Official B7610NXXJC2 ROM available

Guest Davka

Guest gkirev
GPS XTRA is included in this ROM! its under network settings-GPS :huh:

No, it's not, Assist GPS is not the same as GPS XTRA, as with GPS XTRA you can download the sattellite data over Wi-Fi/ActiveSync. You cannot do this with Assist GPS>

when you say gps extra is missing, and you can get that data from somewhere else, WHERE???????????????

I wrote a manual on how to do this a few months ago already. Check the attachment.

GPS_XTRA.rar

Guest .:stn:.

gps x-tra is someteimes called a-gps depending on a country I've seen it on other ROM.

It may be that availability is due to language/version selected in CSC.

I have this ROM and it definitely is included. But i didn't use new CSC, just retained the old one.

pda:(n)xxjc2

phn:xxjc1

csc:(n)xeoil4

Guest Mildew
Nevertheless I have one problem: the alarm clock doesn't go off. Anyone else with the same problem?

I woke up late because of this! I found a solution. Delete all the "wake up alarm" and just use the "alarm" option, that one works. Just rename it to "wake up alarm".

@daskalos

Right now uploading. (and trying to sleep too, if I wake up in the middle of night, I will post the link).

Edited by 20x

Guest gkirev
I woke up late because of this! I found a solution. Delete all the "wake up alarm" and just use the "alarm" option, that one works. Just rename it to "wake up alarm".

Thanks for the tip! It works by me too.

Guest zakuboyle

I found problem with RSS Reader in this ROM. After I updated RSS, it shown new items, but I browsed into the program, it shown nothing.

Anyway, at the SS Today RSS, All items were shown and i could read from SS Today.

About the alarm clock, i also experienced, i could solve as suggestion in above reply.

Guest daskalos

I have tweaked this ROM to have 155mb free Storage and 80mb free RAM (with Windows Chome as Today Screen), 90mb if dialer is disabled, while still being a full ROM

Applied some tweaks to make it faster too..

Just monitoring how well it manages RAM, and if all is ok, I'm gonna release it...

Who wants it :huh:

Update:

Hmmm memory management of this official rom is not good

from 80mb it goes down to 75mb and after 15 mins 55mb

Need to modify it a bit

Edited by daskalos

Guest FaTa1-Err0r
I have tweaked this ROM to have 155mb free Storage and 80mb free RAM (with Windows Chome as Today Screen), 90mb if dialer is disabled, while still being a full ROM

Just monitoring how well it manages RAM, and if all is ok, I'm gonna release it...

Update:

Need to modify it a bit

Singing up for testing :-)

Love your other ROMs, still running Lenten Build ;-) But if it can go faster, I'm game!! :-)

Guest jappoman

This rom has the camera bad color prolbem... the color are too "lightly" , bad rendered and the images are not defined :huh: has someone a solution for this issue? thx in advice!

Guest daskalos
This rom has the camera bad color prolbem... the color are too "lightly" , bad rendered and the images are not defined :P has someone a solution for this issue? thx in advice!

Anyway, which ROM has no bad color problem? :huh:

Guest jappoman

And also the WM 6.5 21868.5.0.69 build (official italian vodafone rom) hasn't any kind of color problem. I've update from this rom and i've immediately saw the difference ... :huh:

Guest daskalos
And also the WM 6.5 21868.5.0.69 build (official italian vodafone rom) hasn't any kind of color problem. I've update from this rom and i've immediately saw the difference ... :huh:

Hmmm, ill try to swap camera drivers from 6.1, let me see if it will solve it

Guest daskalos

Update:

Need to modify it a bit

Update:

From tweaking it a bit, memory management is now stable at 70mb + in standby ( with slide lock enabled)

Programs now doesn't auto close at below 30mb...it closes at 18mb, and will close a program until it reaches 20mb

Now experimenting on the "bad color" thingy :P

Edited by daskalos

Guest Cicis
Update:

From tweaking it a bit, memory management is now stable at 70mb + in standby ( with slide lock enabled)

Programs now doesn't auto close at below 30mb...it closes at 18mb, and will close a program until it reaches 20mb

Now experimenting on the "bad color" thingy :huh:

hope your experiment goes well.. :P

DSC-0286.JPG?et=XIQgLhIL4Q3H3rAoA2kQAg&nmid=217125001

Edited by Cicis

Guest daskalos

@Cicis or anyone that know the "bad color" thing....

Can you check this sample video I uploaded, it's a short DIVX 720x480 video with my modified ROM, can you check if there's still there's a bad color thingy or is it better or worse etc.

Guest cappuccina

OK finally I also flashed this ROM and I'm so happy with it. My Heart was bumping while flashing cause I flashed eboot, pda and phone but everything went just fine! :blink:

I really like the messaging improvement, you are able to type so fast now, this is what we wanted from start :o

Also I have to say, if there is still somebody having problems with wifi connections caused by DLink router, with this ROM it seems to be solved. For the first time since I have this phone I was able to use Opera or Internet Explorer and open Websites. Although I still have no stable connection. :P

Also what I noticed is that right after start you have about 80 mb ram but you can really see in seconds it drops down to about 66mb ... using resco today plugin.

:huh:

With this colour problem I'm not really sure, Sometimes you still have the feeling its there, though I'm not sure. I only recognize it sometimes when making pictures not when watching videos....in the picture preview right after you took it, the photo is really poor quality (specially the black or darker areas) but when you open it up with the picture viewer, or any photo manager, you can't tell, its almost normal. The only disadvantage is that you are confused wether you took a nice picture or not:-)

From what I can tell after I saw the youtube video there is no problem, but I will test your new ROM and give a feedback.

Guest indivx

Has anybody upgraded from 6.1 to 6.5 using this official JC2 rom without using its CSC. Also somebody mentioned that after flashing Full JC2 rom including its CSC, he managed to change the QWERTY keypad from Swedish to UK English by using the Mode Manager settings.....whether this can be done.........please confirm.

I read somewhere in this forum that when upgrading 6.1 to 6.5 then one should use the whole package (PDA,CSC,EBOOT,PHONE) ........is this true? please help anybody as my current CSC is IJ3 (Win 6.1), if this JC2 rom changes the default UK English keypad to swedish or any other then will this rom upgrade my 7610 if I donot use its CSC instead keep my current IJ3 CSC

Regards,

Indivx