297 replies to this topic

robertjm

robertjm

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i910
Where are you trying to install it to? Try Device, if you're not doing so already. Some programs have issues with installing/running from MyStorage or StorageCard.

Xcapone, I tried installing TCPMP, but getting error "installation unsuccessful. Do not have sufficient permission." Any idea?

HTC Thunderbolt with SynergyROM Nighties
Samsung Omnia i910 with thekevster's M2D WM 6.5 ROM v3 DC22/23563 (retired)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Fujitsu AH531 laptop (home)
Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin 64bit desktop (home)
rooted Barnes & Noble Nook Color

xcapone

xcapone

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Devices:OMNIA
Try this one. http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=380387
i chose the second file included in the zip, but i enie meanie miny mowed (:
down there at the bottom, hopefully you have an xda account.

unfortunately dont have any mkv files.

xcapone

xcapone

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
i did manage to download a couple .mkv's
first thing i realized is TCPMP doesnt like to play .mkv either.
next thing i noticed once i downloaded a newer version of core player off coreplayer.com
that it doesn't like HD files, nothing over 1007 pixels or something weird like that.
it does however, play standard quality.

pm me your email, well see what we can do about that price :)

Edited by xcapone, 10 July 2010 - 12:12 AM.

xcapone

xcapone

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Hey Kev, I know your not cookin much anymore, but I recently realized SRS WOWHD refuses to run on your M2D.
Says something about sound drivers.

Just thought I'd let you know. :)

Thanks again, thats just about the only issue with your roms i've ever found.

Edited by xcapone, 11 July 2010 - 02:41 AM.

iBond007

iBond007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910

Where are you trying to install it to? Try Device, if you're not doing so already. Some programs have issues with installing/running from MyStorage or StorageCard.

Robertjm, i tried to install under device, still same error. Cannot install.

Thank you.

poseiden79

poseiden79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:VZ Samsung Omnia i910
  • Twitter:@poseiden79
@thekevster Okay, I downloaded and just flashed my phone to the FLASH_flotan_new image. Phone got flashed just fine, but now I am running into problems where the phone is frozen at the Orange and Red Windows screen during its first initial boot up about a successful flash.

I have soft reset the phone several times and to no avail. Every time it stops at the same Red/Orange windows screen. After about 10 minutes of waiting, I tapped the phone screen and the desktop finally showed up. I will play through it to see if there are any other issues I may find. But I really do like this image.

Keep up the good work.

xcapone

xcapone

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
happens any time you flash to a new rom, just tap the top.

poseiden79

poseiden79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hey everyone. Okay so I just installed the new FLOTAN_new image to my phone. The one problem I found so far is that the bluetooth discovery can't find my headset. Anyone else who has this version of FLOTAN installed running into this or is there something I am not doing? I have the bluetooth turned on and discoverable. Yet I can't get my phone to find my headset. :D :( :angry: :D ;)

iBond007

iBond007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910

Hey everyone. Okay so I just installed the new FLOTAN_new image to my phone. The one problem I found so far is that the bluetooth discovery can't find my headset. Anyone else who has this version of FLOTAN installed running into this or is there something I am not doing? I have the bluetooth turned on and discoverable. Yet I can't get my phone to find my headset. :D :( :angry: :D ;)

I m using Flo_new without any bluetooth issue. Works with my headset and in the car.

Thank you.

poseiden79

poseiden79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

I m using Flo_new without any bluetooth issue. Works with my headset and in the car.

Grrr. Well this is really annoying. I am using a Jawbone Icon as my bluetooth. Everything I do, I can't get my phone to see the Icon. Apparently I can discover other bluetooth enabled devices around, but so far am still unable to discover my Icon. Am I going to have to flash my phone again and re-install the image to try and correct the problem? Anyone have any ideas?

poseiden79

poseiden79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
;) :angry: :D Well I just went back through and flashed my phone to the flotan_new image again in hopes that that would fix it and to no avail. I really don't understand what is going on. I really need this to be working. I drive like 80 miles round trip every day for work in a manual transmission ride. I need both hands. Anyone have any ideas of something I can try or do to get this working?

xcapone

xcapone

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
different rom? kev hasn't been around much.

poseiden79

poseiden79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

:D :D ;) Well I just went back through and flashed my phone to the flotan_new image again in hopes that that would fix it and to no avail. I really don't understand what is going on. I really need this to be working. I drive like 80 miles round trip every day for work in a manual transmission ride. I need both hands. Anyone have any ideas of something I can try or do to get this working?

Well, I am thinking until an answer can be found to this that I am going to go back to the version 2 ROM of flotan and keep that on my phone until I see an answer to my bluetooth issue here. This really sucks. :angry:

poseiden79

poseiden79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
The phone i am trying to flash is a "refurbished like new" samsung omnia from Verizon. Could it be that this new phone has an issue already with the bluetooth capability of it not working right or could it be something else?

poseiden79

poseiden79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

The phone i am trying to flash is a "refurbished like new" samsung omnia from Verizon. Could it be that this new phone has an issue already with the bluetooth capability of it not working right or could it be something else?

Well I flashed the phone back to the stock DC22 rom and tried to connect my bluetooth headset in that version and to no avail. I really think there is an issue with the bluetooth discovery on this refurbed phone itself.

xcapone

xcapone

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Its very possible. I got a refurb with a bad battery once. Take it in to verizon see if they can do anything for you, bluetooth is one of the only features thats mandatory by law (well at least in california)

edit: you did say it saw other things though right? maybe its your device?

Edited by xcapone, 15 July 2010 - 01:40 AM.

poseiden79

poseiden79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Its very possible. I got a refurb with a bad battery once. Take it in to verizon see if they can do anything for you, bluetooth is one of the only features thats mandatory by law (well at least in california)

edit: you did say it saw other things though right? maybe its your device?

I got really lucky. It turns out that as I was trying to get my bluetooth in to discovery mode and it was not getting to that point so my bluetooth was always just on and not in discovery mode. Called VZW tech support and it got all fixed. Phew!!! :angry: So so far I don't see any problems with flotan_new yet either. Keep it up kev.

Prohorizon

Prohorizon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Omnia
Dear Kind Sir,

I currently have on my Omnia i910 Rom version S:i910.10 V.CF03.2090 CE OS 5.2.23515 (Build 23518.5.5.0). I flashed it last year 2009 in September. It's been working great except for a few minor things that don't really bother me. However, I'm interested in yours. I know I have to convert to DC22 first in order to flash your nice work into my device. But I was wondering, would I be better off just finding a newer build for the CF0 format? Where can I find a newer ROM for CF03? Is it relatively safe to go to DC22 from CF03? Thank you for you time & help. God bless you.Newest Roms for i910 July 2010

thinmints1

thinmints1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Kev,

Awesome ROM! This was my first experience flashing with a 6.5 ROM and I must say...well done sir!! I have a question, and maybe the group can answer, but how can I add other items to the Home screen? I was looking to add 'CONTACTS' for one. Also, can I change the default 'FAVORITES' on the Home screen to point to Opera bookmarks and not IE faves?

Another thing I've noticed in Flotanium v3 from Flo v2 (flashed my Omnia i910 first with v2 before I flashed my wife's i910 with v3) is that when in TouchFlo on v3, if I select TODAY it brings up the phone keypad and not the today screen. I had to map a shortcut through Start Menu\Programs to TFDetacher\Close TouchFlo. Not really a big deal, just wanted to know if anyone else has seen this issue with Flotanium v3?

Thanks again kev for a solid ROM experience and keep up the good work!

xcapone

xcapone

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Another thing I've noticed in Flotanium v3 from Flo v2 (flashed my Omnia i910 first with v2 before I flashed my wife's i910 with v3) is that when in TouchFlo on v3, if I select TODAY it brings up the phone keypad and not the today screen. I had to map a shortcut through Start Menu\Programs to TFDetacher\Close TouchFlo. Not really a big deal, just wanted to know if anyone else has seen this issue with Flotanium v3?

Go into M2DC>Softkeys
and select what you want them to do.

Settings must of broke somehow.

as for the other question, seems like a titanium issue, and I've never really gotten into titanium.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users