* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

gdwrnch29

gdwrnch29

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
iGO 8 GPS works just fine on my i910, no cell service plan on it for 4 months. Still looking for a reason to keep it though, anyone still working on this stripped down rom?

Passed u bmw

Passed u bmw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:i910
I first would like to thank you guys for this post. My contract is up and well I'm sick of Verizon. I'm going through my phone and looking at all the things that I know other users would use and not even think to mention. Stuff like FM Radio, TV out, Bluetooth (headphones) and the Camera. I think as long as you have the base software drivers so that every feature of the the phone - the phone its self can be utilized you'll have a solid ROM. After that I would assume most apps can be installed after the flash so long as the hardware is supported.

Thanks guy's and keep up the good work.

lastnikita

lastnikita

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S

iGO 8 GPS works just fine on my i910, no cell service plan on it for 4 months. Still looking for a reason to keep it though, anyone still working on this stripped down rom?

I guess your phone part is still ON.
GPS works also without a SIM at all, as long as the phone part of the phone is ON.

Why don't you guys just disable the phone part ?

I guess the general expectation here is more off a nice easy to use ROM out of the box, isn't it ?

pacman9889

pacman9889

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Devices:i910
anyone else still making some headway on this, I too have switched over to a new Incredible, and am looking for a way to re-purpose such a great device.

robertbranch

robertbranch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Is anyone still messing with this ROM? I flashed my i910 (with another ROM) while I was still using it and loved it. I recently got a DroidX and I want to turn this into a media centric device.

Can anyone point to a link to download this ROM? I couldn't locate it in this thread ... I may have overlooked it ..

Rob

peperonikiller

peperonikiller

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910, Moto Q9C
  • Twitter:@peperonikiller
I could probably take a stab at making my own phone-less rom. Although I use my Evo for everything multi-media.. If I cant sell my omnia I'll stilll probably mess around with it.

Join my Facebook group HERE
Posted Image

lioryte

lioryte

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910/ Droid Incredible
  • Twitter:@lioryte

I could probably take a stab at making my own phone-less rom. Although I use my Evo for everything multi-media.. If I cant sell my omnia I'll stilll probably mess around with it.

I'll defiantly do it since I can't sell my old POS its been through so much and it shows... I'll give it to my kids to play with!

ROM will be excluding phone, titanium, IE, bloatware.

ROM won't be stripped down though, (I think my base is stripped down enough, only 8MB with IE, phone keyboards, etc included) but will be multimedia oriented, taking into account the condition of most i910's I'll have extra big buttons :rolleyes: IMO Sammy's Touch player was very good. This will take some time since I'm being tutored on android.

Android Stuff

Posted Image

Lioryte ROM+Kernel (α)

WM Stuff (Retired)

Posted Image

More titanium weather icons HERE|||WQVGA only themes HERE||| CTheme Changer HERE|||

If you like my stuff you can Donate

MechAniX.One

MechAniX.One

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Man, i still want to give my Omnia to my kid. I guess everyone already got rid of theirs?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users