[TUT] Installing HTC Sense 2.5.2011 on the B7610

Guest FortKnox101

Guest watme

It's going me crazy right now.. flashed my megalite rom three times because once i selected something wrong or a bug, it wont let me reopen my htc sense 2.5 at all. right now. It prompt me the SMS PATCH and also i cant go to the HTC setting, it shows blank.

Edited by watme

Guest Nemesix_

The hot phone issue has disapeared, but now there is another issue.

The phone tab and lockscreen aren't working.

I would like to have the lock button to be a shortcut to the Sense lockscreen, and disable the samsung/standard lockscreen.

Also: I can't call people with the phone tab. I made shortcuts to people's numbers, but when I click them, nothing happens.

Has anyone got a solution?

Guest ddpove

FortKnox101, thank you for the file but unfortunately I have had to flash the phone all over because the Sense did not work good for me so I have titanium instead which is not so versatile but it works good.

Guest FortKnox101
i installed cookie tabs and added weather animation to my home screen but when i click the icon the icon it does not change it is always red ..... :huh:..my rom is Megalite 6.5.5 Build 23549

Hmm weird, I just tried that exact ROM and that button was working for me...but ive just had to downgrade to build 23547 because it seems that ROM has an SMS problem built into it.

Guest FortKnox101
The hot phone issue has disapeared, but now there is another issue.

The phone tab and lockscreen aren't working.

I would like to have the lock button to be a shortcut to the Sense lockscreen, and disable the samsung/standard lockscreen.

Also: I can't call people with the phone tab. I made shortcuts to people's numbers, but when I click them, nothing happens.

Has anyone got a solution?

If your using the People tab to call people it does not work with the normal Dialer, to get that working you need to install the PhoneCanvas included in the Rar file..I will update the guide accordingly.

Guest boyong
Hmm weird, I just tried that exact ROM and that button was working for me...but ive just had to downgrade to build 23547 because it seems that ROM has an SMS problem built into it.

What SMS problem are you talking about? I just flashed that version in my phone and I would like to know the problems if any?

Guest FortKnox101
What SMS problem are you talking about? I just flashed that version in my phone and I would like to know the problems if any?

Well when i flashed it, none of my messages were showing up in the Messaging app, I was not informed when i got a text message either, screen came on and that was it.

Guest boyong
Well when i flashed it, none of my messages were showing up in the Messaging app, I was not informed when i got a text message either, screen came on and that was it.

Fortunately for me, I haven't experienced that problem. I can receive and send text messages. Maybe you installed a program that causes conflict with the messaging app.

Guest boyong

When I have an incoming call, there is a black horizontal bar appearing on the incoming call popup just above the name of the caller. Does anybody having this problem?

Edited by boyong

Guest me00016

I also tried installing Sense 2.5 but I got away from it in prompt time. It is a project that needs muuuuuch time to get the best of it in order have - not all but - the basic apps to merely work. And in case you manage to make them work, they work snail-like.

IMHO this is a pretty useless and soon burried project, if the result is not a completed, fast and clean UI, EVEN AFTER much time of finetuning it. Especially when there are many other similar ideas in the market which work flawlessly.

(Or just add this is for testers)

Edited by me00016

Guest FortKnox101

I have to admit in some ways I agree with you me00016, but it is working for me most of the time, I forgot how much i actually got used to the HTC software on my my Hermes before I bought the B7610 in some ways i can't live without it., but there wasn't many good options for hardware qwerty keyboards, Touch Pro2 i heard the camera was crap so that let it down. In some other ways because of the limited support and lack of htc ported software (supports slowly getting there yes and lack of htc software, my fault for buying the B7610) im actually thinking I should have really bought the htc hd2 instead (even if it is without a qwerty).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mgrandia

I have use a Dutch lite rom, and now have I enough memory free to install the Sence 2.5 theme. It works perfectly.

This things didn't good working:

- I have installed the comm manager. And I see only 'Mobiel Wi-Fi Router' (and 'Not connected), the white borders are empty. I see only the the pictures (airmodel 3G WiFi. Blutetooth, Internet etc) left, and right the green or red icons. No text....!

-When I open the keypad for dial a number, the big button centered at the bottom at my screen didn't show text. And when I give up a dial-number and I dial a number, or there is an incoming call, the green and red buttons didn't display text.

-Default, the sence 2.5 show the text into the Dutch language, only the 'comm manager' show English text. When I press on a button (I can't see the text, but only the button), the text on the following screen are also Duch. Why the one part of Sence 2.5 Duch, and the other part English?

Can everyone help me?

I use a Samsung I8000.

Edited by mgrandia

Guest force of nature 1985

heya. you mention megalite rom. but which version is best for sense 2.5? there are quite a few builds i duno which one to use.

im quite new to this. thanks.

Guest daskalos
heya. you mention megalite rom. but which version is best for sense 2.5? there are quite a few builds i duno which one to use.

im quite new to this. thanks.

I think a rom based on 6.5.3

Guest ErnstJanF

Just installed this on the Official JC2 ROM (Fresh-installed) and it doesn't work well as it's slowing the device down like 95%?

Guest Klimto
Just installed this on the Official JC2 ROM (Fresh-installed) and it doesn't work well as it's slowing the device down like 95%?

You really need a MEGAlite rom for this to work. It's in the first post too.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Laserek

First of all thanks for your great job.

Based on your manila I installed 2.5.2012 v3 from xda-developers and working great

I have one more question. I dont have mms funcionality and cant use htc messager to create message. When I click new I'm using normal Win SMS creator.

Thanks in advance.

Guest FortKnox101

Im not sure about the MMS functionality depends what ROM your using. Do you have a link for this Sense 2.5.2012 v3?

Guest Laserek
Im not sure about the MMS functionality depends what ROM your using. Do you have a link for this Sense 2.5.2012 v3?

I'm using megalite ROM's. Even brfore installing htc app I have only SMS so its seams a ROM foult.

As for max manila 2012 v3 see attached file

Max_Manila_2.5___v3.0__beta_.cab

Guest force of nature 1985
I'm using megalite ROM's. Even brfore installing htc app I have only SMS so its seams a ROM foult.

As for max manila 2012 v3 see attached file

heya. which megalite rom u are using?

Guest FortKnox101

I'm sure someone asked if the My Location would work.

Usually it didnt work. However for some reason the My Location is actually detecting my location and giving my local weather. The only changes i've made to my phone is:

Using the Daskalos Megalite 6.5.5 MEGAlite ROM located here: http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-...l-and-megalite/

I've also installed MortScript and SDKCerts 2010

If this solution is working for other people let us know. I don't wanna re-do my phone to test just incase its a one off :rolleyes:

Edited by FortKnox101

Guest daskalos

Have anyone tried Sense 2.5 version with the Rhodium Core?

I think it works faster, just installed it in my unreleased v2 GA Rom (It's not megalite so I'm left with only 10Mb available storage/ 63Mb ram -sense running), and it's seems good

Edited by daskalos