good bye omnia II

Guest arunachalam

Guest arunachalam

Dear friends now I am with nokia N900.some good things some difficulties found.first good thing is flash player 9.4 support.all streaming flash videos playing smoothly.but no custom rom,no tcpmp,no core player,no total commander.But I cant stay long time without windowsmobile.waiting for wm7.now saying good bye to all and omnia II, and rom cookers.soon I will come and join with you.but I always with modaco.Thank you.

Guest Ender Psp
Dear friends now I am with nokia N900.some good things some difficulties found.first good thing is flash player 9.4 support.all streaming flash videos playing smoothly.but no custom rom,no tcpmp,no core player,no total commander.But I cant stay long time without windowsmobile.waiting for wm7.now saying good bye to all and omnia II, and rom cookers.soon I will come and join with you.but I always with modaco.Thank you.

And why exactly do you think this would be of general interest?

Good luck with Symbian, you'll find out what most of us already did: while it offers some streamlined compatibility across mobiles it is quite limited, support-wise. Thanks, but no thanks.

As for Windows 7 you'll have to wait some more than you think. And of course we'll be here, we love our Omnias . Of course there will be something better, it's always happening: evolution.

Don't take my comment too hard, I'm just making my point too, like you :) Good luck

Guest wurzelsepp
and maemo 5 is better to symbian ?

Way better!

Just watch some videos one youtube to convince yourself if you don't believe it. :)

Guest Ender Psp
The N900 doesn't run Symbian -- lol.

It runs Maemo 5.

You're right, my bad, I haven't checked. However, it might look shiny first but after you read a bit you'll soon realize what it lacks :)

And lol - it's way worse than Symbian in terms of apps (at least now).

I see Nokia follows what Google did with Android quite closely ;)

Guest gt100
And lol - it's way worse than Symbian in terms of apps (at least now).

Maemo born & die very fast! ;) Nokia works with Intel on MeeGo. N900 upgrade to MeeGo is like WP7 for HD2 :) Maybe and maybe not

Guest SomeoneStoleMyYodafone

I've personally evaluated an N900, and it's no smoother than the Omnia II at scrolling. Nor is its resistive screen any more sensitive (I found it worse in fact). A phone on which music playback actually stuttered when browsing the Web.

Whereas my Omnia II can actually browse Adobe Flash-enabled websites using Opera Mobile 10, while playing music AND downloading YouTube videos in the background.

So, why did you upgrade again? :)

Guest Ender Psp
So, why did you upgrade again? ;)

I'm sure you meant "upgrade" with the quotes :P

Probably a matter of novelty/taste, some people like it posh, I guess :)

Guest unholygid2006

LOL... who cares if u are saying goodbye to omnia 2..... its just a phone...

Got money.. just buy any phones .... not happy just change & get a new phone. As simple as that.

Why this useless thread? rofl

Guest colonel_butt

Got money.. just buy any phones .... not happy just change & get a new phone. As simple as that.

kind of agree with you

I have had iphone and google nexus and many android phones

they all have good and bad points

however, none of them emulate a PC. and everyone who thinks they can do what they do on a PC will always be disappointed.

the i8000 does phone, camera, music and video pretty good. Browsing is also not bad.

I like Samsung because the phone and camera quality tend to be better then other smartphones

my 2 cents

Guest lv_88
I've personally evaluated an N900, and it's no smoother than the Omnia II at scrolling. Nor is its resistive screen any more sensitive (I found it worse in fact). A phone on which music playback actually stuttered when browsing the Web.

Whereas my Omnia II can actually browse Adobe Flash-enabled websites using Opera Mobile 10, while playing music AND downloading YouTube videos in the background.

So, why did you upgrade again? :)

Forgive me, but when I read some comparisons when it comes to lagg/smoothness/scrolling between O2 and some other phones its ridiculous how

some just defend the O2. Seriously? The O2 is not smooth overall in either usage or especially multitasking, I've tweaked the hell out of it, lite roms, reg edits or

whatnot but seriously, my old N95 8GB was much better in multitasking quickly and smoothly between over 5 apps open alone, but now it is an far too outdated of a phone. And now I'll probably also hear "But the N95 8Gb has totally different hardware, os, this and that", well, it worked decently.

You making the O2 sound like a better phone than N900 in terms of smoothly scrolling or multitasking (music and web in this instance) is just odd,

I have played around with one as well and the N900 pulls of those two things like O2 never will. Now I dont 100% hate the O2 since I'll deal with it

for another 6 months until jumping to android/wp7s, but really, it is a phone that

lacks so much when it comes to multitasking and smoothness in general there's just no way you can compare it to the N900.

Guest arunachalam

Thanks for all.I am also a fan of omnia.But I want a flashplayer(full) for browsing.maemo5 given full experience of flash.but display brightness and colour omnia II is very good.I am listening all people thro this forum.that is why I put the message.

Guest arunachalam

If you think useless why you post useless reply.This is some kind of sharing.may be somebody knows something about n900,and they will give some suggestions to me.In modaco there is no page for n900.

Guest redzone321
whatnot but seriously, my old N95 8GB was much better in multitasking quickly and smoothly between over 5 apps open alone, but now it is an far too outdated of a phone. And now I'll probably also hear "But the N95 8Gb has totally different hardware, os, this and that", well, it worked decently.

I dont have any issues multitasking with my omnia 2 now that ive switched to custom roms. ( other then opera 10 which in itself is a memory hog)

the n900 is a nice phone but the lack of supported 3G in my area makes the phone worthless.

Guest SomeoneStoleMyYodafone
Its ridiculous how some just defend the O2. Seriously? The O2 is not smooth overall in either usage or especially multitasking...

I never said it was. I said it was *no smoother* than the N900. Can you read?

You making the O2 sound like a better phone than N900 in terms of smoothly scrolling or multitasking (music and web in this instance)

Evidently you can't.

This was in my *personal evaluation*. And if you check around the Internet, you'll see that I'm not talking through my hat when I say there are others who find the N900 not as fast as "some" would make it out to be.

Whatever it is, I didn't question your experience with the N900 - so don't question mine.

And I would not even have bothered to respond had you not used this word:

ridiculous
Edited by SomeoneStoleMyYodafone

Guest colonel_butt

come on guys

the n900 is a bulky monster that is very awkward for a phone

i wouldn't compare it to the i8000

i would compare it to the Samsung B7610, HTC touch pro 2 or nokia N97. All of which are much better then the N900 IMHO

Guest arunachalam
what a tremendous loss to Omnia community.

I think we should have our hats off.

I wonder how come this thread was not deleted yet.

This is proved about your self that is not knowing about forum.forum is discuss share help.u r the tremendous benefit of omnian community.wellcome.