T*omnia lockscreen

Guest Omega Ra
Looking into it now. Let you know soon.

Oh yes. It works. Stock i920 lock as a slider. It will need a bit of tweaking (language/character issues). But it's primarily there. I'll play with it some later today.

854e523a-85aa-4a1a-b59b-8147ba73913.jpg

This is what the lockscreen looks like. I love the slider however, as you can see the characters for the day of the week and the word slide do not show correctly as this is the Korean version of the lockscreen, also touchplayer is not integrated either. When I look at the .exe's hex code it does mention touchplayer, but sadly I do not have any programming knowledge and am not sure how to fix this. The images for the slider and such are in the .dll (again I looked at it using visual studio 2008) but when I tried to change the png's it wouldn't let me save as it was write protected. If anyone with more knowledge than me could fix this it would be awesome!

thanks to kgp700 for giving us this ROM and everyone involved so far (asus and snow in particular for looking at the lock screen)

lock_screen.rar

Guest azza6
This is what the lockscreen looks like. I love the slider however, as you can see the characters for the day of the week and the word slide do not show correctly as this is the Korean version of the lockscreen, also touchplayer is not integrated either. When I look at the .exe's hex code it does mention touchplayer, but sadly I do not have any programming knowledge and am not sure how to fix this. The images for the slider and such are in the .dll (again I looked at it using visual studio 2008) but when I tried to change the png's it wouldn't let me save as it was write protected. If anyone with more knowledge than me could fix this it would be awesome!

thanks to kgp700 for giving us this ROM and everyone involved so far (asus and snow in particular for looking at the lock screen)

I hope someone can get this fully working! I love the looks of S2U2.. BUT. It's way too laggy on my i8000.

Anyone please get this running fully.. :)

Guest Omega Ra
Does this lockscreen has TouchPlayer integration?

it is supposed to and does in the Korean ROM, but not with our i920's/i8000's. That is why I started this thread...

Guest Snow02

Yeah. Again, I took a quick look at it. As this is not a flash file as on the i920, all of the integration is handeled in the lockscreen.exe. The .dll file contains some graphics, but nothing related to system state/control. This lockscreen is a modification of the stock wm lockscreen, as evidenced by it's use of a cpr instead of flash (and this should be obvious by the slider as well).

For those that have tried installing this, the notifications do not work the same. Missed calls give a lockscreen notification, altered from the wm layout, but there is no notification for email, text, or voicemail. So, again like with the swf file, I don't have high hopes for getting this to work.

And Omega, I actually emailed samsung and asked them for the original fla for the i920. They said no... Assholes. I mean, what harm would it do, ya know?

Anyways. I wouldn't hold your breath on this one. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. And I don't even use touchplayer, which seems to be the thing you're really looking for Omega. Otherwise there's functionally no difference between the samsung lock and the wm lock. And the wm lock is faster anyways.

Guest Omega Ra
Yeah. Again, I took a quick look at it. As this is not a flash file as on the i920, all of the integration is handeled in the lockscreen.exe. The .dll file contains some graphics, but nothing related to system state/control. This lockscreen is a modification of the stock wm lockscreen, as evidenced by it's use of a cpr instead of flash (and this should be obvious by the slider as well).

For those that have tried installing this, the notifications do not work the same. Missed calls give a lockscreen notification, altered from the wm layout, but there is no notification for email, text, or voicemail. So, again like with the swf file, I don't have high hopes for getting this to work.

And Omega, I actually emailed samsung and asked them for the original fla for the i920. They said no... Assholes. I mean, what harm would it do, ya know?

Anyways. I wouldn't hold your breath on this one. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. And I don't even use touchplayer, which seems to be the thing you're really looking for Omega. Otherwise there's functionally no difference between the samsung lock and the wm lock. And the wm lock is faster anyways.

Yeah I would use the WM lock, however, it doesn't lock the camera button. that is hard-wired into the lock button. So it kind of defeats the purpose, so unless you know how to get the WM lockscreen to activate using the lock button and acutally have it lock the entire phone without using a password it would be great. Oh and I don't think this actually uses the .cpr from WM...everything is in the dll and exe, the cpr has nothing to do with this lockscreen. The slider and such are in the .dll, I tried editing it in my Visual Studio, but I don't really know what I am doing AND it wouldn't let me save it either because it is write protected.

Guest azza6

I'm not worried about the touchplayer, but if it doesn't give notifications for text or anything similar it seems pretty pointless.. :)

Guest Omega Ra
I'm not worried about the touchplayer, but if it doesn't give notifications for text or anything similar it seems pretty pointless.. :)

yes, can anyone post up the original lockscreen.exe and lockres.dll and lockscreen.dll? once I put these in I don't seem to be able to delete them to go back to the originals and I don't want to hard reset.

• 2 years later...