peperonikiller

peperonikiller

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910, Moto Q9C
  • Twitter:@peperonikiller
it was missing drivers, i tried the reg settings but that didnt work, so version 2 is now using a modified version of dmcnado oemapps folder rather than mine.

Join my Facebook group HERE
Posted Image

robertjm

robertjm

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i910
Was there something special you had to do to get the LG Incite keyboard working? I recently downloaded a couple different .cab files from the web, but neither of them will install to non-Device memory.

Did you .cab it yourself? I'm going to be flashing with your base ROM, which doesn't include it out of the box.

Robert

HTC Thunderbolt with SynergyROM Nighties
Samsung Omnia i910 with thekevster's M2D WM 6.5 ROM v3 DC22/23563 (retired)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Fujitsu AH531 laptop (home)
Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin 64bit desktop (home)
rooted Barnes & Noble Nook Color

peperonikiller

peperonikiller

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Was there something special you had to do to get the LG Incite keyboard working? I recently downloaded a couple different .cab files from the web, but neither of them will install to non-Device memory.

Did you .cab it yourself? I'm going to be flashing with your base ROM, which doesn't include it out of the box.

Robert

If you want i can flash it in to my lite version for you. I actually just grabbed the OEM folder from Pall Mall. So im not sure how the cab works and where it needs to be installed to

Edited by peperonikiller, 15 April 2010 - 07:41 PM.

Posted Image

robertjm

robertjm

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Thanks for the offer! Let me try the .cab I found first since there will certainly be enough main memory starting with the lite ROM.

Don't want to start a "can you add this for me..." conversation going with your base rom ;)

If you want i can flash it in to my lite version for you. I actually just grabbed the OEM folder from Pall Mall. So im not sure how the cab works and where it needs to be installed to

peperonikiller

peperonikiller

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Thanks for the offer! Let me try the .cab I found first since there will certainly be enough main memory starting with the lite ROM.

Don't want to start a "can you add this for me..." conversation going with your base rom ;)

ok cool XD let me know how it goes

Posted Image

robertjm

robertjm

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Just a quick note. Once I flashed your lite ROM, I was able to install the EZInput .cab file (HTC Incite keyboard) to main device memory. Tried it for a short bit, but didn't like the way the input felt so got rid of it. Currently using the Fingerkeyboard v2.1, which I can make my own skin for.

Did have a question though. When I open CHomeEditor it lists the TitaniumWeather panel as being enabled. However, it doesn't show up in the menu. Is the listing in CHomeEditor just a generic list that comes with the program or is it actually installed in your ROM, but not working for whatever reason?

Robert

ok cool XD let me know how it goes

peperonikiller

peperonikiller

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Just a quick note. Once I flashed your lite ROM, I was able to install the EZInput .cab file (HTC Incite keyboard) to main device memory. Tried it for a short bit, but didn't like the way the input felt so got rid of it. Currently using the Fingerkeyboard v2.1, which I can make my own skin for.

Did have a question though. When I open CHomeEditor it lists the TitaniumWeather panel as being enabled. However, it doesn't show up in the menu. Is the listing in CHomeEditor just a generic list that comes with the program or is it actually installed in your ROM, but not working for whatever reason?

Robert

Its a registry setting that i never edited for the lite version, so if you do install tweather it wont mess with anything, just forgot to take it out of the sort order for CHome.

Posted Image

az29

az29

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:omnia i910
I am lovin' this rom. It is fast and smooth!

One problem...I can not see WiFi under the wireless manager. Any suggestions?

And, one question...Does anyone have the latest cab for Windows Marketplace?

thanks.

robertjm

robertjm

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Peperonikiller:
Ah, I see. So some of those items panels actually lead to non-existent programs then?
That would explain why I couldn't find it. ;)

Its a registry setting that i never edited for the lite version, so if you do install tweather it wont mess with anything, just forgot to take it out of the sort order for CHome.

az29:
Here's a link for Microsoft Marketplace over at XDA. While it says it's for WM6/6.1 It installs fine on Pep's Lite ROM.
The Wireless Manager program can be found by clicking Windows Key/Settings/Connections/Wireless Manager.

az29

az29

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Peperonikiller:
Ah, I see. So some of those items panels actually lead to non-existent programs then?
That would explain why I couldn't find it. ;)
az29:
Here's a link for Microsoft Marketplace over at XDA. While it says it's for WM6/6.1 It installs fine on Pep's Lite ROM.
The Wireless Manager program can be found by clicking Windows Key/Settings/Connections/Wireless Manager.

Thanks for the marketplace link.

The problem I am having is that when I go to the wireless manager, it only lists bluetooth and phone, no WiFi.

tonystan9

tonystan9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:samsung omnia

This room has no data connection link on setting to switch from data ,sync,or bluetooth data!

Start>settings>NO DATA USB ?

Edited by tonystan9, 17 April 2010 - 03:28 PM.

deadlinguo

deadlinguo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

The problem I am having is that when I go to the wireless manager, it only lists bluetooth and phone, no WiFi.

I am having this problem as well. I can't seem to turn on the wifi at all actually, it's like the drivers aren't installed or something.

Other than that really good rom, everything is fast, responsive, and stable.

talkdirty

talkdirty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Hi, peper: Thanks for the rom. I am using literomv2, somehow I lost my data connection. Can you help with the setting to regain data connection? btw, I am on pageplus's plan. Thanks!

NVM, I set username and password to blank, solve the problem.

Edited by talkdirty, 17 April 2010 - 05:30 AM.

talkdirty

talkdirty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Hi, peper: Thanks for the rom. I am using literomv2, same problem, no wifi .

robertjm

robertjm

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Just tried my wifi as well. While it does see my network, and it allows me to enter in the username/pwd, when I click the Connect button it "thinks" for a bit and then goes from Connecting to Available again.

talkdirty

talkdirty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

same problem. litev2

cac2us

cac2us

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Devices:VZW Omnia
I cooked a DC22_21899 ROM using peperonikiller's OEMs, and WalkingHotspot is working just fine.
I did have to soft reset both handsets after first contact. But It's working now.

talkdirty

talkdirty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

I cooked a DC22_21899 ROM using peperonikiller's OEMs, and WalkingHotspot is working just fine.
I did have to soft reset both handsets after first contact. But It's working now.

Did you make a post about it?

cac2us

cac2us

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Devices:VZW Omnia

Did you make a post about it?

I could up it to my 4shared and post it here, if it's ok with peperonikiller.

peperonikiller

peperonikiller

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
you could try to fix wifi by doing a soft reset, but i will update it to version 3 soon with fixes for it. I removed data connection in the control panel thinking nobody uses it, i didnt know anyone did, but i will add that back. I never stumbled across any of these issues due to me testing/updating my M2D version. But since 23559 just came out i will also update lite rom to the newer sys as well as fix most of the bugs, give me a day or so as i am out of town ;) (no usb cable) thanks!!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users