297 replies to this topic

iBond007

iBond007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910

Dear Kind Sir,

I currently have on my Omnia i910 Rom version S:i910.10 V.CF03.2090 CE OS 5.2.23515 (Build 23518.5.5.0). I flashed it last year 2009 in September. It's been working great except for a few minor things that don't really bother me. However, I'm interested in yours. I know I have to convert to DC22 first in order to flash your nice work into my device. But I was wondering, would I be better off just finding a newer build for the CF0 format? Where can I find a newer ROM for CF03? Is it relatively safe to go to DC22 from CF03? Thank you for you time & help. God bless you.Newest Roms for i910 July 2010

Link to CF03 ROMs:
http://www.modaco.co...6-5-roms-23541/

Thank you.

ocnitsa

ocnitsa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:omnia i910
Let me just say this was my first time flashing a custom ROM and I love the outcome...I'm using the flotanium version...one thing I wanted to ask about was Office Mobile 2010...It was listed in the notes, but I can't seem to find it anywhere in the phone...am I missing something?

Thanks!
Paul

xcapone

xcapone

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Devices:OMNIA

Let me just say this was my first time flashing a custom ROM and I love the outcome...I'm using the flotanium version...one thing I wanted to ask about was Office Mobile 2010...It was listed in the notes, but I can't seem to find it anywhere in the phone...am I missing something?

Thanks!
Paul

You're probably using the outdated version.

ocnitsa

ocnitsa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

You're probably using the outdated version.

I'm using the flotaniumv2 from the first page of the thread...isn't that the newest?

xcapone

xcapone

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Devices:OMNIA
This was the last build he did. V3. http://www.4shared.c...flotan_new.html

V2 is listed under "Archive" on the first page.

iBond007

iBond007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Is there a link where I can learn how to use CHome Editor and MortScripts?
Where can I find .exe for camera on my device?

Thank you.

lioryte

lioryte

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910/ Droid Incredible
  • Twitter:@lioryte

Is there a link where I can learn how to use CHome Editor and MortScripts?
Where can I find .exe for camera on my device?

showaco's CHome Editor

Mort's Home Page
xda MortScript examples

Camera's .exe is at your windows folder, you'll need something like resco explorer or total commander to access.

Android Stuff

Posted Image

Lioryte ROM+Kernel (α)

WM Stuff (Retired)

Posted Image

More titanium weather icons HERE|||WQVGA only themes HERE||| CTheme Changer HERE|||

If you like my stuff you can Donate

ocnitsa

ocnitsa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

This was the last build he did. V3. http://www.4shared.c...flotan_new.html

V2 is listed under "Archive" on the first page.

That would explain it. Thanks for being patient...

shagmasterk

shagmasterk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i910
  • Twitter:@-
Hello All -
first time poster here - loving the M2D ROM. Nice work Kevster (wherever you are)! Thanks to all who have posted some great info on how to tweak things on this ROM, too.

A small issue i encountered today for the first time is that there doesn't seem to be a landscape image of the background for the main M2D screens. When you rotate 90 degrees, the bg image is all squashed and cut off over on the left side. Also the title bar across the top cuts off part way across. Anyone else notice this?

I saw Kev had posted those 2 images, portrait & landscape, way back on an earlier page of this thread, but in the M2DC settings, there seems to be only one image you can select for the background. I dig the bg image that's there so I didn't try replacing it 'cos i didn't want to lose it as I saw one poster had done. I was about to copy those 2 images to my windows folder as Kev suggested, but they appear to be slightly smaller than the original, and I wasn't sure if they'd be stretched to fill up the screen. Not exactly sure how all that works.

If anyone's already monkeyed with those images, I'd appreciate any info you can give.

danielnorman

danielnorman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Incredible Rom. Great Job. Newbie question...

I'm sort of a newbie and was wondering what version of MD2 is installed in this rom? And Second, what themes are compatible. I have installed several MD2 themes from this site and they all appear to be seriously screwed up when manila starts or it won't start at all. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

danielnorman

danielnorman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Incredible Rom. Great Job. Newbie question...

I'm sort of a newbie and was wondering what version of MD2 is installed in this rom? And Second, what themes are compatible. I have installed several MD2 themes from this site and they all appear to be seriously screwed up when manila starts or it won't start at all. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

iBond007

iBond007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

showaco's CHome Editor

Mort's Home Page
xda MortScript examples

Camera's .exe is at your windows folder, you'll need something like resco explorer or total commander to access.

Thank you.

Thank you.

.Ejekt

.Ejekt

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia SCH-i910
M2D only link is down. Any chance someone could re-up it? Wanna try out this ROM.

Never mind. Just copy & pasted the link into my browser and I got it.

Edited by .Ejekt, 30 July 2010 - 06:26 PM.

viogrep

viogrep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
i just got my omnia last friday perfect. couldnt love a phone more. i also installed your rom a day later after upgrading to dc22. fiirst day everything worked fine. but now my camera wont snap pictures with the camera button. i can assign camera or camera hold to launch the camera fine, but the button doesn't snap pictures feom inside.

sorry for the punctuation. typing this on my phone during lunch.

iBond007

iBond007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Hello,
Is Kevster cooking something or did he move on to Android? I am waiting for his next best ROM.
Seems like this forum is getting quiet ... where is everybodyyyyyyyyy???????

Thank you.

Raziel13

Raziel13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Omnia
Hey guys, flashed my Omnia with the M2D Rom, quite nice.

Everything seems to work except when I swipe touch the screen nothing happens, if I swipe the bar at the bottom it works, just not the main portion of the screen.

May be wrong, but isn't it supposed to be able to be swiped left or right from any screen? is this a setting somewhere I can change?

Thanks to all those still keeping the fight going on the omnia

soccerdon1981

soccerdon1981

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910, Samsung Fascinate

Hey guys, flashed my Omnia with the M2D Rom, quite nice.

Everything seems to work except when I swipe touch the screen nothing happens, if I swipe the bar at the bottom it works, just not the main portion of the screen.

May be wrong, but isn't it supposed to be able to be swiped left or right from any screen? is this a setting somewhere I can change?

Thanks to all those still keeping the fight going on the omnia

M2D - the only way to move from page to page is using the bar at the bottom. Not swiping left to right/right to left.

I just flashed the M2D rom yesterday. Played with it all night and I'm having problems with the TellMe app that was cooked in. It starts up and then crashes almost instantly. Thoughts? Opera 10 still isn't working when I click the big world on the internet tab. It works everywhere else though. Opera 10 is working on the big world portion now. Just closed TouchFLO and set Opera 10 as the default browser then restarted TouchFLO. Zing...

That's it! Just two one issues! Nice...!!

Thanks to this huge thread, I was able to update the internet tab page with youtube and a few other apps on that page too. I love this ROM...and I usually only like naked roms! You guys really know your s***.

Thanks kevster

Edited by soccerdon1981, 10 September 2010 - 04:01 AM.

coobullets

coobullets

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:samsung omnia
I just flash my omnia with Flotanium before I update it to DF14. It looks great but it has a few problems. The backlight does not automatically turn off even though I have set it to turn off in 10 seconds. therefore the battery only last less than 12 hours on standby. If I use it to listen to music, it will only last an hour. When I enable the motion sensor and held the phone on the side way, the screen is still in portrait mode and only show top half. Does anyone has an answer for these?

robertjm

robertjm

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i910
Hi all!

I've been away for a while as once I got a stable phone using this ROM, I figured why spend the time to keep changing things around?

Anyways, I checked in to see if someone had answered a thread I started and saw that there's a new official ROM out from Verizon/Samsung, DF14.

Oh boy!! Something new to play with, but lack of practice this summer has got me confused here. Lioryte says it's only the modem that's been updated. When I looked for custom ROM based on DF14 I really didn't see anything listed. However, there are people using it in custom ROMS. Are people first flashing the stock ROM and then flashing the custom ROM over the top of it, retaining the new modem? I thought the modem was part of the custom ROM package, right? If so, then the custom ROM would just wipe out the stock ROM I'd flashed.

What's the best way to get DF14 flashed, and retain all the customized goodness of theKevster's M2D ROM?

Later,

Robert

HTC Thunderbolt with SynergyROM Nighties
Samsung Omnia i910 with thekevster's M2D WM 6.5 ROM v3 DC22/23563 (retired)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Fujitsu AH531 laptop (home)
Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin 64bit desktop (home)
rooted Barnes & Noble Nook Color

EBourlet

EBourlet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:i730

Hi all!

I've been away for a while as once I got a stable phone using this ROM, I figured why spend the time to keep changing things around?

Anyways, I checked in to see if someone had answered a thread I started and saw that there's a new official ROM out from Verizon/Samsung, DF14.

Oh boy!! Something new to play with, but lack of practice this summer has got me confused here. Lioryte says it's only the modem that's been updated. When I looked for custom ROM based on DF14 I really didn't see anything listed. However, there are people using it in custom ROMS. Are people first flashing the stock ROM and then flashing the custom ROM over the top of it, retaining the new modem? I thought the modem was part of the custom ROM package, right? If so, then the custom ROM would just wipe out the stock ROM I'd flashed.

What's the best way to get DF14 flashed, and retain all the customized goodness of theKevster's M2D ROM?

Later,

Robert

I flashed back to a stock DC22 ROM then used the Verizon update to update to DF14. I then just used the DC22 cooked roms. I am a novice at this but read that the DC22 ROMs work with DF14 as the only thing DF14 did was fix a modem problem not the PIM. So far the ROM I am using is working fine. I did switch to the WarMikes ROM though. I had problems getting thekevester's to work and after flashing WarMikes I liked it better any way. It had more of the features I like to use cooked in.

Edited by EBourlet, 20 September 2010 - 07:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users