HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\InputBufferSize: set from 4096 to 512
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\OutputBufferSize: set from 4096 to 512
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\SleepOnNoData: set from 100 to 0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer\MaxBufferSize: set from 16384 to 1024
I just tried this reg trick I founds on XDA, i had really awful GPS on 6.1 and lots of proxy tools, and now with fresh official 6.5, this works really well, fast, without freeze, and even allow Totom to work without any tool !
All, posting here maybe someone knows the answer:
I use those registry settings
XTRA enabled, also the SNTP server, although I see no difference it it is on or off
anyway, GPS finds a fix mostly very fast and works stable.
BUT: while GPS is running (tomtom or Igo or google maps), I have two strange behaviours of the phone with all ROMS I used so far (PDA):
1. POUTLOOK does not work properly any more: you find no contacts while navi is in background, cannot open calendar items, and onyl preview emails but not opening them (I use 6.5.5. rom with Office 10 from Daraklos - but that behaviour also happend in stock rom and all other roms)
2. even more : when using the PHONE (independent if Samsung dial pad or WM 6.5 stock dial pad), while any navi is in background, after some calls, after hanging up the call, the PHONE app (cprog.exe) freezes, and only reboot helps. Navigation system continues to work, but you are not reachable by phone nor can you do an outobund call, since the phone app is simply frozen.
Also bleutooth connection to hands-free in car is breaking down and starting, stopping starting, etc. calls via hands-free keys also not possible (so not only a display problem on the device). only reboot helps.
maybe the CSC files I use are not compatiple with the hardware any more, tried B7610BTIL4.csc, where it happens "often", B7610NXXIL4 (and then the ATO version inside) . where it happens ALWAYS. Phone has German keyboard, so German CSC files need to be used.
does anyone have similar issues, or even better: did anyone of you SOLVE those issues so far? and if yes, or if it does simply work on your end?
- what navi version are you using
- what ROM are you using (PDA file)
- what PHONE file are you using
- what CSC file are you using (all can found in samsung settings-system-version-hardware - and if it is the CSC issue, does anyone have a WORKING German CSC file I can flash...