[ROM] Omnia II feat. HTC Sense 2.5

Guest enrico988

Guest enrico988

Hey guys, I want to share my latest work :P

post-619680-1270026888_thumb.png post-619680-1270026937_thumb.png post-619680-1270026952_thumb.png post-619680-1270026966_thumb.png

Customizations:

-HTC Sense 2.5.20121225 from HTC Rhodium.

-LZX compression (more archiviation space)

-Power On/Off animation (credits to emse_186 @ xda)

-GoogleMaps 4.0 (for MyLocation service)

-MoDaCo NoData

-Condor GT Black Edition Theme (credits to El Condor @ xda)

-Ameba Service (Fixes app closing button - credits to xTep @ xda)

-SoftReset App

-HTC StartMenu Grid font

-Performance is HIGH by default

-Disabled Security Check

-SDK Certs

-All T9 languages preserved

Removed: Connected Home, Dice, DigitalFrame, Facebook, Youtube, Midomi, VideoEditor, SmartSearch, SmartReader, SmartMemo, UnitConverter, Qik, SmartSync, SharePix, Podcast, all games, all wallpapers and ringtones (except Samsung Tune and Cloudy Tone), MSN Weather & Money, Welcome Center (Getting Started).

EZinput not included, cause it's not fully compatible, so I kept Samsung Keypad

Memory: about 215MB (Erasing CSC) of archiviation and 70MB of free ram (with Sense enabled, but no weather or wallpaper animation), ~65MB (with all animation enabled)

Known Bugs:

-VideoCall doesn't work--> possible fix: use samsung dialer.

Change this valued: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin] "ext"="\\Windows\\SECDialer.dll"

IMPORTANT:

- Use Octans 2.14 or newer. Flash at your own risk.

- If you flash CSC you'll have original Samsung power on/off animations, so I suggest to Erase CSC Data in Octans

DOWNLOAD: Part1 <-> Part2

Update 7th April: First FIX pack (attached in 2nd post) fixes:

-HTC Album: in fullscreen view, some text was mirrored.

-Comm.Manager: WiFi button didn't work.

-XT9 Dictionaries: word suggestion didn't work.

Credits:

-Ginkage & ChainFire for the OpenGL v1 dll (great)

-rodrigofd and wes who initiated customized ROM project

-Sorg for his dump tool

-NooBody for his Album and Music tab Fix

-jackyaway for his precious help

-wes for his simply great romTool

-Italian forum HDblog for its support and its friends

Hope I didn't forget anybody :(

EnjoY!

Edited by enrico988

Guest bluhound

Nice! but there is one slight problem here.

From your screenshots, you are using HTC's dialer. So, with the dialer does the video call function work? I had to move away from rfd's LEO2 FUSION ROM as video call is not working on that ROM (HD2's dialer doesn't support video call as the phone itself does not have a front camera)

Guest enrico988
Nice! but there is one slight problem here.

From your screenshots, you are using HTC's dialer. So, with the dialer does the video call function work? I had to move away from rfd's LEO2 FUSION ROM as video call is not working on that ROM (HD2's dialer doesn't support video call as the phone itself does not have a front camera)

Rhodium dialer supports by default video call, but unfortunately doens't work on our i8000 (I think require HTC hardware). However, I left also Samsung dialer from JC2 rom, so whoever wants to use video calls, has to change a reg value to roll back to that dialer.

Guest bluhound

Sounds very promising. Can't wait to try it out...

Isn't Sense 2.5 designed to be tighty knitted with other HTC apps. So I presume that if I do revert the dialer back to Samsung's, the People tab will no longer work?

Guest enrico988
Sounds very promising. Can't wait to try it out...

Isn't Sense 2.5 designed to be tighty knitted with other HTC apps. So I presume that if I do revert the dialer back to Samsung's, the People tab will no longer work?

It works but you cannot make calls directly from a contact.

Guest saahaa
Rhodium dialer supports by default video call, but unfortunately doens't work on our i8000 (I think require HTC hardware). However, I left also Samsung dialer from JC2 rom, so whoever wants to use video calls, has to change a reg value to roll back to that dialer.

1+ :P

Guest jeffrey2000

tnx, will try the rom right away when it comes out. With all respect to Rodrigo's rom but I just want a 6.5.5 rom besides that his rom is great. Did u fix the dialer? cz on freeza's sense ui build 2.5.1922.2911 (which is actually for wm6.1) and Phone canvas 3.40.1920.1930 the dialer messes up on 6.5.5 with a scrollbar on the right but I do have clickable contacts which you can dial straight from the contacts tab.

For the rest not too keen on the Rhodium background but well this can be changed ofcourse. But why not making this straight away for the newer JC2?

Edited by jeffrey2000

Guest enrico988
But why not making this straight away for the newer JC2?

Because I was working on italian JC1 (last official), and I used that as base, just including english packages.

Never tried JC2 though.

Guest jeffrey2000
Because I was working on italian JC1 (last official), and I used that as base, just including english packages.

Never tried JC2 though.

FYI: All Samsung apps look nicer in the JC2 build and seem a bit faster aswell. But it can wait :P

(did u fix the contact tab with dialer already) see previous question?)

Edited by jeffrey2000

Guest enrico988
FYI: All Samsung apps look nicer in the JC2 build and seem a bit faster aswell. But it can wait :P

(did u fix the contact tab with dialer already) see previous question?)

Yes I fixed the scrollbar issue and using htc dialer you'll have clickable dialing from contact.

About JC2 I read that Samsung only reskinned his apps and ported WM to the latest 6.5 build.

Edited by enrico988

Guest cicciosprint

One question: can you make two versions, namely a lite and FULL rom? I'm tired sick of all devs stripping out the default apps, I so happen to use quik, Asphalt, connected home and the like, so I don't give a damn about ROM space, I just want these apps!

Guest enrico988
One question: can you make two versions, namely a lite and FULL rom? I'm tired sick of all devs stripping out the default apps, I so happen to use quik, Asphalt, connected home and the like, so I don't give a damn about ROM space, I just want these apps!

The problem is, cicciosprint, that Sense interface requires herself about 150MB of ROM space, and if you have a fresh samsung rom, you won't have even 100MB free.

Maybe with time and requests I'll collect cabs for removed apps :P

thax enrico sounds promising ,, can you please tell us how much free ram do your rom have after booting ??

With still wallpaper and weather animation enabled I have about 70MB and with animation enabled (weather or animated wallpaper) about 65MB.

Edited by enrico988

Guest cicciosprint
The problem is, cicciosprint, that Sense interface requires herself about 150MB of ROM space, and if you have a fresh samsung rom, you won't have even 100MB free.

Maybe with time and requests I'll collect cabs for removed apps :(

Thanks for the clarification :P

Oh, one more question: how actually difficult is to cook I8000 roms? Is there a detailed guide anywhere?

Guest enrico988
Thanks for the clarification :P

Oh, one more question: how actually difficult is to cook I8000 roms? Is there a detailed guide anywhere?

Not so difficult, but unfortunately there isn't a detailed guide. I started from reading this thread and I'm using wes58 romTool, just great :(

Guest ronalgps
Ouch :P English please...

hey enrico

i ask you for this rom in english in hdblog

thank you

i use the one in intalian still and is super rom

Edited by ronalgps