• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

atfalcon

atfalcon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:samsung omnia
I flashed the M2D V3.0 23541 ROM in post #2 and I love it it. It looks really great. My only question is on the internet page (the one with the globe) when I tap it nothing happens. I'm able to go into the programs and get internet with IE or Opera so it's not a big deal I was just wondering if there was something I was missing to get the internet page to work. I have a Samsung Omnia i910 with verizon and the new COF3 loaded. Thanks in advance. Keep up the great work.

gorf1000

gorf1000

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i910

I flashed the M2D V3.0 23541 ROM in post #2 and I love it it. It looks really great. My only question is on the internet page (the one with the globe) when I tap it nothing happens. I'm able to go into the programs and get internet with IE or Opera so it's not a big deal I was just wondering if there was something I was missing to get the internet page to work. I have a Samsung Omnia i910 with verizon and the new COF3 loaded. Thanks in advance. Keep up the great work.

You need to go into M2DC and click on the Internet tab, then select the Opera exe out of the Program Files folder for the executable. After you hit Apply it will reload M2D and you'll be good to go.

On another note, does anyone know how to get the taskbar mods to work correctly for a Verizon i910? It appears that Kev loaded the Dusk Taskbar mod into this ROM but the only icon on the taskbar that changes is the Bluetooth icon, the signal/volume/battery/EV icon are all base icons.

thekevster

thekevster

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

thekevster

Your "rom" looks absolutly fantastic. I noticed you commented
about the number of downloads -vs- comments.

Unfortunatly, my belief is that folks who flash phones are typically
tinker'ers and also more likely to jump on new tech.

With all the new phones, and even new OS's since the i910 was
released, prolly has allot to do with interest decline.

I've upped to the new Omnia2 as others have. Guess it's just the nature
of how we toss out tech toys [via ebay of course] at a quick pace.

Hang in there. Always gonna be folks that are gonna hang on to the
i910 for quite awhile. IT IS a great phone.

thanks for the input chilly! i agree, there will always be a few that hold onto it for awhile. i myself will probably be one of them as i'm not due for a new 2 year upgrade till may 2011.

I for one have tried many roms, I'm a big BW and Storm fan. Kevster your rom is right up there with them if not better than, IMO! This new build is fast and responsive and pretty to look at! Keep up the good work brotha!

thanks spannville! that means alot to me having my ROMs compared with i910's legendary chefs'!

as gorf said, set it using m2dc. for others who try to do this that are using flotanium, m2dc changes the today soft key on touchflo so nothing happens when you click it, so after using m2dc, change the softkey back to hide or close touchflo in touchflo detacher (located in the flotanium folder of start menu)

On another note, does anyone know how to get the taskbar mods to work correctly for a Verizon i910? It appears that Kev loaded the Dusk Taskbar mod into this ROM but the only icon on the taskbar that changes is the Bluetooth icon, the signal/volume/battery/EV icon are all base icons.

i just edited the bottom bar, taskbar was left the same. i used a combination of tacchan23's gloss black underlay with the gt condor theme's soft buttons. i'm not a big fan of any of the taskbars other than the android taskbar so i left it at its default to allow users to customize it how they wish.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones that are worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Posted Image

atfalcon

atfalcon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I flashed the M2D v3.0 23541 ROM and everything is working great. I installed the swype cab, but when I switch my input to swype and close the screen the input switches back to keyboard. Is there a way to fix it or is the cab no good. Thanks. Love the ROM by the way.

atfalcon

atfalcon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I read a post a couple of days ago that I think described the problem I'm having, and I think the solution had something to do with a setting in M2DC but I can't remebre what it was. Any help would be great.

thekevster

thekevster

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

I flashed the M2D v3.0 23541 ROM and everything is working great. I installed the swype cab, but when I switch my input to swype and close the screen the input switches back to keyboard. Is there a way to fix it or is the cab no good. Thanks. Love the ROM by the way.

run imselector from the start menu, select swype and soft reset then you should be good to go.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones that are worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Posted Image

bluerhino

bluerhino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:samsung i910
Kevster...I think I've flashed one or more roms from all of the Chef's at one point. So far this one (Flotanium) takes the prize (Vet's don't get me wrong, I love all your roms still!) After three days testing, it is solid. Thanks again!

atfalcon

atfalcon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

run imselector from the start menu, select swype and soft reset then you should be good to go.

That worked, but maybe you can help me out with something. Now that swype is selected when I go to send a text the swype keyboard comes up but I can only see half of the keyboard and I can't find any settings to reduce the size of the keyboard. I really hate to keep bothering people over what seems to be easy fixes, but you know us noobs. I know I've said this before, but great job on this ROM I love it.

thekevster

thekevster

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

That worked, but maybe you can help me out with something. Now that swype is selected when I go to send a text the swype keyboard comes up but I can only see half of the keyboard and I can't find any settings to reduce the size of the keyboard. I really hate to keep bothering people over what seems to be easy fixes, but you know us noobs. I know I've said this before, but great job on this ROM I love it.

the version you have is probably a wvga/vga version. you need to get a wqvga version.

Posted Image

thekevster

thekevster

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Kevster...I think I've flashed one or more roms from all of the Chef's at one point. So far this one (Flotanium) takes the prize (Vet's don't get me wrong, I love all your roms still!) After three days testing, it is solid. Thanks again!

thanks rhino!

Posted Image

gorf1000

gorf1000

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
Kevster, I've been a holdout on Storm's ROMs until recently when I started using WhiteBlazer's (from OmniaRom). Storms have always been solid and while Blazer's had some minor issue's they were always visually stunning. Since Storm's been on a little hiatus from us recently I gave yours a shot and I've been extremely pleased! You've really put together a nice looking ROM and I've found it to be extremely stable. You also have a good selection of apps built in, my only suggestion in the future is to cook in the black camera that Storm and some of the other chef's use (I think it's much more visually appealing on our phones) and maybe include TorchButton.

Great job overall! I'm going to hang in with ya here for a while.

doubleroll

doubleroll

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:i910
Been using Waremike's Nurom 23518 for a while now but I like what you have done here. What are the main differences? Thx!

lordv8r

lordv8r

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Devices:i910
Been running the M2D rom for the last week or so and I must say that I really like your work. Thanks.

kevkavalier

kevkavalier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II i920
I've been searching for Manila Weather Settings Editor. Does anybody have a cab for it? It's cooked into Rob Storm's rom of flotanium but this rom isn't effing up either!

thekevster

thekevster

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
thanks to everyone for all the positive feedback on the ROMs!

Kevster, I've been a holdout on Storm's ROMs until recently when I started using WhiteBlazer's (from OmniaRom). Storms have always been solid and while Blazer's had some minor issue's they were always visually stunning. Since Storm's been on a little hiatus from us recently I gave yours a shot and I've been extremely pleased! You've really put together a nice looking ROM and I've found it to be extremely stable. You also have a good selection of apps built in, my only suggestion in the future is to cook in the black camera that Storm and some of the other chef's use (I think it's much more visually appealing on our phones) and maybe include TorchButton.

Great job overall! I'm going to hang in with ya here for a while.

testing a 23554 build with black camera and torchbutton now. so far so good, but i just need to fix some cosmetic issues.

Been using Waremike's Nurom 23518 for a while now but I like what you have done here. What are the main differences? Thx!

the main differences are the build number, the theme, and the selection of apps cooked in.

I've been searching for Manila Weather Settings Editor. Does anybody have a cab for it? It's cooked into Rob Storm's rom of flotanium but this rom isn't effing up either!

here is the original thread for the program:
http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=554857

Posted Image

tractor101

tractor101

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910
Problem with text messaging anybody? I'm running an earlier version of the M2D only ROM and i just noticed i can't compose a new text message and even tough i can receive them, i can't reply.

Just wondering if the new version (M2D only V3) has the same problem (maybe)?

thekevster

thekevster

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Problem with text messaging anybody? I'm running an earlier version of the M2D only ROM and i just noticed i can't compose a new text message and even tough i can receive them, i can't reply.

Just wondering if the new version (M2D only V3) has the same problem (maybe)?

it may be due to a program you installed or something you changed. i just tried to compose a text and reply to one that somebody sent me and they worked for me.

Posted Image

tractor101

tractor101

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

it may be due to a program you installed or something you changed. i just tried to compose a text and reply to one that somebody sent me and they worked for me.

Darn! Oh well, I was looking for an excuse to flash V3 anyway!

luxuryboyz

luxuryboyz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia I910
I have a verizon Omnia, flashed over to metro PCS. I was wondering if this would make me lost my settings on metro?

tractor101

tractor101

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
Just flashed to M2D only - text messaging is fine.

Edited by tractor101, 04 April 2010 - 05:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users