179 replies to this topic

Kaluku

Kaluku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia Pro GT-B7610

Full custom ROM? This one? :huh:

Daskalos U r too jumpy... is this NOT a full original Rom from the manufacturer... if NOT my bad

Davka am simply appreciating the fact that u shared NOT all regions have access new ROMs from Samusug.... so thanks all the same

aeroaddict

aeroaddict

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Omnia pro B7610
okay guys i am using this rom for the past 2 days...and now i can officially announce that this rom is faster than any full roms we had in the past :P ...samsung sms application is way faster than before, all applications and touch response is snappier than before ,most important of all the bad colour problem of the images in image application and videos in the touch player has been fixed, though not completely, but looks way better than any previous 6.5 roms...but the camera still shows bad colours in the dark areas, but once the snap is taken it looks normal....

I have flashed all the files...ie. eboot, PDA, CSC & phone
This is a must upgrade for anyone who has been using any previous roms :huh:

My device :

PDA : B7610NXXJC2
CSC : B7610NXEUIL4
PHONE : B7610XXLC1

Edited by aeroaddict, 28 April 2010 - 05:13 PM.

Trekman168

Trekman168

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:Samsung OmniaPro B7610

Reuploaded, click here to download JC2 ROM

Hi, is this wm6.5.3?

Ignition

Ignition

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

okay guys i am using this rom for the past 2 days...and now i can officially announce that this rom is faster than any full roms we had in the past :huh:

cool.. thanks for the update.. sounds like something worth getting then... will give it a go !

asbud

asbud

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia Pro B7610
waiting for the megalite version.. :huh:

Kaluku

Kaluku

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia Pro GT-B7610

Hi, is this wm6.5.3?

NO ITS 6.5

passion_streak

passion_streak

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Devices:Omnia Pro B7610
i have been using it for abt a week now ... its AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! better screen response, snappier

but i guess it suffers from auto closing bug .. any one experiencing the same prob??
I GUESS ITS COZ OF RAM PROB .. i have only 20 mb or usable ram :huh: dunno where has my ram gone ???????:P

Edited by passion_streak, 28 April 2010 - 06:32 PM.

Sumit Bhardwaj

Sumit Bhardwaj

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia PRO B7610
  • Twitter:@krazy_bout_tech
Anybody having problem with the Samsung Widget interface on this ROM. I am not able to enable more widgets on this ROM by going into Widget Settings. All the additional widget names are displayed in black and if I select even a single one of, all the widgets are gone from the list except for Digital Clock. I dunno why this is happening.
BTW i have only flashed PDA.nb0, other components are from my stock 6.1 ROM. can that cause problem like this?

barki82

barki82

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia Pro B7610
@ Davka or anybody who use Samsung Mobile Firmware Downloader, please can you try to download this:
- GT-B7610_B7610NXXIK6_B7610NIRDIK6_B7610XXIK3_B7610NIRDIK6_XX_IRD
Everytime i download it it begins to decrypt and it stops at 99%, its my ROM version and I would like to have a backup. Thanks in advance

cappuccina

cappuccina

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Devices:Samsung B7610 Omnia Pro
Take a look at this thread, it should be what you are looking for.

http://www.modaco.co...c/#entry1176076

cappuccina

cappuccina

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Devices:Samsung B7610 Omnia Pro

i have been using it for abt a week now ... its AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! better screen response, snappier
but i guess it suffers from auto closing bug .. any one experiencing the same prob??
I GUESS ITS COZ OF RAM PROB .. i have only 20 mb or usable ram :P dunno where has my ram gone ???????:blink:

Have you flashed the whole set or just the pda part? I'm thinking of trying this ROM but i have some doubts flashing the eboot part...

I'm using the Hybrid Rom right now and I'm so used to have the X - Button in the Buttom Bar.

If I now just flash the eboot part only, is it possible and will I see any effect? I would like to see if the colour problem is really improved. Is this related to the eboot part, or should I flash also the PDA part for that? Because I would prefer to stay with the Hybrid 6.5.3 or Megalite and maybe just flash the eboot.
What would you guys advise me to do? Just leave anything as it is? :huh:

ErnstJanF

ErnstJanF

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • Devices:Omnia QWERTY, Galaxy S II
Review

As all of you ask a lot of questions about this ROM, I'm posting my experience from the past few days.

I flashed the whole package. Not just the PDA part...
Just to be clear on this one: I don't know which one, but one of these alternate packages makes the 6.5 more fluently!

The ROM is faster than all the other OFFICIAL ROMS!
I've installed SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 as my today-screen and it seems the phone takes about 20% battery each day.
This is when I play music for about 3 hours a day (at full volume and even louder using a tweak).

Updated in this ROM is the following:
- SMS/MMS has been made a lot faster!
They forgot to update the 'sending...' and 'sent' message just like the other ROMS. (If you send a text message from the Phonebook, you will get this message).
- Settings has been updated with tabs on top. It's very annoying but that's my opinion :huh:
- SAMSUNG UI CANNOT BE TURNED OFF! Be sure to think about this one before flashing!

The widgetplus bug has not been updated yet.. Whenever you try to add new widgets, all of the widgets are gone.

If you need more information, you can post in this topic.
Hope it helps;)

gkirev

gkirev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:Samsung B7610
Really nice ROM, very fast, most of the bugs are fixed.
GPS XTRA is not included in this ROM, but there's another way to get the data anyway.

Nevertheless I have one problem: the alarm clock doesn't go off. Anyone else with the same problem?

bazz7777777

bazz7777777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia gt b7610
when you say gps extra is missing, and you can get that data from somewhere else, WHERE???????????????

nizar445

nizar445

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Devices:HTC P3600, Samsung B7610

Really nice ROM, very fast, most of the bugs are fixed.
GPS XTRA is not included in this ROM, but there's another way to get the data anyway.

Nevertheless I have one problem: the alarm clock doesn't go off. Anyone else with the same problem?

GPS XTRA is included in this ROM! its under network settings-GPS :huh:

gkirev

gkirev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:Samsung B7610

GPS XTRA is included in this ROM! its under network settings-GPS :huh:

No, it's not, Assist GPS is not the same as GPS XTRA, as with GPS XTRA you can download the sattellite data over Wi-Fi/ActiveSync. You cannot do this with Assist GPS>

when you say gps extra is missing, and you can get that data from somewhere else, WHERE???????????????

I wrote a manual on how to do this a few months ago already. Check the attachment.

Attached Files

.:stn:.

.:stn:.

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
gps x-tra is someteimes called a-gps depending on a country I've seen it on other ROM.

It may be that availability is due to language/version selected in CSC.

I have this ROM and it definitely is included. But i didn't use new CSC, just retained the old one.

pda:(n)xxjc2
phn:xxjc1
csc:(n)xeoil4

joker_75

joker_75

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Omnia Pro B7610
there is a little tool to get the samsung ui turned of
you find it here in post #30

http://www.pocketpc....komplett-2.html

Mildew

Mildew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:B7610

I woke up late because of this! I found a solution. Delete all the "wake up alarm" and just use the "alarm" option, that one works. Just rename it to "wake up alarm".

daskalos

daskalos

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts
  • Devices:LG Expo,Samsung Omnia i900
  • Twitter:@E1i077
can someone dump this rom and upload it for download, thanks

Like my ROMs?

There are many ways to say thank you, one way is by clicking below

Posted Image