Omnia 2 and Windows Phone 7

Guest tmn0004676

I’ve just bought a new app for my Omnia II. However, I have just discovered that the next Microsoft window mobile operating system (Windows phone 7) will not be backwards compatible. Furthermore, it looks like Windows Phone 7 apps will only be able to be installed via Marketplace.

Even worse Windows phone 7 will not even allow Multi-tasking (unlike Window Mobile 6/6.5). I’ve been considering moving to the iphone….this might just be the final straw

Guest jebise

what a pointless thread, samsung won't even support wp7 for the omnia. If i comes out it will not be a official release and why not just stick to winmo 6.5 and they just released 6.5.3? why would you get the ishit? 4 year old technology.

Not to sure but wp7 will support multi tasking and the ishit REALLY come on that dose not do multi tasking at all, as for backward compatible. Most if not all apps will get converted in time, plus do you really believe that it will be locked down people will hack it.

I hate people that bash this phone yeah it has its flaws, but its stiill the best phone out there for the money and the features. The only flaws of this phone are samsung 1 no opengl drivers and 2 low ram. These both can be fixed with a custom ROM and the opengl driver so piss off.

Edited by jebise

Guest Ender Psp
what a pointless thread, samsung won't even support wp7 for the omnia. If i comes out it will not be a official release and why not just stick to winmo 6.5 and they just released 6.5.3? why would you get the ishit? 4 year old technology.

Not to sure but wp7 will support multi tasking and the ishit REALLY come on that dose not do multi tasking at all, as for backward compatible. Most if not all apps will get converted in time, plus do you really believe that it will be locked down people will hack it.

I hate people that bash this phone yeah it has its flaws, but its stiill the best phone out there for the money and the features. The only flaws of this phone are samsung 1 no opengl drivers and 2 low ram. These both can be fixed with a custom ROM and the opengl driver so piss off.

Totally agree. I was commenting on another thread, I hate people bashing around with their own frustration for making (what they think is) a wrong choice. People, learn to live today. WM7 is very far away, and besides, WM6.5 isn't going anywhere. Please for your own (and our) sake learn to read and have some patience!

If you really wanna shoot yourself in the head why announce it? Do us a favor and shoot yourself first and then come here and post... ;)

As I was saying on that aforementioned thread, I propose we have a Garbage section, to move all these useful bashes/advertising there. Any moderator, PLEASE!

Some people just don't realize that this forum is not for expressing transition frustration, is for helping others get the most from this phone...

Guest jebise
If you really wanna shoot yourself in the head why announce it? Do us a favor and shoot yourself first and then come here and post... ;)

I LOL'd in my pants ;)