47 replies to this topic

bib*oops

bib*oops

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Devices:tg01,touch2, ex.ipaq6915

dude.. if you already have 6.5 its prob was made in september 2009. this is a new version made in jan 2010 and is only released today. the old one is not available on the site anymore.

Well said!

drkdeath5000

drkdeath5000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:toshiba tg01
New rom update definately seems to have made the phone faster, i've got all my apps installed and now where the phone would sometimes take 2 - 3 goes at starting up it now more a less does it in one go :-). No crashes so far either which im very happy about. Im not sure what updates they've made in this rom but its definately done something ...

bingm

bingm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
I'd hard reset my tg01 a day before reading about this new rom (godamn slow device.exe bug was killing me), updated rom yesterday and i cant tell any difference yet.

leeston2379

leeston2379

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Devices:TG01
I loaded the new software update from Tosh last night, first impressions are good. I am using a UK Orange handset and UK english ROM
No major crashes or freezes today.
GPS still losing reception every 20 mins or so for about 30 secs, though i only tested TomTom with GPS gate 2.6.
Call quality did seem better but i only made one call and used a bluetooth hands free kit, so wouldn't say thats confirmed.
I also found that when using the close button it goes back to the last screen used instead of the home screen.

pranderson

pranderson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I get an error "Error occured during system reset" and nothing ever happens

laggy

laggy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

I get an error "Error occured during system reset" and nothing ever happens

Need more information about your problem.

pranderson

pranderson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Need more information about your problem.

Oddly enough there is not much more to give. I downloaded the update, TG01_SDDL.exe and prg folder to the root of my micro SD (plenty of free space). run TG01_SDDL.exe, click download wait a few seconds and get a warning message that says, "Erro occurred during system reset". All I can do is hit OK and then nothing.

Was running the last 6.5 update. Cleared memory to make sure I did not have an app conflict, same issue.

kevinpwhite

kevinpwhite

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Devices:Toshiba TG01, e830, HTC 710

Was running the last 6.5 update. Cleared memory to make sure I did not have an app conflict, same issue.

I would recommend carrying out a full hard reset (Master Clear) first and then running the SDDL install routine. At least that way you can be shure that there is no extraneous SW or registry settings which can inhibit proceedings.

Regards,

Kevin

adzman808

adzman808

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak TG01 HD2 CBR600RR7
  • Twitter:@adzman808
no porblems doing my install.....

had a nasty shock when BT wouldn't turn on - but a restart fixed that... :)

early days - 1st observations....

phone is slightly faster in operation, BUT i think this is cos of having a master clear rather than the new ROM

when you x out of a application (it still doesn't close) but you return the previous screen not back to the today screen, which is nice

i don't use 3rd party GPS, so i can't comment on that...

the battery icon now works how i'd expect (i didn't need to perform my reg hack to get the batt icon to show all the time)

and of course - the big one...

call quality... in a single word = improved.

but still not the best telephony experience of my life - still not as good as my old nokia 6300

i think in all honesty - this probably makes the phone as they should have released it originally

but i'm happy enough :-)

===============================================================================

Cheers

- Toshiba TG01
- HTC HD2
- Dell Streak
- CBR600RR7

such a noob, i'm greener than the android icon!!

mom4751

mom4751

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Toshiba TG01; Samsung Omnia II
Silent release, no changelog, no chance to notice the update for the people that doesnt know this forum... what the hell ?!?

pipi52

pipi52

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:TG01
i've updated my ROM and have observed the following:

- I had to do 4 soft restarts to get it to find orange UK, this was really strange...i hope this is not another issue (for me)

- most importantly call quality - THUMBS UP! - the other half can at least understand what I am saying! As Adam says, it's how it should have been released.

- summary, I will think very hard about buying toshiba again...they'll have to do something extra-ordinary to get another sale from me...sorry Tosh.

pranderson

pranderson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I would recommend carrying out a full hard reset (Master Clear) first and then running the SDDL install routine. At least that way you can be shure that there is no extraneous SW or registry settings which can inhibit proceedings.

Regards,

Kevin

Thanks for the help, however I did that and I have the same issues....:)

kevinpwhite

kevinpwhite

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Thanks for the help, however I did that and I have the same issues....;)

Hmmm.... I think my next step would be to re-download the complete update file from Toshiba's website; take a uSD Card and format it (FAT32); load the new ROM and SDDL onto the card, insert and then try again. It is just possible you have a corrupted D/L or an error reading from the card in which case this may help fix.

Good luck :)

Regards,

Kevin

*LeiTo*

*LeiTo*

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:TOSHIBA TG01

Hmmm.... I think my next step would be to re-download the complete update file from Toshiba's website; take a uSD Card and format it (FAT32); load the new ROM and SDDL onto the card, insert and then try again. It is just possible you have a corrupted D/L or an error reading from the card in which case this may help fix.

Good luck :)

Regards,
Kevin

or try the short pin method, no?

kevinpwhite

kevinpwhite

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

or try the short pin method, no?

Agreed as one remaining step to initiate Bootload. If that then doesn't do the trick, you may have to recourse to Toshiba. Let us know how you get on with the above suggestions ?

Link here for Pin Short method.

Regrads,

Kevin

Edited by kevinpwhite, 19 March 2010 - 07:58 AM.

pranderson

pranderson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Agreed as one remaining step to initiate Bootload. If that then doesn't do the trick, you may have to recourse to Toshiba. Let us know how you get on with the above suggestions ?

Link here for Pin Short method.

Regrads,

Kevin

Okay the full format did not work. I will move on to the pin reset.

pranderson

pranderson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Okay the full format did not work. I will move on to the pin reset.

Okay PIN short does put it into a boot from SD mode, however now I get a invalid variant error. So I did a hard reset, and tried the PIN short method, same issue. :)

Lestat.me

Lestat.me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
The phone is faster, but the WM6.5 interface has some stutter. :\ I've installed the italian version of the rome.

kevinpwhite

kevinpwhite

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Okay PIN short does put it into a boot from SD mode, however now I get a invalid variant error. So I did a hard reset, and tried the PIN short method, same issue. :)

Suggest get yourself back to a working (old) WM6.5 ROM version; then try the clean download / install to formatted uSD route. If that still is causing problems, I'm afraid not quite sure what to suggest...

Regards,

Kevin

useyourfist

useyourfist

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Devices:tg01
i already seem to have this rom preinstalled on my tg01 by looking at the radio version, i still havepoor quality sound tho so hate to think hat the rest of yours was like before this rom

ADD ON PS3 - USEYOURFIST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users