Bing for 6.5

Guest rtimi28

Guest rtimi28

Bing was apparently released for 6.5 however i can't get it to work because it can't recognize the cooked rom I think. Can someone help. you can download it from m.bing.com/download. Please let me know if you got it to work on your phone and what rom you used.

Guest robertjm

Well, I went to the download page and it told me either my phone wasn't supported, or could not be recognized. However there was a link to the right that said did I want to install it anyways. Went ahead and installed it to My Storage. Program opened as soon as it finished installing.

Tried the voice find option. It asked me if it was OK to use my location information, which I said Yes. It sat on finding location forever before I finally that. I'm guessing the primary location tool is the GPS, NOT the aGPS which uses cell towers too (I'm inside my house and always have problems locking onto satellites).

Next, I tried the voice find by saying "Find Pizza Parlors in Albany, California." It did its search and cam up with only ONE parlor...and the craziest thing was that it was located in Petaluma which is about an hour drive from my house. I did the search again and this time it found the Albany Pizza Company.

Unfortunately, all of a sudden it told me it detected I had an unsupported device and told me to uninstall and reinstall with the older version and promptly closed. I opened it up and did another search, which worked fine, only to get the same msg about not being a supported phone and it closed again about 15 seconds later.

The ROM I'm using is Lioryte's Stock (v2, which is based on 23518 despite what my .sig says).

Bing was apparently released for 6.5 however i can't get it to work because it can't recognize the cooked rom I think. Can someone help. you can download it from m.bing.com/download. Please let me know if you got it to work on your phone and what rom you used.

Guest kdkinc

This what I found on a MS site cab said 6.1 & 6.5.

Playing with it now the about tab does not mention 6.5.

Check it out see what you think ;)

http://mobile.search.live.com/client/download_manual.aspx

Bing.CAB

;) ;)

Guest rtimi28
This what I found on a MS site cab said 6.1 & 6.5.

Playing with it now the about tab does not mention 6.5.

Check it out see what you think ;)

http://mobile.search.live.com/client/download_manual.aspx

Bing.CAB

;) ;)

Yes but I think it is only for non verizon owners since I downloaded it on my wife's blackjack II and it worked fine and everything is smooth. The article on ADVERT LINK REMOVED states that it is only for sprint, T-mobile and At&t. I'm thinking its because verizon has partnered with bing through their app store, but who knows.

Guest kdkinc
Yes but I think it is only for non verizon owners since I downloaded it on my wife's blackjack II and it worked fine and everything is smooth. The article on ADVERT LINK REMOVED states that it is only for sprint, T-mobile and At&t. I'm thinking its because verizon has partnered with bing through their app store, but who knows.

Ok ;)

Please don't tell my Verizon Omnia i920 :P

Still checking it out....has hung a few times but its Bing so what did i expect???/ something good ;) ;)

:P :P

Guest rtimi28
Ok ;)

Please don't tell my Verizon Omnia i920 :P

Still checking it out....has hung a few times but its Bing so what did i expect???/ something good ;) ;)

:P :P

Any hopes yet