[ROM||LiquidE] Liberated v1.4.2 by Piter1225

Guest Piter1225

Guest vikings123
I'm not sure I understood ...

Pitter have you got a newer bin ?

I think Piter got a new bin file since I just flashed his new ROM , with new bin of course, and it works well.

Great job, Piter! :(

Google Earth with multi-touch is really cool. B)

Just one question, how can I remove those apps that I do not use, like stuffs from FET?

I used to use ddms to remove apps.

But under new bin and ROM, it no longer works. Nothing there under "File explore". :(

Or I should try other solution? :P

Guest audiobastard

EHHH what the hell. I'm gonna give your rom a go. Hopefully it doesn't whine and moan like the other 2.1 roms do on my phone. As a side note; i'm not criticizing the work of any of the developers on here. In fact, I think you guys are awesome. I'm just impatiently waiting for a rom that doesn' end up freezing when I click home button for like 7-8 seconds. In any event, this is the price you pay for multitasking.

Guest digiko
Great ROM, faster than Evil's :P

However I cannot update Google Maps. Says incompatible update. Any suggestions?

delete the maps.apk in /system/app along with the street.apk, reboot

then go into application>manage applications, remove the com.google.android.maps.apk and com.google.android.streets.apk

install google maps from market and street.apk manually,

done

Edited by digiko

Guest Piter1225
Piter, great job. This is my first usable 2.1 ROM. Where can I donate?

You know, the best way to donate me are your good words.

I dont take money for my work here, I do this for fun.

(but if someone fell so greatful that would like to donate me a new device, I wouldnt refuse :P )

Guest audiobastard

well, i installed it and then installed my apps using titanium. Sure enough... i open browser, check news... go back to home and desktop freezes. This is ridiculous. All the animations are off, i did the wipe stuff, there's no reason why my phone is freezing up and others' are not.

Guest umair9001
well, i installed it and then installed my apps using titanium. Sure enough... i open browser, check news... go back to home and desktop freezes. This is ridiculous. All the animations are off, i did the wipe stuff, there's no reason why my phone is freezing up and others' are not.

try without restoring ur apps with titanium, might be that is the problem..

Guest tomdotcom
delete the maps.apk in /system/app along with the street.apk, reboot

then go into application>manage applications, remove the com.google.android.maps.apk and com.google.android.streets.apk

install google maps from market and street.apk manually,

done

Worked great. Thanks for the tip to remove the com.google.android.maps.apk.

Final problem. I removed Autokiller from v1.2 but my Gmail does not receive push email until I off/on the data sync OR refresh mail manually.

Any ideas to "restart" this process?

Guest snoopy33

Hi,

I remove some system app with titanium, like google maps, voice recognition, and acer notification... I have no more lags on market... I don t know if it s linked, I use also the link doctor from titanium, it means for me no more issue on this rom (may be colours not very easy to read, grise on green) !!!!!!

My next flash will be official Rom :-)

++

Nooo it was too easy, I can t see street view... can anyone upload it ? (street.apk) ?? I don t find it by googling

Edited by snoopy33

Guest casper326
Worked great. Thanks for the tip to remove the com.google.android.maps.apk.

Final problem. I removed Autokiller from v1.2 but my Gmail does not receive push email until I off/on the data sync OR refresh mail manually.

Any ideas to "restart" this process?

Yeah, I got the same problem in pushing GMAIL.

I've to do my best congratulations, this mod-rom it's great.

Very smooth (comparing to others), at today I think it's the best around.

Good job, continue to this way :P

Guest komos

Really fast rom and clean, battery performance also imporoved a lot comparing to leaked bin.

2 thinks i noticed , i can't get location update in some widgets like Beautifull widgets, and Live Wallpapers (known) while in leaked bin work (Ok not flawlessly but work) in this rom some are not even rendered.

Guest tomdotcom

AOSP messaging looks to be alot quicker. This is with a few hundred SMS's.

Lovely ROM, however the broken PUSH GMAIL is somewhat of a deal breaker :P

Edited by tomdotcom

Guest m3allak

Hy piter

I did not try your ROM yet, still waiting for more spec, but i would like to thank you for your work and your mentality

Regards

Guest Piter1225

Ill try to fix gmail, also will change graphics in browser adress bar and market, Im working also on app2sd, but I also have school, so be patient guys :P

Guest Fremske
Ill try to fix gmail, also will change graphics in browser adress bar and market, Im working also on app2sd, but I also have school, so be patient guys :P

If in your next release....Gmail is working, AP2SD is included (like in LCR) and some cosmetic changes are applied than this ROM is most definitely one of the best around. I find it very smart to use Devils roms as an baseline on which you add your flavour!

Keep up to good work!

Regards,

Fremske

Guest Piter1225
If in your next release....Gmail is working, AP2SD is included (like in LCR) and some cosmetic changes are applied than this ROM is most definitely one of the best around. I find it very smart to use Devils roms as an baseline on which you add your flavour!

Keep up to good work!

Regards,

Fremske

This ROM is based on leaked ROM, not on evils custom ROM :P

Guest skitbra8934

how do i update my phone when all files are in a zip and not a bin?

havent done that version before only with a bin and the acer tool

Guest umair9001
how do i update my phone when all files are in a zip and not a bin?

havent done that version before only with a bin and the acer tool

Read first post..

1. Flash Bin..

2. Flash Malez Recovery..

3. Perform Update.zip from recovery..

Guest Piter1225
Read first post..

1. Flash Bin..

2. Flash Malez Recovery..

3. Perform Update.zip from recovery..

Yep, thats right, you don't need to perform wipe, its done automatically

Guest Seth Cold

is there a way to get smartdial back??

or at least the dialer of the first eclair leak? i just cant use the phone as a phone withouth smartdial :S

too many contacts

Guest Hoi Hoi

Hi Piter

you work is really precious~~!!! nearly the best (just my opinion~~:P)!!!

however i think many hong kong guys (like me) would like you do us a favour, which is adding the hong kong fonts into it.

also although the phone.apk in your rom is more beautiful, i think the original phone.apk in 0.008.06 is more useful.

could you teach me (us) to make a update.zip by myself to over write these two without any problem?