Divx Player for Desire!

Guest neuromacer

Guest neuromacer

Hi everyone,

Ive made the jump from an Omnia i900 to the lovely HTC desire, goodbye to Mr Gates and sod off to Jobs, I'm joining the Google world domination program!! and loving it!! ;)

However my big gripe is that I can't find a good all round Divx player like TCMP or CorePlayer for Android! ;)

Thanks in advance!

Guest blackhorse
Hi everyone,

Ive made the jump from an Omnia i900 to the lovely HTC desire, goodbye to Mr Gates and sod off to Jobs, I'm joining the Google world domination program!! and loving it!! ;)

However my big gripe is that I can't find a good all round Divx player like TCMP or CorePlayer for Android! ;)

Thanks in advance!

From my reading and understanding 2.1 supports divx playback with no need for encoder players

Guest nekromantik
From my reading and understanding 2.1 supports divx playback with no need for encoder players

desire has no software to play DivX or Xvid yet.

rumored to be included in a future update.

Guest stevenz
desire has no software to play DivX or Xvid yet.

rumored to be included in a future update.

CorePlayer is in development (basically the cellphone equivalent of VLC) which will play pretty much everything imaginable... when it's released (which could be next week or next year).

Until then, convert your videos to MP4s with WinFF and play 'em.

Guest david_inuk
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!

Try yxflash. It's a paid for app but does have a trial version.

I am using handbrake to convert (using Iphone settings) and then using the amazing meridian player.

Guest h5iangfu

Hi

I'm using a freeware for converting my divx to mp4 (Movies2iPhone, but they are many, this one very simple and effective) and on the phone a free app simply called video player.

Don't look much forward for a divx player directly on the phone, the conversion from divx->mp4 takes around 10mn per 700mb movie, and you spare hundreds of mo on the sd card.

Guest Chad Petree
CorePlayer is in development (basically the cellphone equivalent of VLC) which will play pretty much everything imaginable... when it's released (which could be next week or next year).

Until then, convert your videos to MP4s with WinFF and play 'em.

they havent updated their twitter in over a month ;)