[solved] Is there a way to do it ?

Guest Paleskin

Guest Paleskin

My PC has an unlimited internet connection, and also a bluetooth, can I connect my BJII to my PC and use it's internet connection ? so I can have an unlimited internet connection in my BJII

Thanks

Edited by Paleskin

Guest xenogod

Depending on what operating systme you use you have 2 options. Windows XP and Windows 2000 can use Actice Sync. If you use Windows Vista or Windows 7 then you can use Windows Mobile Device Center. These two programs will will let you share the internet connection your computer has with your cellphone.

A Google search will tell you how to do all of this (since that is what I did to get you these two quotes from two different web pages).

For example if you use Windows 2000 or Windows XP this is what you would have to do after downloading, installing and creating a partnership with active sync and your BJ2

"It is possible to access the Internet on your mobile device using ActiveSync. Since version 3.6, ActiveSync has supported a Pass Through option that will cause the desktop computer to act as a gateway for the handheld computer to the network. To access the Pass Through option, connect your device to the desktop and select Tools > Options from the ActiveSync window. Depending on your network configuration, you may either select Work or The Internet from the Pass Through dropdown box. Although you can generally select The Internet, the correct setting will depend upon your network configuration."

If your using Windows Vista or Windows 7 then this is what you would have to do in Windows Mobile Device Center

To connect to a network or the Internet

1. Connect your device to the computer. Windows Mobile Device Center starts automatically.

2. Do one of the following:

* If you have not already set up a Windows Mobile partnership between this device and the computer, click Connect without setting up.

* If you have already set up a Windows Mobile partnership, click Mobile Device Settings.

3. Click Change Connection Settings.

4. In the This computer is connected to list, select Automatic to use the most common settings, or select which specific device connection should use the

network connection on the computer to "pass through" Windows Mobile Device Center."

Edited by xenogod

Guest Paleskin
Depending on what operating systme you use you have 2 options. Windows XP and Windows 2000 can use Actice Sync. If you use Windows Vista or Windows 7 then you can use Windows Mobile Device Center. These two programs will will let you share the internet connection your computer has with your cellphone.

A Google search will tell you how to do all of this (since that is what I did to get you these two quotes from two different web pages).

For example if you use Windows 2000 or Windows XP this is what you would have to do after downloading, installing and creating a partnership with active sync and your BJ2

If your using Windows Vista or Windows 7 then this is what you would have to do in Windows Mobile Device Center

Thanks a lot, it works now, turns out that I just need to change the apn setting to "work"

Guest Paleskin
Thanks a lot, it works now, turns out that I just need to change the apn setting to "work"

Mmmmm, only several applications works in the pass through internet connection, others fails to detect the connections, also every reboot reset the internet connection to the gprs mode, are there any way to solve this ?

Thanks

Guest xenogod
Mmmmm, only several applications works in the pass through internet connection, others fails to detect the connections,

I haven't had any problems running applications on my BJ2 with active sync or windows mobile device center... You might want to double check the settings on your phone or within active sync (or windows mobile device center) to make sure everything is set up correctly. Otherwise it's possible that the application in question might not be able to support the internet connection through active sync or windows mobile device center... If this is the case then there's nothing that can be done.

Personally I have never had to set my connection to "work network" and I was always able to use the "the internet" setting without any problems. Maybe you should see if using "the internet" connection helps, and if you can't use that setting then find out why.

also every reboot reset the internet connection to the gprs mode, are there any way to solve this ?

Thanks

I don't think so because as it is designed you have to manually establish a connection to Active sync or Windows Mobile Device Center. So if the connection is interrupted (like when you shut your phone off) you will have to reestablish the connection manually.