• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Arthur Hucksake

Arthur Hucksake

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
Got my handset from T-Mobile at 7:40am this morning.

Absolutely no branding anywhere to be seen. Not on the box, phone or anything. The downer is that it only comes with a 4GB memory card that's pre-installed but I can deal with that.

The phone itself is absolutely beautiful in the flesh, the videos don't do it justice.

My biggest worry was that I would scratch the back putting it down, but HTC have thought of that and the back cover has this rubberised finish that feels solid and sturdy.

I've put it on charge and going to wait until about 12ish, and sort out an unlock code before switching on.

Going to be a long wait.

Drefsab

Drefsab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
Arse :) still waiting in on mine to be delivered, now you have to try the nexus g1 root method to see if you can open that baby up ;)

jazzk

jazzk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I got mine this morning, too.

The only T-Mobile branding I can see is the splash screen upon booting the phone. Apart from that, there's no branding on the physical handset, the UI/ROM doesn't seem to be T-Mobile modded in anyway.

Now I'm just in the process of getting it unlocked via htccode.com so I can actually use it :)

Drefsab

Drefsab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
just out of interest what is there to be unlock, this will be my first HTC phone so apart from the phone being locked as far as 3rd party apps. Im guess its just locked to the network (but I thought that most contract ones would be unlocked anyway). Just called tmobile my phone will be delivered on tuesday grrrr.

Edited by Drefsab, 27 March 2010 - 02:00 PM.

jazzk

jazzk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

just out of interest what is there to be unlock, this will be my first HTC phone so apart from the phone being locked as far as 3rd party apps. Im guess its just locked to the network (but I thought that most contract ones would be unlocked anyway). Just called tmobile my phone will be delivered on tuesday grrrr.

I need to use an O2 sim card in it, so I need to remove the T-mobile simlock.

DonVincenzo

DonVincenzo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus, Asus Transformer
Two things I've noticed so far with my TMobile Desire:
  • No voice search, and the apk from Paul's Desire-to-N1 Rom doesn't install
  • No way of getting out of Sense. On the hero you could clear the defaults for HTC Sense, and the next time you hit the home button it would ask you which home to use...on the Desire it just restarts Sense...
Anyone have any thoughts?

bluebirds

bluebirds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Two things I've noticed so far with my TMobile Desire:

• No voice search, and the apk from Paul's Desire-to-N1 Rom doesn't install
  • No way of getting out of Sense. On the hero you could clear the defaults for HTC Sense, and the next time you hit the home button it would ask you which home to use...on the Desire it just restarts Sense...

Try this:

Need_A_Username

Need_A_Username

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S

Try this:

Looks like he already tried it :

No way of getting out of Sense. On the hero you could clear the defaults for HTC Sense, and the next time you hit the home button it would ask you which home to use...on the Desire it just restarts Sense...

akirita

akirita

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i900
Good, you might explain that this is the sound through the speaker? is strong or is like the nexus of the one they say is too loose.
Thanks

bigbuffalo2009

bigbuffalo2009

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus

I got mine this morning, too.

The only T-Mobile branding I can see is the splash screen upon booting the phone. Apart from that, there's no branding on the physical handset, the UI/ROM doesn't seem to be T-Mobile modded in anyway.

Now I'm just in the process of getting it unlocked via htccode.com so I can actually use it :P

Jazzk - any luck with unlocking the desire? Looking to get one, but want to make sure it's unlockable first. Thanks.

Arthur Hucksake

Arthur Hucksake

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Jazzk - any luck with unlocking the desire? Looking to get one, but want to make sure it's unlockable first. Thanks.

I got mine unlocked from htccode, they got the codes now. Saves waiting a month for T Mobile to do it.

Good service too, kept intouch via email and fast response.

bigbuffalo2009

bigbuffalo2009

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus

I got mine unlocked from htccode, they got the codes now. Saves waiting a month for T Mobile to do it.

Good service too, kept intouch via email and fast response.

Great to hear....thanks for the quick reply.

Drefsab

Drefsab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
I just called TMobile im not getting mine today it seams now, they were shipping it but aprently recalled the stock and didnt think to let people know. They said they now need to wait on new stock but cant tell me when that will be, it could be weeks/months who knows.

Arthur Hucksake

Arthur Hucksake

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

I just called TMobile im not getting mine today it seams now, they were shipping it but aprently recalled the stock and didnt think to let people know. They said they now need to wait on new stock but cant tell me when that will be, it could be weeks/months who knows.

Why was it recalled? Thats what I want to know, I got the blimming thing last Saturday, of the first batch.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,226 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Sweet! :P

What is the software version of the T-Mo device?

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

Arthur Hucksake

Arthur Hucksake

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Sweet! :P

What is the software version of the T-Mo device?

P

Firmware version 2.1-update1

Baseband Version
32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11

Kernel Version
2.6.29-3cb3dfbf
htc-kernel@12-2 #1

Build number
1.15.110.10 CL153468 release-keys

Software number

Newer or older than the leaked build?

codeXcalibur

codeXcalibur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
A little bit older.

Leaked build:

Build/Software Number: 1.15.405.3

Baseband Version: 32.30.00.28U _4.05.00.11

See http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=649166

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,226 posts
Hopefully someone can dump the 1.15.110.10 build...

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Posted Image

Drefsab

Drefsab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Why was it recalled? Thats what I want to know, I got the blimming thing last Saturday, of the first batch.

The guy I was talking to said a certain batch had dead pixels so they reacalled that batch, obviously this is a support guy taking calls so he may not know the whole story, be blagging it or actually know the score. Ether way im well annoyed because I fine with them delaying sending me the phone if its to stop me getting a naff one but they could have let me know.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,226 posts
That's rubbish.

:P

P

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users