Photo

27/May r2 - Desire Camera application on Nexus One (MCR/CM/Enomther)

* * * * * 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

DistortedLoop

DistortedLoop

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Devices:GalaxyNexus, HTC One X, SGS2
  • Twitter:@distortedloop

Added update zip for camera on CM 5.0.6!

P

Any changes here other than making it compatible when flashing from recovery? (I saw your tweet yesterday about some improvements for the cam.)

I think a lot of us have already running Desire cam on 5.0.6 by just reflashing the kernel (or our overclock/undevolt kernel of choice) after installing the cam. :huh:

dunbor

dunbor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Sorry for repeating the question again Paul but is it possible to change the names of the picture files to "date time" as in the stock camera app? The pics end up all the way back in the gallery instead of up front. Also I think it is a good naming convention so you easily can sort and find pics you have taken.

(no one else find this to be annoying / a problem??)

Breece

Breece

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One

Sorry for repeating the question again Paul but is it possible to change the names of the picture files to "date time" as in the stock camera app? The pics end up all the way back in the gallery instead of up front. Also I think it is a good naming convention so you easily can sort and find pics you have taken.

(no one else find this to be annoying / a problem??)

+1 :huh:
That would be awesome...

KroFF

KroFF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hello,

does anyone else have the problem with the desire camera capturing with a lot less fps than stock?

with the stock camera my videos at 720x480 are all 25fps, with the desire camera 800x480@14fps and 640x480@18fps

are there any tips and tricks to rise the fps?

thnx
kroff

dexack

dexack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi Paul, great work, one problem I'm having is with the Desire camera app, when r2 is flashed my wifi doesn't work, tried with CM and MCR and I have to use r2 because the one baked in the kitchen FC's. Any idea?

katiepea

katiepea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One (cm 5.0.6)
  • Twitter:@kaydpea
hello, first post here, i actually just got my nexus one a few days ago, blackberry convert. besides the general awe of how rad android is, it's great to see communities and people like this, this is why i came over. anyway, did a nandroid backup, flashed over cm 5.0.6, seems to be working perfectly, wifi works, i can't get anything to error, the only thing that i think is maybe weird is that gallery doesn't seem to zoom properly, could just be me, and the naming/organization is a little sucky, but again, thats no big deal, and clearly already reported, just wanted to say thanks and works great! :huh:

unknownweirdo

unknownweirdo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:@vichzp
Fantastic work on the app! i love the camera. however, i'm not quite prepared to give up all the quick snap options in other apps (like seesmic and 3banana). any chance you'll package it as a seperate installable app? is this even possible? I know it could never end up on the marketplace, but i'd buy something like that in a heartbeat. none of the cam apps in the marketplace come even remotely close.

Edited by unknownweirdo, 02 May 2010 - 08:07 AM.

fakeyfakerson

fakeyfakerson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hey, lately this app has been force closing on me, i can't even get it to open. after i reflash it from zip i need to reflash the kernel otherwise i get no wifi. then everything seems to last ok for a day or two before the camera becomes inoperable again. i didn't have this problem with the 5.0.5 version.

focus1

focus1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:@focus111
Would love the Desire camera on my Froyo, really fond of it & still prefer it to the stock camera on Froyo. Wish I would take the time to start learning all this myself. Until then, Paul please port it, thanks for your time! :rolleyes:

dannydai

dannydai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Desire Camera program has touch-focus.

Please Paul make one for froyo.

Thanks in advance!

DistortedLoop

DistortedLoop

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
I'd like to see an update that works with Cyanogen 5.0.7 that doesn't break WiFi or require flashing another kernel package again.

Does anyone have the combo of CM_5.0.7.x working with Desire camera without any additonal kernel flashing?

Hadn't been an issue for me in the past as I'd been using pershoot's kernels on top of Cyanogen, but now that Cyanogen has incorporated most of pershoot's kernel mods, and pershoot is focusing on kernel 2.6.34 (which breaks video recording), I'm kind of left hanging with choosing either an older kernel or no Desire cam.

Current option for me that seems to be only thing that works is flash Cyanogen 5.0.7.1, then apply r2-Desire, then flash an older pershoot kernel. I suppose I could fastboot the boot.img from 5.0.7.1 after those other steps to end up back with, though that takes a non-Recovery step, which means can't play with this stuff on the fly any longer.

necrogt4

necrogt4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Paul, is it possible to get the source for the CM 5.0.6 Desire Camera App port to tweak around with?

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,450 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@@paulobrien
There is no source...

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

necrogt4

necrogt4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Damn...

So is it more of a case of fiddling with the APK's contents to satisfy dependencies and just forcing it to work for ROMs other than the one it was intended for then?

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,450 posts
Added MCR r15 and CM 5.0.7.1 zips. :rolleyes:

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Posted Image

AndyCr15

AndyCr15

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus
  • Twitter:@AndyCr15
Will MCR r15 work on the new r16?

Me on Google+ | LAN Gaming in North London
Hemorrdroids.net - Android News, Guide's and App reviews. - @hemorrdroids

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,450 posts
r16 has it in the kitchen.

P

Posted Image

DistortedLoop

DistortedLoop

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Added MCR r15 and CM 5.0.7.1 zips. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Rino808

Rino808

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:treo750
Will be able to just flash the cam right over CM5.7.1 without using another kernel??? thanks in advanced...

Hasibul

Hasibul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One, T-mobile G1
  • Twitter:@hasibulc

r16 has it in the kitchen.

P

Actually I don't see it in the kitchen. In fact, the images in the kitchen don't even show up for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users