179 replies to this topic

NilsE

NilsE

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia I910

Quick question though, the W7 theme uses it's own wallpaper. Where would this wallpaper be stored on the phone? I'd love to use it w/in TouchFlo but can't find it for the life of me.

i've been trying to figure that out as well. i'm guessing its contained within the .tsk file and i'm not sure how to access those. maybe reshacker can get into it. will see what i can do.

When a theme is selected it renames it's background to stwater_240_400.jpg and stwater_400_240.jpg

Typically their name when not in use is THEMENAME_stwater_240_400.jpg where THEMENAME obviously is the name of the theme like classicblue but that is not a guarantee. So if you want them find the files I noted while the theme is active and then you can copy them in over any theme.

A themes .tsk file does include their background. You can easily edit it with zip or 7zip since they are just archives structured very similar to a cab file.

Edited by NilsE, 30 March 2010 - 09:57 PM.

Couple of links:

My i910 Custom ROM's:
Here or Here
My Personal Page: Here

n0rman

n0rman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:omnia i910
hey ,

im new to all this but i just flashed your rom to my phone and it works great. i really like the layout the only thing i dont like is the keyboard. is there any way to change it?

thekevster

thekevster

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i910

When a theme is selected it renames it's background to stwater_240_400.jpg and stwater_400_240.jpg

Typically their name when not in use is THEMENAME_stwater_240_400.jpg where THEMENAME obviously is the name of the theme like classicblue but that is not a guarantee. So if you want them find the files I noted while the theme is active and then you can copy them in over any theme.

A themes .tsk file does include their background. You can easily edit it with zip or 7zip since they are just archives structured very similar to a cab file.

thanks nils! thats good to know. going to use this to help with extracting the bottom bar graphics from the theme.

hey ,

im new to all this but i just flashed your rom to my phone and it works great. i really like the layout the only thing i dont like is the keyboard. is there any way to change it?

i just included a skinned version of microsofts default keyboard since everybody has different preferences on keyboards. you can install a cab of your favorite keyboard then run imselector and select your keyboard then soft reset. i recommend fingerkeyboard 2.1. GUI is nice and its finger friendly. you can find fingerkeyboard 2.1 here

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones that are worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Posted Image

tractor101

tractor101

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910
Darn! You made the action screen better (M2D only) :P - now i'm going to have to flash again :( . Or is there a way to replace/move things around?

n0rman

n0rman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:omnia i910

thanks nils! thats good to know. going to use this to help with extracting the bottom bar graphics from the theme.
i just included a skinned version of microsofts default keyboard since everybody has different preferences on keyboards. you can install a cab of your favorite keyboard then run imselector and select your keyboard then soft reset. i recommend fingerkeyboard 2.1. GUI is nice and its finger friendly. you can find fingerkeyboard 2.1 here

cool thank you very much.

thekevster

thekevster

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Darn! You made the action screen better (M2D only) :P - now i'm going to have to flash again :( . Or is there a way to replace/move things around?

ock made the graphic changes on this one. i just edited what he edited somewhat.

cooking a new version of m2d and flotanium right now. main difference is bottom bar. i'm posting my titanium version now and you can see the difference in the taskbar in that version.

cool thank you very much.

np :(

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones that are worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Posted Image

thekevster

thekevster

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
added titanium to 1st post. going to update flotanium and m2d with the same bottom bar and the black theme.

Posted Image

lioryte

lioryte

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910/ Droid Incredible
  • Twitter:@lioryte
Lookin' good!

Android Stuff

Posted Image

Lioryte ROM+Kernel (α)

WM Stuff (Retired)

Posted Image

More titanium weather icons HERE|||WQVGA only themes HERE||| CTheme Changer HERE|||

If you like my stuff you can Donate

thekevster

thekevster

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Lookin' good!

thanks lioryte! means alot to me coming from a veteran chef such as yourself.

Posted Image

thekevster

thekevster

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
updated flotanium and m2d builds. see respective change logs for more info.

Posted Image

thekevster

thekevster

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

It looks great!, esp. with the W7 theme. :P As far as the radio goes, I could have swore I heard it turn off then back on again but that was early this morning. I'll see if it does it later on today but I think its solved.

Quick question though, the W7 theme uses it's own wallpaper. Where would this wallpaper be stored on the phone? I'd love to use it w/in TouchFlo but can't find it for the life of me.

Thanks,

Ricky :(

here you go rick, attached to this post. just copy to windows folder of device memory, then soft reset.

Attached Files

Edited by thekevster, 31 March 2010 - 05:38 PM.

Posted Image

brnlahaze

brnlahaze

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:i910
Thanks for the ROM!

Wondering though, is there a soft reset app around on this ROM? That is handy to have when an app is being weird.

thekevster

thekevster

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Thanks for the ROM!

Wondering though, is there a soft reset app around on this ROM? That is handy to have when an app is being weird.

np.
if you are using m2d or flotanium, the right soft key is set for soft reset. is you want a shortcut in start menu, go to windows folder and find reset.exe and copy then paste shortcut in start menu folder wherever you want (if you want it in utilities place it in utilities folder, etc.). going to put in a button in start menu kind of like waremike has in his NuRom series in the next build hopefully.

Posted Image

thekevster

thekevster

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

when i tried to change .tsk to .rar and open it, it looked just a like a cab does when you try to directly open it with winrar. so i just changed to .cab and converted to an EXT. thanks again nilse!

Posted Image

Bubba911

Bubba911

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:i910
Been using this for a day so far, and I'm liking it a lot so far :P (M2D Only)

Keep up the good work.

thekevster

thekevster

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
added a cab to 4th post to change clock to white flip clock. going to use that post for themes/tweaks/fixes from now on.

Been using this for a day so far, and I'm liking it a lot so far :P (M2D Only)

Keep up the good work.

thanks bubba! I'm glad you like it. Let me know if you have any problems and I'll do my best to address them in the next build.

Posted Image

rickhamilton620

rickhamilton620

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

here you go rick, attached to this post. just copy to windows folder of device memory, then soft reset.

Sweet! Thanks so much :P

thekevster

thekevster

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Sweet! Thanks so much :P

np! be sure to expand the image before saving after clicking the screenshot otherwise it will save it as 221 x 368 instead of 240 x 400. at least thats what i have to do using internet explorer 8. not sure about other browsers though.

Edited by thekevster, 01 April 2010 - 03:15 AM.

Posted Image

ChillyCat

ChillyCat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:VZW i920
thekevster

Your "rom" looks absolutly fantastic. I noticed you commented
about the number of downloads -vs- comments.

Unfortunatly, my belief is that folks who flash phones are typically
tinker'ers and also more likely to jump on new tech.

With all the new phones, and even new OS's since the i910 was
released, prolly has allot to do with interest decline.

I've upped to the new Omnia2 as others have. Guess it's just the nature
of how we toss out tech toys [via ebay of course] at a quick pace.

Hang in there. Always gonna be folks that are gonna hang on to the
i910 for quite awhile. IT IS a great phone.

spannville

spannville

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia
I for one have tried many roms, I'm a big BW and Storm fan. Kevster your rom is right up there with them if not better than, IMO! This new build is fast and responsive and pretty to look at! Keep up the good work brotha!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users