Reg Setting / Right Soft key

Guest Corrsfan99

Guest Corrsfan99

Does anyone have the original stock ROM registry setting for the button assignments on the Verizon Omnia II? I was importing some old registry entries, and it changed the labels. I'd like to get that restored. Also, I'd like to *try* and restore the right soft key back to the cube. I installed SPB Mobile shell and it replaced that setting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much.

Guest kdkinc
Does anyone have the original stock ROM registry setting for the button assignments on the Verizon Omnia II? I was importing some old registry entries, and it changed the labels. I'd like to get that restored. Also, I'd like to *try* and restore the right soft key back to the cube. I installed SPB Mobile shell and it replaced that setting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much.

I would suggest a hard reset BUT wait ti see what others say ;)

;) ;)

Guest Corrsfan99
Use the Advanced Config > Menu > More Settings > Key Mapping

I'm actually trying to find what the settings were before they got modified. The subkey is called "Keys" Since I'm just using stock right now, I don't have the advanced config program.

HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Keys\ is where the settings "SHOULD" be.

To fix the cube I need to figure out how to modify the right soft button and map it to the exe for the cube program.

Guest kdkinc
I'm actually trying to find what the settings were before they got modified. The subkey is called "Keys" Since I'm just using stock right now, I don't have the advanced config program.

HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Keys\ is where the settings "SHOULD" be.

To fix the cube I need to figure out how to modify the right soft button and map it to the exe for the cube program.

You Haven't "FLASHED" ;) ;) ;)

:P :P

Guest amdzero

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\113]

@="Cube"

"Open"="\\Windows\\Cube.lnk"

There are two registry settings found under ...\Keys\113

-The @ symbol means default and in this case it is the string that displays for the rightsoft key.

-The open key is for the link.

Guest Corrsfan99
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\113]

@="Cube"

"Open"="\\Windows\\Cube.lnk"

There are two registry settings found under ...\Keys\113

-The @ symbol means default and in this case it is the string that displays for the rightsoft key.

-The open key is for the link.

I was able to restore the cube. And I was able to restore back the names for Button 1 and Button 2, just not sure what the original settings were.

And since I just got the phone, I wanted to get used to it a little more before I flashed away. Can't believe how much is sucked up by Verizon junk. Also was a bit peeved that Visual VM could only go on device storage.