engines into opera by just tab and hold on a searchbar of a webpage.

damienloh

damienloh

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

I don't think he means the address bar, I think it is the red "Opera Mobile 10" bar there. It will stay there covering the top status bar, so you can't see anything like the time....

Why OM10 now cover up the top WM bar? WM 9.5 & 9.7 didn't.

Posted Image

TheGoDxxxx

TheGoDxxxx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Why OM10 now cover up the top WM bar? WM 9.5 & 9.7 didn't.

Posted Image

Thats actually in there since the first beta...and I really hate it! In >10 u could view the clock and other information on the top bar by just activating the adressbar / menu view, know I have to minimize out of the browser to see that.

To my knowledge there is no way to change that back.

Edited by TheGoDxxxx, 18 March 2010 - 04:14 PM.

dwallersv

dwallersv

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Any of ya know how to disable auto rotating all together? That really annoyes the s*** out of me.

On a sidenote, I just found out that u can ad custom search engines into opera by just tab and hold on a searchbar of a webpage.

Remove \windows\startup\RotationSupport.lnk (actually, created a directory \Windows\StartupDisabled and copy it there, so you don't lose it, 'cause you will forget).

Then using a reg editor, change HKLM\System\GDI\Rotation\HideOrientationUI => 0

This will allow you to assign <Rotate Screen> to a hardware button, and rotate manually when you want to. The screen will not rotate automatically any more.

Dan_Aykroyd

Dan_Aykroyd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Anybody knows how to change the UI language? I've tried manually editing the opera.ini but after restart, it defaults again to spanish! Opera's forum has nothing on this!

Where is this taking this information? From the CSC? My Windows is fully in english, so I don't know how it assumes I speak spanish.

How do you do this!!!?? :)

ngreg

ngreg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
after using opera 10 for a day, I think I will keep using NetFront. The opera 10 browsing speed isn't faster than NetFront but the start time is longer. I no need flash support, so I choose NetFront.

damienloh

damienloh

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Thats actually in there since the first beta...and I really hate it! In >10 u could view the clock and other information on the top bar by just activating the adressbar / menu view, know I have to minimize out of the browser to see that.

To my knowledge there is no way to change that back.

How do you minimize it?

levytv

levytv

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Devices:omnia verizon
ngreg - try opera mini 5. very fast.

ngreg

ngreg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

ngreg - try opera mini 5. very fast.

hmm....I tried it, very fast. But a big big problem is that....is the mini does not support active sync and wireless? I only can connect to internet via gprs or 3G network

levytv

levytv

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Devices:omnia verizon

hmm....I tried it, very fast. But a big big problem is that....is the mini does not support active sync and wireless? I only can connect to internet via gprs or 3G network

how do you use the active sync and wireless?

Ruud S

Ruud S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:GT-I8000

Remove \windows\startup\RotationSupport.lnk (actually, created a directory \Windows\StartupDisabled and copy it there, so you don't lose it, 'cause you will forget).

Then using a reg editor, change HKLM\System\GDI\Rotation\HideOrientationUI => 0

This will allow you to assign <Rotate Screen> to a hardware button, and rotate manually when you want to. The screen will not rotate automatically any more.

I've already set up my device this way, but unfortunately Opera has auto-rotation built in independently of Samsung's RotationSupport. So, it will still auto-rotate. What's even more annoying is that it will always auto-rotate while running; even when just running in the background it will auto-rotate the current foreground-application (including today-screen, games etc).

This makes applications unusable that are landscape by default; when holding your phone on it's side (landscape), Opera will rotate those apps another 90 degrees to the top of your screen. This includes Asphalt4 and the scientific calculator.

dande

dande

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Devices:HTC Polaris, Omnia II

I have done a bit of searching around and cannot figure out how to watch flash videos. When you say it is enabled through plugins as I have enabled, am I able to watch flash videos say on facebook?

Hi

flash does not work, even if I have activated through settings.
Do I need to install it in main memory maybe?
Please someone that flash works may answer.
Thank you.

Now regarding the auto-rotation it's not that important -at least for me - as i usually don't minimize opera and start playing asphalt4 or anything else apart open note for a copy or so.

Keyboard does not have a lag for me on my CG 6.5.5 ROM.

Seems similar to b3 so I guess going back if someone has issues, it's not to that bad idea.

Thank you guys

Edited by dande, 19 March 2010 - 11:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users