Davka

Davka

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Devices:Omnia Pro B7610

Another problem.

-When making phone calls and if you move your phone away from your face, the flash will turn on and off.

very annoying.
probably is there some confusion between the light sensor and the camera flash.

It's not happening to me. I have IL1 phone/radio part of ROM - maybe this will help to solve this problem.

Samsung Omnia Pro B7610 (stock JC2 WM6.5 ROM)

raikon

raikon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:n70 and OmniaPro GT-B7610
ok Daskalos.

Problems 3 ;)

Calculator, Schedule, Unit converter, Smart Search and Media Player.. all this programs work great in portrait,
but when you slide out the keyboard this apps aren't ready for landscape use.
My take on this is that, in some of this apps when you slide out the keyboard the app doesn't know that it needs to rotate. probably some registry tweaking will solve most problems,
or create a new ROM with this apps from b7610 latest. ;) ;)

raikon

raikon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:n70 and OmniaPro GT-B7610

It's not happening to me. I have IL1 phone/radio part of ROM - maybe this will help to solve this problem.

thanks Davka.

Just for Future reference, my testing is done in a b7610 with the following firmware:

Pda: B7610nxxil2(Hybrid Rom)
Csc: B7620xebik4
Phone: B7610xxil1

daskalos

daskalos

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts
  • Devices:LG Expo,Samsung Omnia i900
  • Twitter:@E1i077

ok Daskalos.

Problems 3 ;)

Calculator, Schedule, Unit converter, Smart Search and Media Player.. all this programs work great in portrait,
but when you slide out the keyboard this apps aren't ready for landscape use.
My take on this is that, in some of this apps when you slide out the keyboard the app doesn't know that it needs to rotate. probably some registry tweaking will solve most problems,
or create a new ROM with this apps from b7610 latest. :P ;)

-Media Player works in landscape when keyboard is slided out

For Calculator and Smart Search, you must slide the keyboard out first before launching them if you want them in landscape

The reason is, since they came from I8000 which has no sliding hardware keyboard, they're not "written" to respond with a slide keyboard event. It's like the apps "don't know", what to do when a command instruction (sliding out of keyboard) is executed, so they don't go landscape properly ;)

For Schedule and Unit Converter, let me check if they are missing some landscape graphics...

Like my ROMs?

There are many ways to say thank you, one way is by clicking below

Posted Image

Davka

Davka

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Said in bad time. It just happened to me to :/

FortKnox101

FortKnox101

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Devices:Samsung OmniaPRO B7610
does this light thing happen on outgoing or incoming, cause i just made an outgoing call and i didn't have the light bug...

daskalos

daskalos

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts
  • Devices:LG Expo,Samsung Omnia i900
  • Twitter:@E1i077
Incoming

Like my ROMs?

There are many ways to say thank you, one way is by clicking below

Posted Image

FortKnox101

FortKnox101

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
ahh i see, ok then.

matdahero

matdahero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
I don't have the flash light problem, but then I notice my screen won't even go black when I have it near my face. I launched the LCDTest.exe and found out that my Proximity Sensor is not working, it stays at "No Detection" no matter how far I covered the sensor with my palm. Is there like a reg tweak to enable it somehow?

matdahero

matdahero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Can anybody upload their working ProxSensor.dll from /Windows Directory to me and see how it goes from there?

FortKnox101

FortKnox101

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
here you go, you will need to show hidden files to see the file though

Attached Files

Edited by FortKnox101, 17 April 2010 - 10:32 PM.

matdahero

matdahero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

here you go, you will need to show hidden files to see the file though

Oh god proximity sensor is back on working!! Thanks FortKnox101! I think my dll file corrupted or something... they have the same size though, weird.

Edit: Then I have another problem now, I have the proximity sensor working from the LCDTest, but still when I am in a call, the screen doesn't turn off when i put it close to my face. I will keep working on this I guess, as I don't see anyone from previous posts who have the same problem as me...

Edited by matdahero, 17 April 2010 - 11:49 PM.

20x

20x

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
@daskalos
I got worst led bug. While making a call (outgoing/incoming) led gets on and stays on! To switch it off I have initialise the camera which shuts the led down.

Proximity sensor isn't working.

In Samsung Today interface, the day and date widget is showing Sunday as "So", perhaps mui file for english is missing. Regional settings were set for Austria (German) ;)

The graphics are better than stock black ones of other roms as these take care of contrast easily. Memory management is also good, as even after using stock dialer and lock etc memory loss isn't that much everything stays put at ~75mb.

btw, my battery is getting extra hot when connected to pc.

Edited by 20x, 18 April 2010 - 07:03 AM.

matdahero

matdahero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

@daskalos
I got worst led bug. While making a call (outgoing/incoming) led gets on and stays on! To switch it off I have initialise the camera which shuts the led down.

Proximity sensor isn't working.

In Samsung Today interface, the day and date widget is showing Sunday as "So", perhaps mui file for english is missing.

The graphics are better than stock black ones of other roms as these take care of contrast easily. Memory management is also good, as even after using stock dialer and lock etc memory loss isn't that much everything stays put at ~75mb.

btw, my battery is getting extra hot when connected to pc.

Yay finally somebody is sharing the pain with me about the Proximity Sensor. It is not working for me either, afterall.

20x

20x

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
Another good thing I found is that most of the applications are smaller in size. For the time being, tcalendar, tclock, smartconverter, powercalculator are all really smaller by one third or more. This could mean that in a stripped out rom the addon cabs can get much smaller!

conqueror

conqueror

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Devices:HTC 3600
It seems it is a great Rom but unfortunately I cannot download it as the megaupload is not accessible in our country. I'd appreciate if you upload it on other server.

asbud

asbud

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia Pro B7610
how about the free storage & RAM descriptions?

Edited by asbud, 18 April 2010 - 02:58 PM.

vjin

vjin

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Devices:htc wizard
[hint]I bet it would be awesome to have HTC's Sense 2.5 in combination with this rom...[hint/] ;)

no seriously, have you thought about it?

account2002

account2002

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Devices:GT-B7610

Is it clean device or you have some third party apps?
Are you, by any chance, using compass app from modaco I8000 forum? For me the "flash on" thing happened always when I had compass app running in the background.

Davka

Davka

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

[hint]I bet it would be awesome to have HTC's Sense 2.5 in combination with this rom...[hint/] ;)

no seriously, have you thought about it?

First, daskalos have to get rid of major problems/bugs. Then we can think of adding more software ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users