Transparent Notification Panel for A17?

Guest JonnyRockets

Guest deanesn

Don't try the frameworks from the first url. I tried it on A18 and it did not work. after the reboot i could not get passed the boot animation it kept reboot and rebooting. Of course i did not do nand backup so i had revert to an older and redo everything again. Yes, me to would love to get that kspec battery. So please any 1 with the knowledge help us. :)

If some1 can point me in the right direction on how to edit the frameworks.app so I inject the kspec battery I will edit the frameworks from A19. I have the SDK and all the tools but not sure how to go about this.

Update: ok, so i figured out i that framework.zip from the first url did not work my N1. I have signed bootloader and that framework is not signed so it threw mine into panic. Trying to figure how to sign .apk files but lunch is short so might have to do this later tonight.

Update: Ok, so I was able to inject kspec battery into the framework-res.apk ;) I guess it was simple. I used winrar so opened framework-res.apk and then i had opened the kspec battery files with the matching structure in this case "res/drawable-hdpi" so I copied the res folder in windows by ctrl+c and then when back to winrar where i had opened up framework-res.apk file (which i extracted from the A19 rom) and simply went to File>paste copied files and thats it. After that I followed the post from your link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...453#post5719453 to push the framework-res.apk file and I actually did not have to type "adb shell reboot" my N1 did automatically as soon as I excuted 'adb push framework-res.apk /data/system-framework/". Ok i got that working next step is to get Jonny a transparent bar. Jonny if you have the files for the bar just post em here so I can inject em.

Oh one more thing, DO NOT forget to back up your APN settings because this overwrites your APN settings. Of course if you live in the US. Lucky me I had good backup and restored it.

Well here is the framework-res.apk file with kspec battery which is just awesome. LOL

framework_res.rar

Edited by deanesn

Guest ootherocoo

I would like to add the transparent notification bar. But I have NO CLUE where to begin. Can someone point in the direction of a guide or something. Or what programs I need.

Guest BLOWNCO
Don't try the frameworks from the first url. I tried it on A18 and it did not work. after the reboot i could not get passed the boot animation it kept reboot and rebooting. Of course i did not do nand backup so i had revert to an older and redo everything again. Yes, me to would love to get that kspec battery. So please any 1 with the knowledge help us. :)

If some1 can point me in the right direction on how to edit the frameworks.app so I inject the kspec battery I will edit the frameworks from A19. I have the SDK and all the tools but not sure how to go about this.

Update: ok, so i figured out i that framework.zip from the first url did not work my N1. I have signed bootloader and that framework is not signed so it threw mine into panic. Trying to figure how to sign .apk files but lunch is short so might have to do this later tonight.

Update: Ok, so I was able to inject kspec battery into the framework-res.apk ;) I guess it was simple. I used winrar so opened framework-res.apk and then i had opened the kspec battery files with the matching structure in this case "res/drawable-hdpi" so I copied the res folder in windows by ctrl+c and then when back to winrar where i had opened up framework-res.apk file (which i extracted from the A19 rom) and simply went to File>paste copied files and thats it. After that I followed the post from your link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...453#post5719453 to push the framework-res.apk file and I actually did not have to type "adb shell reboot" my N1 did automatically as soon as I excuted 'adb push framework-res.apk /data/system-framework/". Ok i got that working next step is to get Jonny a transparent bar. Jonny if you have the files for the bar just post em here so I can inject em.

Oh one more thing, DO NOT forget to back up your APN settings because this overwrites your APN settings. Of course if you live in the US. Lucky me I had good backup and restored it.

Well here is the framework-res.apk file with kspec battery which is just awesome. LOL

i just pushed this on A19 and worked perfectly thanks now we just need the percent in there and id be set.

Guest deanesn
i just pushed this on A19 and worked perfectly thanks now we just need the percent in there and id be set.

I will look into the percent and the transparent status bar and transparent notification bar tomorrow as they would be a nice addition to the kspec battery. :) As far as i know the percentage is done through the services, but when i read in the million posts I read to get the kspec battery working, if done it would stop the trackball notifications working, but i kinda want it cuz im tired of these stupid widgets that take memory and drain the battery. I will post my findings here. ;)

Update: Here I found the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=27 to the battery percentage. It seems pretty straight forward. I have not tested yet as i dont have the sdk setup on my mac but i will test it at work tomorrow morning. :P

Edited by deanesn

Guest nexvision

Here is a framework-res for those who don't want to morph also using kspec battery.

trans.th.png

NANDROID FIRST AS I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE

adb remount

adb push to /filelocation /data/system-framework

adb shell reboot

Also working on a custom build with some added apps and a couple other minor tweaks using the a19 base.

(remove the .zip as couldn't upload .apk : ie. framework-res.apk.zip should read framework-res.apk)

framework_res.apk.zip

Guest deanesn
Here is a framework-res for those who don't want to morph also using kspec battery.

trans.th.png

adb remount

adb shell reboot

Also working on a custom build with some added apps and a couple other minor tweaks using the a19 base.

(remove the .zip as couldn't upload .apk : ie. framework-res.apk.zip should read framework-res.apk)

Awesome. Just pushed to my N1 and it is nice addition to the kspec battery icon. I did try the transparent bar but did not like it and your looks much better. Thanks. Now if we can only get the percent in the battery. I tried this one here here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=27 but screwed up my phone every time i tried. The phone froze up as soon as i pushed and even when i took out the battery it would not get passed the bootloader with padlock. In the post the guy says to push it to "adb push services.jar /system/framework" but i think that the desire has some files moved around and the 2nd time i tried after a wipe i tried pushing the services.jar file to /data/framework but still no luck. Not sure what is going on.

Guest deanesn

trans.th.png

adb remount

adb shell reboot

nex, i found a problem with your framework-res.apk file. like i said it install fine but for some reason after you install on alpha 18 or 19 or maybe just the version of Market but my phone crashes if search in the market. As soon as I press the search button. Not a biggie, just letting you know.

Guest nexvision
nex, i found a problem with your framework-res.apk file. like i said it install fine but for some reason after you install on alpha 18 or 19 or maybe just the version of Market but my phone crashes if search in the market. As soon as I press the search button. Not a biggie, just letting you know.

Hmmmmm havent seen that. When u press which button? the on screen or the touch panel?

Guest deanesn
Hmmmmm havent seen that. When u press which button? the on screen or the touch panel?

the screen or if you go through the menu. did not test the touch panel button. I extracted the images from yours and inserted em into the framework-res from alpha 18 which i rolled back to since alpha 19 is a bit buggie. so any idea on getting the percent for the battery. If i knew how to edit and compile code lol I would make the changes in the services.jar file. Hoping some1 can help us. :)

Guest JonnyRockets

trans.th.png

adb remount

adb shell reboot

Awesome. Maybe I can finally upgrade to A19 this weekend. Not having this notification tray was holding me back :)

Btw, this is for people "who don't want to Morph". have you released this as a Morph elsewhere? Just wondering.

Guest nexvision
the screen or if you go through the menu. did not test the touch panel button. I extracted the images from yours and inserted em into the framework-res from alpha 18 which i rolled back to since alpha 19 is a bit buggie. so any idea on getting the percent for the battery. If i knew how to edit and compile code lol I would make the changes in the services.jar file. Hoping some1 can help us. :)

Tweaked it some more as well to quote my other post.

Ok so I started playing today and have made some tweaks here and there. Yo the ROM got it running how I wanted so I started playing with themesand found about 4 or 5 I liked and combined parts.

about 60% - I took from manups theme for cyan rom

about 20% - pulled from other themes/morphs kspec and docrambone is 2I remember

then the other 20% was trial and error.

I can upload the framework-res if you want or I can upload the whole ROM since I have flashed it to 2 of my tech's phones.

hermit.pngnotification.pngsenselft.pngsensem.pngsensert.pngsensert2.pngkeyboard2.pngkeyboard.png

Edited by nexvision

Guest deanesn

yes, please. :) either way works for me i will be fine with the framework-res but other people might not. It is up to you. It is looking good. I am loving it. great job. ;)

Edit: just notice the market icon and i love it. pretty cool. :P

Edited by deanesn

Guest JonnyRockets
Tweaked it some more as well to quote my other post.

Where is your other post? I searched your post history but didn't find it.

Also, what is that cog in the status bar?

Guest nexvision
Where is your other post? I searched your post history but didn't find it.

Also, what is that cog in the status bar?

Cog is the usb debugging.

It was on xda..

Here is the framework-res in its current state may play more in a little my goal is th have every backdrop look frosted glass like the clock.

That is a bunch of files though not just framework.

framework_res.apk.zip

Guest nexvision
The transparent bottom buttons look awesome. Do you have a Morph for that?

Sorry I don't I may look into how to create morph's but for now I am working on setting up the ROM the way I like it since I am building it locally using the 19 base.

Here is another addition -dialer.th.pngdialer5pressed.th.png

Edited by nexvision