Omnia 2 i8000 Optus ROM (wrong CSC)

Guest adisen

Hi all,

I've been lurking this forum for the past 3 days and have done a large amount of reading up about flashing etc.

However, being my first time doing a flash, of course I did something wrong..

I have flashed my O2's CSC files, but I very foolishly forgot to back up my original Optus (Australia) CSC.

My phone is useless until I restore the Optus CSC, as the new CSC leaves me stuck with a British carrier's settings.

I have been looking everywhere for hours and hours, but I can't find an original Optus CSC or PDA release anywhere.

So, does anyone have an original Optus CSC file that they can share, or a link they can point me to??

My current ROM:

PDA: I8000DTII1

CSC: I8000CNXIJ8

I rang my service provider, but they had no idea what a PDA or CSC file even was....

Oh and another question,

is it a bad idea to have the wrong CSC settings installed (a UK carrier), and still use my Optus sim card?

When I put my sim back into the phone, it asks me whether it should "automatically configure the new sim card settings for Optus Aus".

I pressed YES and can receive messages etc, however, when I check the CSC version in settings, it still comes up as I8000CNXIJ8 (the Optus one should be I8000OPTII1 or something like that).

Thanks.

Guest msra6la2
Hi all,

I've been lurking this forum for the past 3 days and have done a large amount of reading up about flashing etc.

However, being my first time doing a flash, of course I did something wrong..

I have flashed my O2's CSC files, but I very foolishly forgot to back up my original Optus (Australia) CSC.

My phone is useless until I restore the Optus CSC, as the new CSC leaves me stuck with a British carrier's settings.

I have been looking everywhere for hours and hours, but I can't find an original Optus CSC or PDA release anywhere.

So, does anyone have an original Optus CSC file that they can share, or a link they can point me to??

My current ROM:

PDA: I8000DTII1

CSC: I8000CNXIJ8

I rang my service provider, but they had no idea what a PDA or CSC file even was....

Oh and another question,

is it a bad idea to have the wrong CSC settings installed (a UK carrier), and still use my Optus sim card?

When I put my sim back into the phone, it asks me whether it should "automatically configure the new sim card settings for Optus Aus".

I pressed YES and can receive messages etc, however, when I check the CSC version in settings, it still comes up as I8000CNXIJ8 (the Optus one should be I8000OPTII1 or something like that).

Thanks.

find the FUS mobile Firmware downloader somewhere on this froum. Install it and find the Aussie Stock Rom you need

Guest adisen
find the FUS mobile Firmware downloader somewhere on this froum. Install it and find the Aussie Stock Rom you need

Thanks, I downloaded it and searched for the firmware with as many different parameters and suffixes as I could find that might resemble my Aussie carrier (OPS, OPP, etc), but the program always crashed out on an error message about 'object reference not set to an instance of an object.'

This happened even when I searched using the values that were already entered in the program when you open it..

Am I missing something?

Guest hostet
Thanks, I downloaded it and searched for the firmware with as many different parameters and suffixes as I could find that might resemble my Aussie carrier (OPS, OPP, etc), but the program always crashed out on an error message about 'object reference not set to an instance of an object.'

This happened even when I searched using the values that were already entered in the program when you open it..

Am I missing something?

I

Use this instead. t may be tough to get connected. Just keep on trying until you are in. I have attached a picture of the file that you can find fro Optus. Before this software will work, you have to install Windows .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 which can be found here

post-583382-1270460175_thumb.png

Edited by hostet

Guest adisen
I

Use this instead. t may be tough to get connected. Just keep on trying until you are in. I have attached a picture of the file that you can find fro Optus. Before this software will work, you have to install Windows .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 which can be found here

Dude, thank you so much. Got through straight away, now just gotta decide which one to get. You saved my ass! I knew help was out there :P

Guest hostet
Dude, thank you so much. Got through straight away, now just gotta decide which one to get. You saved my ass! I knew help was out there :(

Hi,

No problem Dude. :P

Guest veneno
I

I keep getting "Your download limit couldn't be detirmined, please try again later" when trying to download GT-I8000_I8000DTIK2_I8000OPSIK2_I8000XXIK3_I8000OPSIK2_XX_OPS.zip.enc.

post-680082-1270477978_thumb.jpg

But was able to download GT-I8000_I8000DTII3_I8000OPSII1_I8000XXIH7_I8000DTHI2_XX_OPS.zip.enc. Something seems wrong as the file sizes are 127Kb >.<

Guess ill have to try again tomorrow....

Any ideas regarding the "Your download limit couldn't be detirmined, please try again later" MSG?

THANKS!!

Guest msra6la2
I keep getting "Your download limit couldn't be detirmined, please try again later" when trying to download GT-I8000_I8000DTIK2_I8000OPSIK2_I8000XXIK3_I8000OPSIK2_XX_OPS.zip.enc.

But was able to download GT-I8000_I8000DTII3_I8000OPSII1_I8000XXIH7_I8000DTHI2_XX_OPS.zip.enc. Something seems wrong as the file sizes are 127Kb >.<

Any ideas regarding the "Your download limit couldn't be detirmined, please try again later" MSG?

THANKS!!

keep trying, I normally get 1 successful download out of 10 attempts

Guest hostet

THANKS!!

veneno,

You are only aloow to download one rom per doy. The error appear as you have tried to download more than once within the same day.

Guest veneno
veneno,

You are only aloow to download one rom per doy. The error appear as you have tried to download more than once within the same day.

Hostet,

I was getting the error even before i actually downloaded any roms :(

All is well now, i actually downloaded my "original" firmware and sucessfully flashed.Now i have a backup so i can always go back if something goes wrong with "Cooked" rom :P

Thanks for all your help guys! Muchly appreciated