thekevster's DC22 6.5 ROMs 23563

Guest thekevster

Guest Raziel13

Hey guys, flashed my Omnia with the M2D Rom, quite nice.

Everything seems to work except when I swipe touch the screen nothing happens, if I swipe the bar at the bottom it works, just not the main portion of the screen.

May be wrong, but isn't it supposed to be able to be swiped left or right from any screen? is this a setting somewhere I can change?

Thanks to all those still keeping the fight going on the omnia

• 4 weeks later...
Guest soccerdon1981
Hey guys, flashed my Omnia with the M2D Rom, quite nice.

Everything seems to work except when I swipe touch the screen nothing happens, if I swipe the bar at the bottom it works, just not the main portion of the screen.

May be wrong, but isn't it supposed to be able to be swiped left or right from any screen? is this a setting somewhere I can change?

Thanks to all those still keeping the fight going on the omnia

M2D - the only way to move from page to page is using the bar at the bottom. Not swiping left to right/right to left.

I just flashed the M2D rom yesterday. Played with it all night and I'm having problems with the TellMe app that was cooked in. It starts up and then crashes almost instantly. Thoughts? Opera 10 still isn't working when I click the big world on the internet tab. It works everywhere else though. Opera 10 is working on the big world portion now. Just closed TouchFLO and set Opera 10 as the default browser then restarted TouchFLO. Zing...

That's it! Just two one issues! Nice...!!

Thanks to this huge thread, I was able to update the internet tab page with youtube and a few other apps on that page too. I love this ROM...and I usually only like naked roms! You guys really know your s***.

Thanks kevster

Edited by soccerdon1981

• 2 weeks later...
Guest coobullets

I just flash my omnia with Flotanium before I update it to DF14. It looks great but it has a few problems. The backlight does not automatically turn off even though I have set it to turn off in 10 seconds. therefore the battery only last less than 12 hours on standby. If I use it to listen to music, it will only last an hour. When I enable the motion sensor and held the phone on the side way, the screen is still in portrait mode and only show top half. Does anyone has an answer for these?

Guest robertjm

Hi all!

I've been away for a while as once I got a stable phone using this ROM, I figured why spend the time to keep changing things around?

Anyways, I checked in to see if someone had answered a thread I started and saw that there's a new official ROM out from Verizon/Samsung, DF14.

Oh boy!! Something new to play with, but lack of practice this summer has got me confused here. Lioryte says it's only the modem that's been updated. When I looked for custom ROM based on DF14 I really didn't see anything listed. However, there are people using it in custom ROMS. Are people first flashing the stock ROM and then flashing the custom ROM over the top of it, retaining the new modem? I thought the modem was part of the custom ROM package, right? If so, then the custom ROM would just wipe out the stock ROM I'd flashed.

What's the best way to get DF14 flashed, and retain all the customized goodness of theKevster's M2D ROM?

Later,

Robert

Guest EBourlet
Hi all!

I've been away for a while as once I got a stable phone using this ROM, I figured why spend the time to keep changing things around?

Anyways, I checked in to see if someone had answered a thread I started and saw that there's a new official ROM out from Verizon/Samsung, DF14.

Oh boy!! Something new to play with, but lack of practice this summer has got me confused here. Lioryte says it's only the modem that's been updated. When I looked for custom ROM based on DF14 I really didn't see anything listed. However, there are people using it in custom ROMS. Are people first flashing the stock ROM and then flashing the custom ROM over the top of it, retaining the new modem? I thought the modem was part of the custom ROM package, right? If so, then the custom ROM would just wipe out the stock ROM I'd flashed.

What's the best way to get DF14 flashed, and retain all the customized goodness of theKevster's M2D ROM?

Later,

Robert

I flashed back to a stock DC22 ROM then used the Verizon update to update to DF14. I then just used the DC22 cooked roms. I am a novice at this but read that the DC22 ROMs work with DF14 as the only thing DF14 did was fix a modem problem not the PIM. So far the ROM I am using is working fine. I did switch to the WarMikes ROM though. I had problems getting thekevester's to work and after flashing WarMikes I liked it better any way. It had more of the features I like to use cooked in.

Edited by EBourlet

Guest Micallen

I guess the FM Radio issue was never figured out? I love this ROM otherwise.

Can someone suggest a good, stable ROM that the FM Radio still works in? That's one of the reasons I chose an Omnia.

Thanks,

Hey guys sadly i tried everything to get this radio working, and it doesnt. I have used other custom roms where it does work, so just keep trying i guess or find a .cab file for the radio where you transfer it and install through explorer in your phone. However because the radio is cooked it i dont think that'll work.

As for the verizon update i put up some info about it and have a list of the "apps" it has if interested, but it is 6.1 opposed to 6.5.5 which is what this rom is i think?

http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specifi...s/#entry1399337

Another DC22 rom i like with an action screen, almost same build 23557

http://omniarom.com/forum/index.php?topic=2036.0

Hopefully ill start building some..!

Guest Micallen
Hey guys sadly i tried everything to get this radio working, and it doesnt. I have used other custom roms where it does work, so just keep trying i guess or find a .cab file for the radio where you transfer it and install through explorer in your phone. However because the radio is cooked it i dont think that'll work.

As for the verizon update i put up some info about it and have a list of the "apps" it has if interested, but it is 6.1 opposed to 6.5.5 which is what this rom is i think?

http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specifi...s/#entry1399337

Another DC22 rom i like with an action screen, almost same build 23557

http://omniarom.com/forum/index.php?topic=2036.0

Hopefully ill start building some..!

Is there anyone still building new ROMS, or have ALL the chefs retired?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest thekevster

I will officially no longer be cooking for the i910. I've been on a several month hiatus, and the other day I finally made the switch to Android. Now I realize just how shitty the Omnia was lol. Thanks to everybody who supported me and tested my ROMs for me. It was fun while it lasted.

Guest The Eleven

So which phone did you go with? I'm heading towards the X even with the bootloader issue. I know somone will crack, if they haven't already. Thanks for all you've done here with the i910.

!!

b

I will officially no longer be cooking for the i910. I've been on a several month hiatus, and the other day I finally made the switch to Android. Now I realize just how shitty the Omnia was lol. Thanks to everybody who supported me and tested my ROMs for me. It was fun while it lasted.

Guest Micallen

I'm there with you. I flashed my Omnia to a stock ROM and put it on EBAY. I'll have a Droid Eris by this weekend.

Edited by Micallen

Guest thekevster

I ended up going with the Droid 1. I bought my friends iPhone 3GS a few months ago to use as an iPod and to connect to wifi, then I decided to sell it and get a Droid since I'm on my parents' plan and they aren't planning on upgrading anytime soon.

Guest gorf1000
I ended up going with the Droid 1. I bought my friends iPhone 3GS a few months ago to use as an iPod and to connect to wifi, then I decided to sell it and get a Droid since I'm on my parents' plan and they aren't planning on upgrading anytime soon.

Thanks for all your hard work Kev! I'm still using your ROM until I can upgrade my plan in February (I'm holding out for my new for two and hopefully a 4G phone!). The Omnia is definitely nothing compared to the current high end phones but I still think it's a pretty good little phone especially for how old it is at this point.

Guest lbartik

I'd like to reflash w/ this rom but I'm not doing it until I can get my NAM settings written down. Is it possible my phone is screwed up? Every time I try *772, **772, #772, ##772, it just tries to dial out? What's the secret? I've dug around pretty thoroughly to no end.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Fa310tx

Could I get your OEM/EXT for wifi router?

Yours is the only rom (including my own and .cab) that wifi routing has worked on my phone.

JJ

Edited by Fa310tx