Opera Mobile 10 & Opera Mini 5 gone FINAL

Guest ray1234
If you mean the address bar, go to the little wrench and hit settings then full screen toggle.

I don't think he means the address bar, I think it is the red "Opera Mobile 10" bar there. It will stay there covering the top status bar, so you can't see anything like the time. The annoying thing is the red bar will stay there even if you go to desktop, until you run another app and go back to desktop then the red bar is gone. I don't know if the final version has improved on that, as I only tried the beta 3 version.

Another annoying feature is the zoom - is it able to do variable zoom now on Opera Mobile 10 final? on beta 3 I can't do variable zoom.

Edited by ray1234

Anybody knows how to change the UI language? I've tried manually editing the opera.ini but after restart, it defaults again to spanish! Opera's forum has nothing on this!

Where is this taking this information? From the CSC? My Windows is fully in english, so I don't know how it assumes I speak spanish.

Guest silencer22
I don't think he means the address bar, I think it is the red "Opera Mobile 10" bar there. It will stay there covering the top status bar, so you can't see anything like the time. The annoying thing is the red bar will stay there even if you go to desktop, until you run another app and go back to desktop then the red bar is gone. I don't know if the final version has improved on that, as I only tried the beta 3 version.

Another annoying feature is the zoom - is it able to do variable zoom now on Opera Mobile 10 final? on beta 3 I can't do variable zoom.

no variable zoom still :)

Guest TheGoDxxxx

Any of ya know how to disable auto rotating all together? That really annoyes the s*** out of me.

On a sidenote, I just found out that u can ad custom search engines into opera by just tab and hold on a searchbar of a webpage.

Guest damienloh
I don't think he means the address bar, I think it is the red "Opera Mobile 10" bar there. It will stay there covering the top status bar, so you can't see anything like the time....

Why OM10 now cover up the top WM bar? WM 9.5 & 9.7 didn't.

screen02-thumb.png

Guest TheGoDxxxx
Why OM10 now cover up the top WM bar? WM 9.5 & 9.7 didn't.

screen02-thumb.png

Thats actually in there since the first beta...and I really hate it! In >10 u could view the clock and other information on the top bar by just activating the adressbar / menu view, know I have to minimize out of the browser to see that.

To my knowledge there is no way to change that back.

Edited by TheGoDxxxx

Guest dwallersv
Any of ya know how to disable auto rotating all together? That really annoyes the s*** out of me.

On a sidenote, I just found out that u can ad custom search engines into opera by just tab and hold on a searchbar of a webpage.

Remove \windows\startup\RotationSupport.lnk (actually, created a directory \Windows\StartupDisabled and copy it there, so you don't lose it, 'cause you will forget).

Then using a reg editor, change HKLM\System\GDI\Rotation\HideOrientationUI => 0

This will allow you to assign <Rotate Screen> to a hardware button, and rotate manually when you want to. The screen will not rotate automatically any more.

Anybody knows how to change the UI language? I've tried manually editing the opera.ini but after restart, it defaults again to spanish! Opera's forum has nothing on this!

Where is this taking this information? From the CSC? My Windows is fully in english, so I don't know how it assumes I speak spanish.

How do you do this!!!?? :)

Guest ngreg

after using opera 10 for a day, I think I will keep using NetFront. The opera 10 browsing speed isn't faster than NetFront but the start time is longer. I no need flash support, so I choose NetFront.

Guest damienloh
Thats actually in there since the first beta...and I really hate it! In >10 u could view the clock and other information on the top bar by just activating the adressbar / menu view, know I have to minimize out of the browser to see that.

To my knowledge there is no way to change that back.

How do you minimize it?

Guest ngreg
ngreg - try opera mini 5. very fast.

hmm....I tried it, very fast. But a big big problem is that....is the mini does not support active sync and wireless? I only can connect to internet via gprs or 3G network

Guest levytv
hmm....I tried it, very fast. But a big big problem is that....is the mini does not support active sync and wireless? I only can connect to internet via gprs or 3G network

how do you use the active sync and wireless?

Guest Ruud S
Remove \windows\startup\RotationSupport.lnk (actually, created a directory \Windows\StartupDisabled and copy it there, so you don't lose it, 'cause you will forget).

Then using a reg editor, change HKLM\System\GDI\Rotation\HideOrientationUI => 0

This will allow you to assign <Rotate Screen> to a hardware button, and rotate manually when you want to. The screen will not rotate automatically any more.

I've already set up my device this way, but unfortunately Opera has auto-rotation built in independently of Samsung's RotationSupport. So, it will still auto-rotate. What's even more annoying is that it will always auto-rotate while running; even when just running in the background it will auto-rotate the current foreground-application (including today-screen, games etc).

This makes applications unusable that are landscape by default; when holding your phone on it's side (landscape), Opera will rotate those apps another 90 degrees to the top of your screen. This includes Asphalt4 and the scientific calculator.

Guest dande
I have done a bit of searching around and cannot figure out how to watch flash videos. When you say it is enabled through plugins as I have enabled, am I able to watch flash videos say on facebook?

Hi

flash does not work, even if I have activated through settings.

Do I need to install it in main memory maybe?

Please someone that flash works may answer.

Thank you.

Now regarding the auto-rotation it's not that important -at least for me - as i usually don't minimize opera and start playing asphalt4 or anything else apart open note for a copy or so.

Keyboard does not have a lag for me on my CG 6.5.5 ROM.

Seems similar to b3 so I guess going back if someone has issues, it's not to that bad idea.

Thank you guys

Edited by dande

Guest Ruud S
Now regarding the auto-rotation it's not that important -at least for me - as i usually don't minimize opera and start playing asphalt4 or anything else apart open note for a copy or so.

I usually leave Opera open all the time; it is easier to minimize opera using a single hardware button than to close it, which requires three screen taps. This also reduces loading time (especially when switching back and forth between RSSHub and Opera for reading the full story) and allows me to leave some interesting tabs open and quickly return to them at a later time. So for me it is actually a big issue.

For the people that don't like this behavior as well; I've opened a topic at the Opera forum (http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=470991) so please reply there in the hope that Opera fixes this issue.

Guest ED2O9

People keep asking about viewing Flash content with Opera, but I've been running Skyfire for months with good success of Flash enabled sites. There are none of the weird glitches like stuck auto-rotation and limited zooming. Is there something I'm missing as to why more people aren't using Skyfire?

In all seriousness... I'm just curious.

Guest qtilt

Skyfire is just, well, annoying. This is extremely evident when you go to type into search boxes on web pages - it takes like 8 seconds to just load up the search box. Opera also has much better panning than skyfire.

just my 2 cents.

People keep asking about viewing Flash content with Opera, but I've been running Skyfire for months with good success of Flash enabled sites. There are none of the weird glitches like stuck auto-rotation and limited zooming. Is there something I'm missing as to why more people aren't using Skyfire?

In all seriousness... I'm just curious.

Guest dande

Please can someone who is able to see flash content can tell me if we have to install Opera 10 in main memory.

This was to be an prerequisite in older versions to be able to display Flash content.

Thanks in advance.

Guest Nazar78
Please can someone who is able to see flash content can tell me if we have to install Opera 10 in main memory.

This was to be an prerequisite in older versions to be able to display Flash content.

Thanks in advance.

i too can't see any flash content being played on all sites. the plug-in just display a white background with a gray play button. clicked play nothing happens. i'm on jb1 and had too many tweaks done so can't really tell whats wrong till the next clean install. i also tried playing with several flashlite 3.1 build and messed around with the clsid but nothing helps. i believe most of us would want to install opera anywhere except main memory so is this the cause? for anyone who's able to view the flash content eg. in the youtube mobile optimize setup we would appreciate for some advise.

tia...

Edited by Nazar78

Guest chokia

have you ON the plugin? in opera menu settings>advanced>plug-ins>ON

Flash content (ie youtube) plays just fine just like IE6 and Skyfire. ( i hv all 3 of them incl opera mobile 10)

Only different it has that white background with grey play button. Once you clicked on it, the button turns darker and dissappears, the content loads and play after that.

Guest Nazar78
have you ON the plugin? in opera menu settings>advanced>plug-ins>ON

Flash content (ie youtube) plays just fine just like IE6 and Skyfire. ( i hv all 3 of them incl opera mobile 10)

Only different it has that white background with grey play button. Once you clicked on it, the button turns darker and dissappears, the content loads and play after that.

yes the plug-ins in the settings has been set to on. when i clicked on the grey button, it does like what you mentioned, but nothing loads and being played after that.