A2SD Help

Guest bearlyme86

Guest bearlyme86

Hey all,

I have a nexus one which I recently rooted and installed the a15 release of Paul's HTC Sense ROM including the A2SD option. That said I have NO IDEA how to utilize this feature and given the fact that when I install applications it cuts into the devices memory I am pretty sure they aren't being installed to the SD card.

Can anyone offer any advice, or better, is there a how-to guide out there for setting up A2SD on this ROM?

Thanks!

Jason

Guest Stea1thmode
Hey all,

I have a nexus one which I recently rooted and installed the a15 release of Paul's HTC Sense ROM including the A2SD option. That said I have NO IDEA how to utilize this feature and given the fact that when I install applications it cuts into the devices memory I am pretty sure they aren't being installed to the SD card.

Can anyone offer any advice, or better, is there a how-to guide out there for setting up A2SD on this ROM?

Thanks!

Jason

You first have to partition your sdcrad, the easiest way to do so is using anom's recovery image. Before you do anything back up your sdcard to your pc. then go into recovery mode and select

partition ascard

swap= 0

512MB

reboot

you should be done, all your apps should now be transferred to your sd card

Guest bearlyme86
You first have to partition your sdcrad, the easiest way to do so is using anom's recovery image. Before you do anything back up your sdcard to your pc. then go into recovery mode and select

partition ascard

swap= 0

512MB

reboot

Well jeez, that's easy... thanks!

Backing up the SD now and proceeding as directed.

Jason

Guest cortez

i partitioned my sdcard using Amon_RA 1.70, and cooked and installed a MoDaCo Alpha 19 ROM with A2SD. with A2SD:

1. is this a runtime script, meaning the apps are copied at boot time and reside there until i restart the phone?

2. where are the apps stored on the SD card, e.g., what folder?

3. what actions do i need to take to initiate A2SD.

thanks!

Guest jlevy73

partition ascard

swap= 0

512MB

reboot

I am not sure what you mean but all apps should be transferred to your sd card. Any apps on the SD when you partition it will be lost.

Anyway, I have baked Paul's Desire rom with the A2SD script on it, set up my Ext 2 partition and nothing gets stored on the SD, only to the phones internal memory. I even tried Ext 3 & 4 and no go with either. I have partioned both before and after flashing the rom and that hasn't helped. So just wondering if you have any other ideas

• 4 weeks later...
Guest desull

Any luck with this???

I'm expeirencing the exact same issue..i was running the standard r21, then paid for kitchen access, cooked it with app2sd..then formatted my sd card via recovery with ext2..flashed the rom zip (didn't wipe) and nothing really seemed to change....I also flashed the radio update too, if that makes any difference...this is frustrating..

are there some commands i need to run to initiate it or what?

Any help is greatly appreciated...