7 replies to this topic

Jonnyw2k

Jonnyw2k

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5, Nexus 5(Shipped)
Hey I've currently got a nexus one but I need another phone for my other sim card, just wondering what people thought where good value for money android phones.

-Wii-

-Wii-

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Pulse(Huawei 8220)

Hey I've currently got a nexus one but I need another phone for my other sim card, just wondering what people thought where good value for money android phones.

Pulse every time

bindi

bindi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Pulse every time

Surely Pulse

masterpfa

masterpfa

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Interests:Music, art, history, photography and traveling
    Not done much of any of these lately!
  • Devices:Nexus 5/Nexus 4/Tegra Note 7
  • Twitter:@masterpfa

Surely Pulse

+1 does what it says on the tin! :P

LG Nexus 5 (32Gb Black)

LG Nexus 4
Galaxy Nexus
Advent Tegra Note 7

dropbox.png DropBox referal link
Click to get Dropbox and to get an extra free 250mb for us both

Jonnyw2k

Jonnyw2k

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5, Nexus 5(Shipped)
Hmm but is that locked to t-mobile as I want to put an o2 sim in it

bindi

bindi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Hmm but is that locked to t-mobile as I want to put an o2 sim in it

There is a sticky thread here for unlocking Pulse (Modaco offer), or you could pay T-mobile to unlock it for you once you have it for 3 months.

kentsin

kentsin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

LePhone by LeNovo
X10 mini from SE

spatuluk

spatuluk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro
I wouldn't recommend a Pulse. I bought one a week ago, and it's a bag of crud. I'm currently waiting for T-Mobile to send me packaging so I can send it back on DSR.

It was a combination of issues.. the 3G connection kept dropping out, meaning that I spent most of my time hitting 'retry', instead of actually browsing. The official Android 1.5 didn't work too well, with the screen being VERY difficult to hit around the edges. It took several attempts to hit delete or shift when using the keyboard. I upgraded to 2.1, and it fixed the keyboard issue to an extent, but the keyboard then kept locking up Android, requiring the battery to be taken out for a reset. There were other issues, but they may have been due to the unofficial nature of the 2.1 upgrade. I'm not sure if the connection issue was the fault of the handset or T-Mobile. All in all, I just expected more, so I'm now pondering something else.

For me, it's between the Sony X10 Mini and the HTC Wildfire. The Wildfire has Flash, more memory, and Android 2,1, but I like the compactness of the X10. Also, I've got a bit of a soft spot for SE - I've had Sonys since my first CD5E (apart from the Pulse, and look what happened then!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users