47 replies to this topic

kevinpwhite

kevinpwhite

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Devices:Toshiba TG01, e830, HTC 710
A guide to the full soft de-brand procedure based on the new WM6.5 ROM is now available on XDA.
http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=650725

Edited by kevinpwhite, 22 March 2010 - 09:53 PM.

ice_rich

ice_rich

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i just put the tg01_sddl and prg folder on my sd card and ran the tg01_sddl and it installed great with no probs and the call quality was good.then i put spb 3.5 mobile shell on then srs wow with the 3 seperates cabs and then next i put sktools on and i think this phone rocks and im so happy its sorted.only thing im worried about is the storage free memory is 186 mb which looks cool but program free memory is only 56mb. should i have master cleared first before installing the new update rom or is this normal and if so is there anything i can delete that would free up more program ram or should i not worry?.best regards rich

kevinpwhite

kevinpwhite

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Devices:Toshiba TG01, e830, HTC 710

... should i have master cleared first before installing the new update rom ...

Normally good practice to do so, but in reality shouldn't make any difference - when you flash a ROM the process normally clears the content of the device ROM memory and then writes the new image into place. When you boot up the first time it is just like when you restart following a hard reset.

Regards,

Kevin

Edited by kevinpwhite, 22 March 2010 - 10:48 PM.

ice_rich

ice_rich

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Normally good practice to do so, but in reality shouldn't make any difference - when you flash a ROM the process normally clears the content of the device ROM memory and then writes the new image into place. When you boot up the first time it is just like when you restart following a hard reset.

Regards,

Kevin

thanx for confirming kevin....just worried that the program ram was running too low with only 3 programs installed after installed rom.maybe spb hogging it.best regards rich

Garfy Squirrell

Garfy Squirrell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Toshiba TG01
Installed this the other day. So far I have had no complaints from people on the other end of the phone about the reception (And I have got in the habit of asking due to this phone)

I have found that the GPS Still drops out on a regular basis (Using CoPilot 8 Live without additional GPS software)

I have also found that they have tinkered with the touchscreen.

Previously I was finding it virtually impossible to use without a stylus. Basically I noticed that in the note pad application if I tried to draw lots of small circles over the screen the device had a habit of suddenly drawing a line from the top of the screen, The impact of this was when I was typing a text message all of a sudden I would somehow manage to select all the text and then delete it when I pressed the next letter (Very Annoying). Now I find the screen a little less responsive, but this fault appears have been addressed and improved. I put it to the test in the note pad drawing the crcles again and it does still have the fault, but less frequent.

All in All, I think this has improved the phone's biggest faults.

Still, not going to be risking the TG02, TG03 or even TG100!
They have put me off for life!

pranderson

pranderson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Suggest get yourself back to a working (old) WM6.5 ROM version; then try the clean download / install to formatted uSD route. If that still is causing problems, I'm afraid not quite sure what to suggest...
Regards,

Kevin

Got it! The trick was to have tg01_sddl+.exe rather than the sddl toshiba provided (found several links to it on XDA). I did have to PIN reset, but all is good now.

Attached Files

Davidben83

Davidben83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

dude.. if you already have 6.5 its prob was made in september 2009. this is a new version made in jan 2010 and is only released today. the old one is not available on the site anymore.

I also have the old version of 6.5. And it is not good on the sound quality. Can I install this version of 6.5 over it? Thanks

adzman808

adzman808

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak TG01 HD2 CBR600RR7
  • Twitter:@adzman808
absolutely, that's 100% percent what to do

===============================================================================

Cheers

- Toshiba TG01
- HTC HD2
- Dell Streak
- CBR600RR7

such a noob, i'm greener than the android icon!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users