good bye omnia II

Guest arunachalam

Guest triplex76

LOL, it's enough to install skyfire on O2 to have COMPLETE flash compatibility!

you lost ton of apps, better quality camera (picture and video)

TVOUT

and much more ... for what?

ok ... I undestand that windows phone are not for everybody... but once you know the "how to" you will never look elsewhere!

Guest colonel_butt

if people stopped replying to this dumb thread it would go away!

ok, so now I am guilty :)

BTW Windows 6.x will continue and be renamed Windows Classic.

WinMo is actually supplied as a framework. It was never intended to compete with iphone level funcitonality. Most satnavs, for example, use WinMo as the base, although you never see it.

WinMo 7 will be a different OS designed for total user interface lock in and will continue in parallel to WinMo Classic. they will both probably share the same excellent NT kernel.

goodluck.... I threw my nokia 5800 for omnia2....I WILL NOT REGRET

Djeez... I returned my Omnia 2 because it sucjked big time. The only advantage o/t O2 is it's Amoled screen, faster cpu and little bit more storage space. But functionality wise it sucks.

There's no directional navigation at all, you can't record calls (the omnia 1 can even use M$ Notes to record calls), you can't use the LED light as a lamp without some 3rd partu efforts. Many software is broken (iGO navigation software comes to mind). Not to mention the fragile squishy screen which "looks" gorgeous until you actually use it.

In fact I returned my O2 for a second hand O1 because of all this broken functionality. The O2 sucks. Samsung should have sold the T*Omnia which is a real upgrade to the genuine Omnia. The O2 (GT-I8000) is just a Samsung JET with Windows Mobile.

Samsung have no vision... they just want to flood the market with substandard phones to obtain as much market penetration as quickly as possible. They bring out a phone, stop supporting it after 3 months and just bring out a completely different model as the successor to that model.

Guest Smille123
Djeez... I returned my Omnia 2 because it sucjked big time. The only advantage o/t O2 is it's Amoled screen, faster cpu and little bit more storage space. But functionality wise it sucks.

There's no directional navigation at all, you can't record calls (the omnia 1 can even use M$ Notes to record calls), you can't use the LED light as a lamp without some 3rd partu efforts. Many software is broken (iGO navigation software comes to mind). Not to mention the fragile squishy screen which "looks" gorgeous until you actually use it.

In fact I returned my O2 for a second hand O1 because of all this broken functionality. The O2 sucks. Samsung should have sold the T*Omnia which is a real upgrade to the genuine Omnia. The O2 (GT-I8000) is just a Samsung JET with Windows Mobile.

Samsung have no vision... they just want to flood the market with substandard phones to obtain as much market penetration as quickly as possible. They bring out a phone, stop supporting it after 3 months and just bring out a completely different model as the successor to that model.

You can record Calls with Omnia II in Call gui, it´s stored in same folder as audio-notes.

What´s the matter to install a 50 kb file to use the led as lamb???

There are so many open-source navigation-software to put on.

It was said 1000 of times in this forum: if you want a phone to use out of the box, get a nokia or that silly iphone. If you want a high customisable phone with professional usage, then buy a windows mobile phone.

Guest Vostradamus

lol.... ok you don't like samsung and I respect that, but yet.....

- Calls CAN be recorded... either "out of box" or, if you don't like the built-in option, with any (free) 3d party software (not really needed, but possible nonetheless)

- flash led as a torch... what's so hard, uninviting and horrible in using a few Kb free app to do that?

- iGo... using it since day one... NO issues at all... are you sure you didn't just get a faulty device? sounds soooo much like it...

I too upgraded from the Omnia to the Omnia II.... and it's a 99% upgrade... the ONLY detail I can agree with is the lack of that handy capacitive directional button Omnia I had... but other than that it IS a great phone, just need to know how to use it (like every other WM device out there of course.... )

Edited by Vostradamus

Guest AndrewTan

Bye! Bye! Arunachalam, all the best with Nokia N900. Personally I won't choose N900 because:

• Too bulky
  • I no need hardware QWERTY keyboard
  • Most apps in Landscape mode. If not mistaken only dialpad in Potrait mode. Sorry for this, handphone is means holding potrait for easy one hand function, landscape can't be one hand.
  • Maemo came and go, I believe no support or third party apps growing since Nokia already join with Intel out Meego. Maemo just an experiment product from Nokia.

• the SMS is too too slow.
    • Reserved RAM is too much and leave too little RAM to handle the device run perfectly.

Just wait to see what phone to replace it as I didn't find any phone to replace my OMNIA II at the moment, I already own Nexus One at the moment, which means I don't want my another phone base on Android as well. It kindly bored if both is Android.

Maybe hmmm I will get a shoot for Samsung Bada OS phone but definately not the wave, the screen of wave too small for me. Waiting on 2nd unit of Bada OS phone. :)

Or maybe ... Windows Phone 7, the games for WP7 is damn cool, I believe is the coolest at the moment for phone. But I just hate the main screen, it looks too ugly for me, inside is ok but not the main screen and Microsoft not allow manufacture for customize, this is suck! I hope Microsoft change their mind.

Edited by AndrewTan

Guest tommy1971

I have been using PPC/WindowsMobile since XDA2 and I have been using Samsung since i718 (i liked it a lot), then i900 then i8000. I was waiting for i9000/WP7S but sadly I decided change to Android in the near future, I still like Samsung's phone and I hope the new Samsung Android phone will be my next target, WP7S sucks!

Guest triplex76

LOL... no need to answer.... you are the classic customer for an Iphone toy.... clearly a win phone is not for you!! trust me!

Edited by triplex76

Guest Ender Psp

You realize this guy is angry because he didn't think before posting. He just expressed his frustration how it came out.

As someone there best said, he looks like the perfect candidate for iStone. You can deny it but that's you.

Now, onto the wtf part.

When you bought the phone you didn't realize it had no directional pad? The only advantage is... and then you enumerate several things.

Many software is broken. I bet that 1: you definitely paid for those apps and 2: you want things to run out of the box. I imagine your girlfriend fall yon your lap, you didn't need to work at all on your relationship otherwise you'd realize how much you're shoveling.

FYI, Jet has the same hardware as O2 so, at least you're right somewhere.

Samsung has no vision. Well, you replaced Omnia 2 with Omnia 1, which makes you a bit of a hypocrite, since that's another Samsung phone. As for the 3 months, please try to find out Omnia2's replacement in 3 months. Or anywhere, if you do I'll buy you one.

Please, just please go away.

Guest arunachalam
Bye! Bye! Arunachalam, all the best with Nokia N900. Personally I won't choose N900 because:
  • Too bulky
  • I no need hardware QWERTY keyboard
  • Most apps in Landscape mode. If not mistaken only dialpad in Potrait mode. Sorry for this, handphone is means holding potrait for easy one hand function, landscape can't be one hand.
  • Maemo came and go, I believe no support or third party apps growing since Nokia already join with Intel out Meego. Maemo just an experiment product from Nokia.

• the SMS is too too slow.
    • Reserved RAM is too much and leave too little RAM to handle the device run perfectly.

Just wait to see what phone to replace it as I didn't find any phone to replace my OMNIA II at the moment, I already own Nexus One at the moment, which means I don't want my another phone base on Android as well. It kindly bored if both is Android.

Maybe hmmm I will get a shoot for Samsung Bada OS phone but definately not the wave, the screen of wave too small for me. Waiting on 2nd unit of Bada OS phone. :P

Or maybe ... Windows Phone 7, the games for WP7 is damn cool, I believe is the coolest at the moment for phone. But I just hate the main screen, it looks too ugly for me, inside is ok but not the main screen and Microsoft not allow manufacture for customize, this is suck! I hope Microsoft change their mind.

I am also agree your points.n900 too bulcky.only supporting issue is flashplayer 9.4 support.no other plus points.display also not good.soon I WILL RETURN TO WINMO

Guest artakus

for the poor fellow:

nokia are for non visionaries aka u have no vision...

all u want is to sms, make a call or sent mms then go N*kia.

just got my Omnia2 for 3 weeks

the gps works fine.. no gprs/3g data plan to work

the custom settings for camera beats any good iphone camera apps

btw have u hear of warranty?

which mean u can change your unit for a new.. in a sealed box new one? :P

maybe u just bought it in a crap store with a stupid warranty (i heard some doesnt even cover if the screen broken)

all n all gudluck mate...

we'll NEVER miss u..

hehehe :(

Guest DunKnow

Hmm, what we should do is that we should get a phone which we like, not compare it against another phone, every new smartphones will of course be better, why bother comparing. How about this, you buy all four operating system phones, Android, Windows Phone 7, Meego, Iphone OS. Then when each most expensive phone for each operating system comes out, you get it. I believe you would be a very HAPPY person. Currently, you should get Iphone 3GS, HD2, N900 and HTC Desire.

Edited by DunKnow