Nexus one or Desire

Guest buttonsandzips

Guest buttonsandzips

Hi,

I currently have a Hero and I can now upgrade to a Desire from Orange for a minimal cost. I have been put off HTC a bit by how long they have taken with 2.1 for Hero so would I be better off getting the Desire then selling it and buying an N1 instead? Can I expect more regular updates from Google than from HTC?

Other question is does the N1 have any chance of ever being FM radio enabled? I really miss not having FM radio so the Desire would be good for that but if it might come to N1 that would satisy me...

Cheers

Guest squirreleater
Hi,

I currently have a Hero and I can now upgrade to a Desire from Orange for a minimal cost. I have been put off HTC a bit by how long they have taken with 2.1 for Hero so would I be better off getting the Desire then selling it and buying an N1 instead? Can I expect more regular updates from Google than from HTC?

Other question is does the N1 have any chance of ever being FM radio enabled? I really miss not having FM radio so the Desire would be good for that but if it might come to N1 that would satisy me...

Cheers

In my opionion the Desire is the better phone, and I've a Nexus one!

Your point about updates is why I have the Nexus, got fed up with waiting for 2.1 on the hero ( still.....)

I fancy the Radio will be enabled, it's been quiet of late so I'd expect some interesting news regarding the Nexus soon- possibly the radio will get sorted?

Guest masterpfa
Hi, I currently have a Hero and I can now upgrade to a Desire from Orange for a minimal cost. I have been put off HTC a bit by how long they have taken with 2.1 for Hero so would I be better off getting the Desire then selling it and buying an N1 instead? Can I expect more regular updates from Google than from HTC?

I will be in the same position as you shortly, a Desire on contract but have to suffer any update issues or Nexus 1 which I would prefer! I think finances alone will determine it for me.

Guest buttonsandzips
I will be in the same position as you shortly, a Desire on contract but have to suffer any update issues or Nexus 1 which I would prefer! I think finances alone will determine it for me.

I think if you sold a brand new desire on ebay it would finance most of an N1, that would be my plan. I am getting impatient though so I could just shell out for the N1 today where as I will have to wait a few weeks to get the Desire as an upgrade from Orange....

That said no flights into here still so must be quite a backlog of post so the N1 could take a while too!

Guest Jonnyw2k

Well I have both and its entirely upto you what you want to do.

Nexus one easier to root etc.. feels slightly faster to use, and you can install an alpha of the desire onto the nexus anyway.

Desire more of an everyday phone, better raido quality(in my opinion), optical trackball and buttons seem alot nicer to use, Impressed sofar by HTC Sense(andeveything that goes with it, but this is avialible on the nexus one)

To be fair they are both amazing phones, I prefer the desire based on looks and feel, I could go on all day stating one phone has things better than the other.

It may aldo be worth waiting around to see if the HTC Incredible turns out to be any good.