What's The Best Video Converter for Omnia 2 ?

Guest triplex76

What conversion settings are best for the Omnia 2 ?

Plz Help

no need for a converter if you use coreplayer...it's not an iphone toy!

Guest cliffco823

I use Auto Gordian Knot. I am not sure the corrent Omnia 2 settings, but I use xvid with NO bigger than 720x480.

Edited by cliffco823

Guest Ender Psp

Plz Help

Depends on what you're looking for. I chose simplicity and good quality, XVID4PSP ;)

Guest FerdiBorbon

too many threads on this already you gotta search.. ill give you a quick breakdown.

AVS Video Converter = Divx 6.8 codec (Super high quality close to lossless, but very large file) i dont mind this

or

XVID4PSP = x264 codec (good quality, bit choppy play, but very small file)

now go and search buddy good luck

Edited by FerdiBorbon

Guest geebox
too many threads on this already you gotta search.. ill give you a quick breakdown.

AVS Video Converter = Divx 6.8 codec (Super high quality close to lossless, but very large file) i dont mind this

or

XVID4PSP = x264 codec (good quality, bit choppy play, but very small file)

now go and search buddy good luck

SUPER C is also a good converter

Guest sinancetinkaya

MeGUI encoder

Always x264 mp4, 500 kbps, 720x400

I8000 has hardware h264 decoding, plays very smooth even cpu is set to low performance

Edited by sinancetinkaya

Guest damienloh

How about a software that can encode from DVD to a format playable on Omnia?

Preferably with subtitle.

Edited by damienloh

Guest cliffco823
How about a software that can encode from DVD to a format playable on Omnia?

Preferably with subtitle.

Thought it is not free. I use DVDFAB. Not sure about the subitles.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Raniie
MeGUI encoder

Always x264 mp4, 500 kbps, 720x400

I8000 has hardware h264 decoding, plays very smooth even cpu is set to low performance

I also use MeGUI, but with Mplayer/Mencoder (for video/audios that MeGUI would run errors into processing).

x264 in MP4 container 720x400 @ up to 2048Kbps @ 23.97fps ~ 30fps (depending on the media type)

American Cartoons; Family Guy, Simpsons, Futurama, South Park, etc (500kpbs ~ 768kbps is enough)

American TV shows; Smallville, 24, House, Two and Half Men, etc (1280kbps ~ 1536kbps)

Animes; Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, etc (1024kbps ~ 1280kbps is enough)

Blu-Ray Action films/movies: Avatar, 2012, Transformer, Advent Child Complete, Appleseed Ex 2007, etc (1536kbps ~ 2048kbps)

Blu-Ray Drama, Comedy flims/movies: I Love U Man, Hangover, New Moon, etc (1536kbps)

Audio w/ FAAC @ 160VBR 44100Hz, Output channels downmix to Stereo. Audio Peak Normalization 100 ~ 150 depending on the audio.

I have "Total" of 48GB of space on my O2, 16GB internal and a Class6 32GB MicroSD. To get that HD-like quality on the handheld device, it is required to go beyond the necessary video bitrate and yes the O2's Touchplayer can handle it even at 3072kbps bitrate, playback is still smooth. Only problem with that high of a bitrate is the increase playback speed feature will not work too well. TV-Out with too high of a bitrate (if bitrate is higher than 1536kbps) will also be choppy on the TV output, but you can fix that if you overclock the O2 to 950~1000mhz. However, the video plays fine at 800mhz on the device itself.

Guest xbongx

Plz Help

Best Converter for Videos on Samsung's and other phones i have

and still its free...

http://www.xmedia-recode.de/

Edited by xbongx

Guest malaysia9966
no need for a converter if you use coreplayer...it's not an iphone toy!

true..u dont need a converter....just use core player.

Guest sinancetinkaya
I also use MeGUI, but with Mplayer/Mencoder (for video/audios that MeGUI would run errors into processing).

x264 in MP4 container 720x400 @ up to 2048Kbps @ 23.97fps ~ 30fps (depending on the media type)

American Cartoons; Family Guy, Simpsons, Futurama, South Park, etc (500kpbs ~ 768kbps is enough)

American TV shows; Smallville, 24, House, Two and Half Men, etc (1280kbps ~ 1536kbps)

Animes; Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, etc (1024kbps ~ 1280kbps is enough)

Blu-Ray Action films/movies: Avatar, 2012, Transformer, Advent Child Complete, Appleseed Ex 2007, etc (1536kbps ~ 2048kbps)

Blu-Ray Drama, Comedy flims/movies: I Love U Man, Hangover, New Moon, etc (1536kbps)

Audio w/ FAAC @ 160VBR 44100Hz, Output channels downmix to Stereo. Audio Peak Normalization 100 ~ 150 depending on the audio.

I have "Total" of 48GB of space on my O2, 16GB internal and a Class6 32GB MicroSD. To get that HD-like quality on the handheld device, it is required to go beyond the necessary video bitrate and yes the O2's Touchplayer can handle it even at 3072kbps bitrate, playback is still smooth. Only problem with that high of a bitrate is the increase playback speed feature will not work too well. TV-Out with too high of a bitrate (if bitrate is higher than 1536kbps) will also be choppy on the TV output, but you can fix that if you overclock the O2 to 950~1000mhz. However, the video plays fine at 800mhz on the device itself.

I had had errors with megui but I solved all of them, check the codecs that you've installed on your computer. http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...e-h264-decoder/

Where did you buy 32gb microSD from ? And how much ?

Guest dexlee

Try use Format Factory. it's free and have good quality. use MP4 720 x 432 resolution using bitrate 1600kbps. it's gave me best result.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest ray1234

seems everyone is still using 720x432 resolution for encoding, forget about the internal hardware decoding, Omnia 2's screen is capable of 800x480, why limit the resolution just because of the hardware decoding limit? For me, I always have problem with the internal player anyway, there is often a distortion bar appearing at the bottom of the screen, not always but it comes out often and it is annoying.

I now use Tmpgenc to encode 800x480 movies at DIVX constant bitrate of 1650kbps using bluray 720p source, using Coreplayer and overclocking my O2 to 960Mhz, my O2 plays the movie silky smooth, and that's at full resolution of the screen! with some DVD rips which has lower resolution after cropping (e.g. 600x360), I don't even need to overclock. The screen resolution has much more details this way than 720x432 movies.

• 6 years later...