Fix the 3 second ring delay (solution)

Guest alexovy
Thanks. I've replicated your settings and I get this:

When incoming call, vibrate first 3 seconds and after that the ringtone starts full volume. Is this the same for you?

Note: this is to be expected since first thing you have on the script is w3 (wait 3 seconds).

yes...this is important. Lock screen behaves different.

What if you use w0?

Guest Ender Psp
No It just instantly Rings and vibrate.

Edit: AFter testing it does get the 3 sec vibrate then the ringtone on full volume on lockscreen only

I get this on always. However I have a policy that enforces a lockscreen, I wonder if this might affect this.

Another interesting fact is that I didn't have this in my stock II9:

"Script OemRingtoneGap" = "w3"

in [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0]

I wonder what this does.

Guest ray1234

Now that you guys mention it, I am using TWU2's chinese lite rom IL1, and I don't have 3 seconds increasing ringtone from the moment of using that rom. I have forgotten about that problem altogehter......

Guest alexovy
Now that you guys mention it, I am using TWU2's chinese lite rom IL1, and I don't have 3 seconds increasing ringtone from the moment of using that rom. I have forgotten about that problem altogehter......

can you tell us, please, what are the values for the above regitries?

Thank you!

Guest Laruku Jr.
Here are my settings.

It does seem though that this fix changed something because when I have changed (to prove the concept) the settings back I have had the same results.

Nevertheless my ring sound comes in less that 3". That is why I thought the fix helped.

I've got your point about the ring sound comes in less than 3 secs. I've already got this without changing anything of GC Rom at all. I think this behaviour is in place since lately several builds of i8000 roms. Currently, my ring sound comes to full volumn in about 1 sec, which is better than the last 3secs lag time :P However, the perfect solution that we're all really want here is to have full volumn at the beginning of ringing sound. I think it is a myth now.

Edited by Laruku Jr.

• 2 months later...
Guest wil_dee
[HKLM/Software/Mircosoft/SimContacts/RadioEnableDelay]

DWORD: 0

Fixed For mine.

this works for me too, approx. 1 sec delay, which is fine, better than 3 secs...

samsung omnia i8000 wm6.1 stock rom

EDIT: actually, after i left the phone there for a while and it locked, the 3 sec delay has come back, even if it is tested whilst unlocked... any ideas? anybody?

Edited by wil_dee

Guest wil_dee

after reading several threads and forums across the web, and applying numerous reg edits to no avail.... i think i may have found the solution:

although not exactly a tweak but it worked...

i enabled the samsung oem dialer (previously disabled) and rings almost immediately, with NO DELAY at all, whilst locked or not locked, same thing NO DELAY in ringing.

I lose about 7-8MB in ram but hey, if it means there's no delays then it's fine with me...

i tried checking all the previous registry edits, but they did not change as a result of me enabling the Samsung dialer... thus it mustbe related to the winmo dialer - possibly a bug or something - but beyond my technical expertise

well, until someone more intelligent than i, can find the tweak, then i guess this'll do....

hope this helps others!

Guest Du5aN
i enabled the samsung oem dialer (previously disabled) and rings almost immediately, with NO DELAY at all, whilst locked or not locked, same thing NO DELAY in ringing.

And how can enable samsung oem dialer? Thx!

Guest nizar445

For me I set the CPU performance to high and the problem solved!!! :)

(Omnia Pro, official 6.5 rom, 3 UK network, S2U2)

Guest wil_dee
And how can enable samsung oem dialer? Thx!

i use sktools and there's an option in there but i searched around and this should be the registry edit:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin]

"Enabled"=dword:1

Guest Du5aN
i use sktools and there's an option in there but i searched around and this should be the registry edit:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin]

"Enabled"=dword:1

I already have enabled this feature and value data set on 1, so this option not working for me...

• 11 months later...
Guest AlejandroHernandez
Btw,

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0]

"Script"="av0pw3r"

which translates into activate, vibrate 0, play ringtone, wait 3 seconds, repeat all

Legend:

a = activate device

cN = set volume to N in percentage max volume (0-100)

fN = flash notification LED for N seconds

p = play ringtone. Note that this will play the ringtone all the way through before continuing with the next code.

r = repeat. Note that this should be the last code in your Script string, if used at all.

vN = vibrate for N seconds

wN = wait for N seconds. Note that the device will wait this long before continuing with the next code.

I've tried "ac100pr" and "apc100r" but it didn't work, there is still 3 sec attenuation.

Other related keys may be:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Attenuation]

"5"=dword:00000001

"1"=dword:00000004

"2"=dword:00000004

"3"=dword:00000000

"0"=dword:00000000

(note the missing 4)

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring]

"InitVol"=dword:00000005

"AttenuationCategory"=dword:00000002

"Speaker"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\RingPreview]

"AttenuationCategory"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\System]

"Speaker"=dword:00000001

"AttenuationCategory"=dword:00000000

Now, I've done a sort of a quick search on what those Attenuation are but couldn't find anything useful. Maybe someone else can make heads/tails of these, but I bet the answer is here somewhere.

LE: found this which explains some of it, still reading.

Hi

the attenuation and soundCategories DOESN'T WORK

the script, YES it WORKS

I put script = v1w0apw1r

vibrate 1 second

wait CERO seconds

activate device

play ringtone

wait 1 seond

repeat

IT WORKS FINE TO ME

=)

U can test v0w0apw0r

thank

• 4 weeks later...
Guest hoegen
after reading several threads and forums across the web, and applying numerous reg edits to no avail.... i think i may have found the solution:

although not exactly a tweak but it worked...

I lose about 7-8MB in ram but hey, if it means there's no delays then it's fine with me...

i tried checking all the previous registry edits, but they did not change as a result of me enabling the Samsung dialer... thus it mustbe related to the winmo dialer - possibly a bug or something - but beyond my technical expertise

well, until someone more intelligent than i, can find the tweak, then i guess this'll do....

hope this helps others!

Yep this is it.

It's definitely the Samsung dialer!

When it's enabled, the phone rings almost instantly, without it takes about 3 seconds before the phone does anything.