new rom update from toshiba

Guest darckreign1984

Guest darckreign1984

first version TG01WP_5005000167.tsw

2 version inside arhive you have a new folder TG01WP_6.5_Orange_UK_Update, and build its TG01WP_5005000176.tsw

software 5005.0001.76

sp-00

radio 5001.0001.76

build 21876.5.0.72

Guest two-litres
first version TG01WP_5005000167.tsw

2 version inside arhive you have a new folder TG01WP_6.5_Orange_UK_Update, and build its TG01WP_5005000176.tsw

software 5005.0001.76

sp-00

radio 5001.0001.76

build 21876.5.0.72

and it will be on my phone as soon as i can get a connection with activesync long enough to copy it over.

Have you tried it yet?

Guest bib*oops
and it will be on my phone as soon as i can get a connection with activesync long enough to copy it over.

Have you tried it yet?

No, you have to download it on your pc first.

DO NOT FORGET to back-up your data(contacts, whatever...) first!!!!

Edited by bib*oops

Guest tonykent
Update for italian ROM also...

Not for french/romanian ROMs yet..

How about german/spanish ROMs?

The website is yet again showing a broken link...

Guest drkdeath5000

Well i downloaded the installer from toshiba run the file and click download but im getting an error:

Download failed

Filename is invalid

Any ideas ?

Guest bib*oops
Well i downloaded the installer from toshiba run the file and click download but im getting an error:

Download failed

Filename is invalid

Any ideas ?

Did you try to use sddl+?

Guest coolkat

Download failed

Filename is invalid

Any ideas ?

make sure there are no files inside prg folder and also in the folder where you placed the tg01_sddl.exe file, make sure there are no files with non-common name. if you have transferred files using a mac, mac will create some junk folders. delete them

Guest tonykent
make sure there are no files inside prg folder and also in the folder where you placed the tg01_sddl.exe file, make sure there are no files with non-common name. if you have transferred files using a mac, mac will create some junk folders. delete them

What is the direct link - the software update appears to display a message that indicates that an existing user of 6.5 cannot upgrade, something odd here - the "167" rom was the update from 6.1 to 6.5!

Guest coolkat
What is the direct link - the software update appears to display a message that indicates that an existing user of 6.5 cannot upgrade, something odd here - the "167" rom was the update from 6.1 to 6.5!

i got he same message when i tried installing it first time today. im currently using mac to copy over files as my windows machine died couple of days ago. Basically it created some junk files and folders both in root and prg folder. after getting rid of the these files, it was ok. It didnt not even prompt me for battery eventhough my battery was at 20%. i thnk ssdl+ shows battery warning.

Guest drkdeath5000
Did you try to use sddl+?

Not sure how to ?

No extra files or folders i just copied over the extracted file using windows 7 and winrar. Re copying now so we'll see.

Guest drkdeath5000

Same again im afraid :-(

Download failed

File name is invalid!!

Again no extra files or folders, ive just got the main folder 'TG01WP_6.5_Orange_UK_Update' with '/prg/' and 'TG01_SDDL.exe'. /prg/ also contains the file 'TG01WP_5005000176.tsw'.

Im running on the orange tg01 bought from orange online in january with 6.5 pre installed.

Guest DunkDream

You made something wrong!

You need to copy the prg folger and the sddl file directly onto your storage card without placing it into the Toshiba TG...folder...

Then it should work for you!

I made the same fault at the beginning.

Guest bib*oops

See post #9...

Ignore the toshiba bla-bla.

Just download, unzip, copy prg folder and sddl directly on your sd card...

Edited by bib*oops

Guest drkdeath5000
You made something wrong!

You need to copy the prg folger and the sddl file directly onto your storage card without placing it into the Toshiba TG...folder...

Then it should work for you!

I made the same fault at the beginning.

Thanks that was exactly it !!

Its doing something now :-)

Guest drkdeath5000

Well its all installed and the phone seems much quicker for starters but i guess a master clear does that :-). Will know for sure once i've installed all my apps.

Guest coolkat
Where is this update? The only thing on the Tosh site is the 6.1 to 6.5 upgrade.

dude.. if you already have 6.5 its prob was made in september 2009. this is a new version made in jan 2010 and is only released today. the old one is not available on the site anymore.

Guest bib*oops
dude.. if you already have 6.5 its prob was made in september 2009. this is a new version made in jan 2010 and is only released today. the old one is not available on the site anymore.

Well said!

Guest drkdeath5000

New rom update definately seems to have made the phone faster, i've got all my apps installed and now where the phone would sometimes take 2 - 3 goes at starting up it now more a less does it in one go :-). No crashes so far either which im very happy about. Im not sure what updates they've made in this rom but its definately done something ...

Guest bingm

I'd hard reset my tg01 a day before reading about this new rom (godamn slow device.exe bug was killing me), updated rom yesterday and i cant tell any difference yet.

Guest leeston2379

I loaded the new software update from Tosh last night, first impressions are good. I am using a UK Orange handset and UK english ROM

No major crashes or freezes today.

GPS still losing reception every 20 mins or so for about 30 secs, though i only tested TomTom with GPS gate 2.6.

Call quality did seem better but i only made one call and used a bluetooth hands free kit, so wouldn't say thats confirmed.

I also found that when using the close button it goes back to the last screen used instead of the home screen.