• Please log in to reply
297 replies to this topic

Micallen

Micallen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i910
I guess the FM Radio issue was never figured out? I love this ROM otherwise.

Can someone suggest a good, stable ROM that the FM Radio still works in? That's one of the reasons I chose an Omnia.

Thanks,

fmradio

fmradio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:i910
Hi, I am a newbie. Just flashed my i910 with thekevster's M2D posted on this thread. Wondering if I can get FMRadio work somehow. Thanks.

jraynor

jraynor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:i910
Hey guys sadly i tried everything to get this radio working, and it doesnt. I have used other custom roms where it does work, so just keep trying i guess or find a .cab file for the radio where you transfer it and install through explorer in your phone. However because the radio is cooked it i dont think that'll work.

As for the verizon update i put up some info about it and have a list of the "apps" it has if interested, but it is 6.1 opposed to 6.5.5 which is what this rom is i think?

http://www.modaco.co...s/#entry1399337

Another DC22 rom i like with an action screen, almost same build 23557

http://omniarom.com/...hp?topic=2036.0

Hopefully ill start building some..!

Micallen

Micallen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Hey guys sadly i tried everything to get this radio working, and it doesnt. I have used other custom roms where it does work, so just keep trying i guess or find a .cab file for the radio where you transfer it and install through explorer in your phone. However because the radio is cooked it i dont think that'll work.

As for the verizon update i put up some info about it and have a list of the "apps" it has if interested, but it is 6.1 opposed to 6.5.5 which is what this rom is i think?

http://www.modaco.co...s/#entry1399337
Another DC22 rom i like with an action screen, almost same build 23557

http://omniarom.com/...hp?topic=2036.0

Hopefully ill start building some..!

Is there anyone still building new ROMS, or have ALL the chefs retired?

robertjm

robertjm

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
They haven't retired. They've graduated to Android phones :lol:

Is there anyone still building new ROMS, or have ALL the chefs retired?

HTC Thunderbolt with SynergyROM Nighties
Samsung Omnia i910 with thekevster's M2D WM 6.5 ROM v3 DC22/23563 (retired)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Fujitsu AH531 laptop (home)
Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin 64bit desktop (home)
rooted Barnes & Noble Nook Color

Micallen

Micallen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

They haven't retired. They've graduated to Android phones :lol:

Are there still any cooking Omnia Roms?

SBL_

SBL_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:whatev
Hey Kev, I just wanted to thank you for this ROM. It's just what I was looking for- slimmed down, fast, with a lot of functionality. :rolleyes:

thekevster

thekevster

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
I will officially no longer be cooking for the i910. I've been on a several month hiatus, and the other day I finally made the switch to Android. Now I realize just how shitty the Omnia was lol. Thanks to everybody who supported me and tested my ROMs for me. It was fun while it lasted.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones that are worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Posted Image

The Eleven

The Eleven

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia
So which phone did you go with? I'm heading towards the X even with the bootloader issue. I know somone will crack, if they haven't already. Thanks for all you've done here with the i910.

!!

b

I will officially no longer be cooking for the i910. I've been on a several month hiatus, and the other day I finally made the switch to Android. Now I realize just how shitty the Omnia was lol. Thanks to everybody who supported me and tested my ROMs for me. It was fun while it lasted.

Micallen

Micallen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

I'm there with you. I flashed my Omnia to a stock ROM and put it on EBAY. I'll have a Droid Eris by this weekend.

Edited by Micallen, 15 December 2010 - 04:10 PM.

thekevster

thekevster

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
I ended up going with the Droid 1. I bought my friends iPhone 3GS a few months ago to use as an iPod and to connect to wifi, then I decided to sell it and get a Droid since I'm on my parents' plan and they aren't planning on upgrading anytime soon.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones that are worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Posted Image

gorf1000

gorf1000

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

I ended up going with the Droid 1. I bought my friends iPhone 3GS a few months ago to use as an iPod and to connect to wifi, then I decided to sell it and get a Droid since I'm on my parents' plan and they aren't planning on upgrading anytime soon.

Thanks for all your hard work Kev! I'm still using your ROM until I can upgrade my plan in February (I'm holding out for my new for two and hopefully a 4G phone!). The Omnia is definitely nothing compared to the current high end phones but I still think it's a pretty good little phone especially for how old it is at this point.

lbartik

lbartik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:omnia i910
Deleted (double post)

Edited by lbartik, 18 December 2010 - 07:03 PM.

lbartik

lbartik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:omnia i910
I'd like to reflash w/ this rom but I'm not doing it until I can get my NAM settings written down. Is it possible my phone is screwed up? Every time I try *772, **772, #772, ##772, it just tries to dial out? What's the secret? I've dug around pretty thoroughly to no end.

Fa310tx

Fa310tx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
What is the X button that is used in this rom?
I like that it actually closes programs.
JJ

Fa310tx

Fa310tx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Could I get your OEM/EXT for wifi router?
Yours is the only rom (including my own and .cab) that wifi routing has worked on my phone.
JJ

Edited by Fa310tx, 21 January 2011 - 08:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users