23 replies to this topic

zorm

zorm

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000

'HTC Dilemma' - what a great product name... am I right?

What's the spec? 2GHz dual core, running Android 1.0 with an update to 2.1 due next week?

La Traviata

La Traviata

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i900

Although HTC bring out some awesome phones and were responsible with the Hero and sense for converting me to Android, the current upgrade farce along with some other delays in the past, have meant that I would not discount other phones.

Yeah, one reason why I'm interested in the Galaxy S is the "with Google" on the back, like on Nexus One. Could this mean that Galaxy S gets a firmware upgrade whenever Google/Android upgrades? The other reason is the 8GB/16GB on-board storage. Plus the AMOLED screen seems to indicate low power consumption, so battery life should be good provided the 1Ghz processor isn't too heavy. I guess we have to wait for user reports to be sure though.

Edited by La Traviata, 21 April 2010 - 02:54 PM.

tone-fu

tone-fu

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S II, N900, Desire Z
The Galaxy S doesn't even have a flash for the camera, that kind of rules it out as an all-rounder and competitor for the likes of the Desire.

La Traviata

La Traviata

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i900

The Galaxy S doesn't even have a flash for the camera, that kind of rules it out as an all-rounder and competitor for the likes of the Desire.

Some websites say that it will have a flash, so let's wait until it is released and then see. Also, photos at night tend to come out poor even with flash. Playing arond with the ISO setting helps, but in low light situations mobile phones are unfortunately still a long way behind a "proper" camera.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users