USB 1.0

Guest chriswells13

Guest chriswells13

I'm planning on flashing my Verizon O2. I have an older laptop with Windows XP with SP3 that only has USB 1.0. I recall when I flashed my original Omnia that they recommended not using USB 1.0 because you may brick your phone. Is that still the case? If so I need to find another computer. Think I will try Ninja4Hire's latest. Thanks in advance for any help.

Guest amdzero
I'm planning on flashing my Verizon O2. I have an older laptop with Windows XP with SP3 that only has USB 1.0. I recall when I flashed my original Omnia that they recommended not using USB 1.0 because you may brick your phone. Is that still the case? If so I need to find another computer. Think I will try Ninja4Hire's latest. Thanks in advance for any help.

I don't know about the compatibility, but at USB speed, I can only imagine how long that would take. You should use USB 2 as it is about 40 times faster than USB 1.1

Guest chriswells13
I don't know about the compatibility, but at USB speed, I can only imagine how long that would take. You should use USB 2 as it is about 40 times faster than USB 1.1

Thanks for your help. I'll waste some work time in the office on Monday and use a computer with 2.0.

Guest kdkinc
Thanks for your help. I'll waste some work time in the office on Monday and use a computer with 2.0.

Don't!!!

go to i910 thread and read 2bunny post bad very bad....

:P :(

Guest chriswells13
Don't!!!

go to i910 thread and read 2bunny post bad very bad....

:P :(

I couldn't find 2bunny (assuming that's a users name) post on the i910 forum. Anyway, when you say "bad very bad," you're responding to my first post about using USB 1.0/1.1 versus USB 2.0, correct? Thanks.

Guest kdkinc
I couldn't find 2bunny (assuming that's a users name) post on the i910 forum. Anyway, when you say "bad very bad," you're responding to my first post about using USB 1.0/1.1 versus USB 2.0, correct? Thanks.

Its a VERY long winded post, :P :( post one should be enough..

http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specifi...ated-3-14-2010/

USB 1.0 is bad to flash with...

:( B)