Good cheap android phone?

Guest Jonnyw2k

Guest Jonnyw2k

Hey I've currently got a nexus one but I need another phone for my other sim card, just wondering what people thought where good value for money android phones.

Guest -Wii-
Hey I've currently got a nexus one but I need another phone for my other sim card, just wondering what people thought where good value for money android phones.

Pulse every time

Guest bindi
Hmm but is that locked to t-mobile as I want to put an o2 sim in it

There is a sticky thread here for unlocking Pulse (Modaco offer), or you could pay T-mobile to unlock it for you once you have it for 3 months.

• 2 months later...
Guest kentsin

LePhone by LeNovo

X10 mini from SE

Guest spatuluk

I wouldn't recommend a Pulse. I bought one a week ago, and it's a bag of crud. I'm currently waiting for T-Mobile to send me packaging so I can send it back on DSR.

It was a combination of issues.. the 3G connection kept dropping out, meaning that I spent most of my time hitting 'retry', instead of actually browsing. The official Android 1.5 didn't work too well, with the screen being VERY difficult to hit around the edges. It took several attempts to hit delete or shift when using the keyboard. I upgraded to 2.1, and it fixed the keyboard issue to an extent, but the keyboard then kept locking up Android, requiring the battery to be taken out for a reset. There were other issues, but they may have been due to the unofficial nature of the 2.1 upgrade. I'm not sure if the connection issue was the fault of the handset or T-Mobile. All in all, I just expected more, so I'm now pondering something else.

For me, it's between the Sony X10 Mini and the HTC Wildfire. The Wildfire has Flash, more memory, and Android 2,1, but I like the compactness of the X10. Also, I've got a bit of a soft spot for SE - I've had Sonys since my first CD5E (apart from the Pulse, and look what happened then!)