02 Joggler

Guest joners

Guest joners

Hi,

Bought an o2 Joggler today, it seems to be a great looking platform for some hacking to be done on.

It currently is only £49.99 (until 15th april).

The device has a 7" (capactive from what i can tell) touch screen.

1.3Ghz Atom chip

512Mb RAM

1GB on board storage.

1 x USB Port

1 x Ethernet

802.11n Wifi

The 02 OS was put together from OpenPeak, and is based on Ubuntu from what ive seen.

Just wondering if there is any interest in to some Modaco hacking in to the device.

It looks like a good chunk of work has been done by Gforums over at http://hackthejoggler.blogspot.com/ and their forums.

The bulk of his work is on his own site, here. http://magician.gforums.de/

It looks like he has managed to get Ubuntu Netbook Edition running on it but its a bit of a messey install, and there are some issues with sound on the device.

Anyone interested in this device at all?

Cheers,

Jon

Guest vgrade

Hi Jon. Purchased my joggler on Tuesday before the price reduction. I'd seen the work by gforuns and fancied a hack. Going to have a play tomorrow.

Were you working on the pulse a while ago.

Guest joners
Hi Jon. Purchased my joggler on Tuesday before the price reduction. I'd seen the work by gforuns and fancied a hack. Going to have a play tomorrow.

Were you working on the pulse a while ago.

Yup i was on the pulse! Also on the Nexus One now as well as a couple of other devices. :P

I saw that Paul has got a joggler now, it was his tweet that brought it to my attention and on his recommendation i went and picked one up.

Ive seen the hack to get Ubuntu netbook remix (or the MID edition) on there but apparently there are still some issues with it.

The stock software has crippled the device.

The first and most important package that the device requires at the minute is a browser, the stock GUI is good enough for the minute.

Any ideas on how to go forward with it?

Cheers,

Jon

found a good new resource to look at:

http://www.joggler.info/forum/

Edited by joners

Guest McSpoon

I've ordered one too. It sounds like an excellent bit of hardware for the price, it's just a shame the software is so rubbish. It would be awesome to get either Chrome or Android on it; even just a web browser would be nice.

Those forums look interesting, I hope it creates a good hacker community.

Guest fatbutcher

I've picked up one of these too. Had looked at them before, but when the price dropped to 49.99+quidco couldn't resist any longer. Defo needs to be liberated from the O2 software. Lack of seek control is a pain, the video play back otherwise is excellent, and the screen is really nice.

I've put together a usb stick with the Ubuntu Netbook remix on it as described in the gforums guide, but it does quite work as yet, just makes the joggler hang with a O2 logo onscreen. Pull it out and reboot it and it goes back to the normal O2 implementation, which is a bonus.

To tired now to carry one, need sleep!

• 1 month later...