Photo

27/May r2 - Desire Camera application on Nexus One (MCR/CM/Enomther)

* * * * * 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

PTzero

PTzero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Added MCR r15 and CM 5.0.7.1 zips. :rolleyes:

P

Hi Paul,

Is there any way to get this to work with Froyo?

Thanks!

-Pete

DistortedLoop

DistortedLoop

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Devices:GalaxyNexus, HTC One X, SGS2
  • Twitter:@distortedloop

Will be able to just flash the cam right over CM5.7.1 without using another kernel??? thanks in advanced...

I haven't tried it yet, but a guy over on XDA in the CM thread says that that is the case. I won't try it until the next time I need to flash the ROM, I've got everything working fine with the last cam and pershoot's kernel.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,368 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien

Hi Paul,

Is there any way to get this to work with Froyo?

Thanks!

-Pete

Not yet... but soon. :(

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

Mux_Mux

Mux_Mux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid, Nexus One
i confirm that works over CM v5.0.7.1 :(
just install via recovery...

Thanks Paul!!!

PTzero

PTzero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

P

Thanks, Paul. I appreciate your work on this. :(

itmanvn

itmanvn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:MPx200

P

thank you Paul :(

Ruttus

Ruttus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One
which one of these would work on frayo 2.2

ok saw ur reply to someone else.

Edited by Ruttus, 01 June 2010 - 11:25 AM.

phillirm

phillirm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have flashed this using the latest stable cyanogen rom (5.0.7.1) and have noticed the following:

Set ISO to 100 and flash on.

Take picture in dark place

Flash fires but seems to be at the wrong time, as it doesn't affect the picture.

Reset the camera settings to default and try again

Flash fires and exposes picture properly.

Any ideas anyone?

I'd quite like to be able to set the ISO low and then correct for exposure in post-processing as opposed to having to get rid of the noise banding that appears on high iso with a camera phone.

No biggy if this can't be fixed, still prefer this to the stock N1 camera.

Rino808

Rino808

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:treo750
got a quick question, what is metering mode and for quality is fine better then high??? thanks in advanced...

Rino808

Rino808

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I had a weird thing that happened to me today...i was taking pictures and when i took a look at the photos in the gallery...the photos i took wasnt there..but instead there were photos that i recently took and deleted...anyone had this happen to them...is this a bug??? i really dont want to delete photos and then take a photo and send what i took to someone and its something i dont want them to see...lol if you know what i mean...thanks in advanced...

waterc00l

waterc00l

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

I had a weird thing that happened to me today...i was taking pictures and when i took a look at the photos in the gallery...the photos i took wasnt there..but instead there were photos that i recently took and deleted...anyone had this happen to them...is this a bug??? i really dont want to delete photos and then take a photo and send what i took to someone and its something i dont want them to see...lol if you know what i mean...thanks in advanced...

download sdrescan from the market.. should solve this problem..

Rino808

Rino808

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks Water...BTW Paul, i know that you are busy with the dell streak...CM just came out with 5.8 and the desire video cam crashes and reboots the phone...if you have time could you take a look at it so that we can have the full functions of the desire cam again on CM's 5.8...thanks in advanced...

micromod777

micromod777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Thanks Water...BTW Paul, i know that you are busy with the dell streak...CM just came out with 5.8 and the desire video cam crashes and reboots the phone...if you have time could you take a look at it so that we can have the full functions of the desire cam again on CM's 5.8...thanks in advanced...

Yes, please update for CM8! :)

carlito88

carlito88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One MODACO ROM alpha 17

I have flashed this using the latest stable cyanogen rom (5.0.7.1) and have noticed the following:

Set ISO to 100 and flash on.

Take picture in dark place

Flash fires but seems to be at the wrong time, as it doesn't affect the picture.

Reset the camera settings to default and try again

Flash fires and exposes picture properly.

Any ideas anyone?

I'd quite like to be able to set the ISO low and then correct for exposure in post-processing as opposed to having to get rid of the noise banding that appears on high iso with a camera phone.

No biggy if this can't be fixed, still prefer this to the stock N1 camera.

(sorry for my bad english .. I use Google translator)

I have the same problem..

CM 5.0.7.1 & R2 for cm 5.0.7.1

- Flash is out of sync . the image is captured when the flash is going off
- Poor quality of image. With 5 mpx resolution and Quality: High if i go in gallery and try to zoom an image , it is grainy (I don't think the translation is correct but in Italy we say "grainy" when you see the pixels and the image quality is poor)

this happens to you?

Thanks, Carlo.

scdavis0

scdavis0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:@none
How do we revert back to stock camera?

carlito88

carlito88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One MODACO ROM alpha 17

How do we revert back to stock camera?

if the only .zip you have istalled after the Rom is the Camera Application , you can reinstall the Rom..

mudrock1000

mudrock1000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One (Desire Rom)
So...maybe this is just me but SDrescan doesn't seem to fix the fact that 100 media is sorted by reverse date taken. Like the first picture I took on the desire Rom is in that folder. Well I recently went back to cyanogenmod due to the fact no one can gimme a reason to my APN problem.

On the desire ROM, it sorted them just fine even though there were two separate folders for the pictures and merged them correctly and the sorting showed the last picture I took at the start and the last one at the end. I'd really like to fix that because when showing people my pictures it's pretty irritating XP

And since I haven't been on stock in a while, where are the pictures taken with the STOCK app located? I can only find the ones in DCIM ;)

mnnmnn

mnnmnn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Paul, please, update Desire Camera for CM 5.0.8. CM 5.0.8 requred new radio for working, and if I try use old Camera (for 5.0.7.1 ) it kills WiFi for my Nexus. ;)
Thank you.

bedwa

bedwa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Devices:Neptune Pine
  • Twitter:@Bedwa
I would say at this pt, the new radio issue probably affects both cm roms and froyo. I'm sure Paul knows that beer than I but I at least wanted to put that out there for others who may not have thought of it.

Zen Kun Kun

Zen Kun Kun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Paul, please, update Desire Camera for CM 5.0.8. CM 5.0.8 requred new radio for working, and if I try use old Camera (for 5.0.7.1 ) it kills WiFi for my Nexus. ;)
Thank you.

+1 i want see this on cm 5.0.8 perhaps seems its going out cm 6.0.1 with froyo not sure how its froyo cam :C

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users