• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

indivx

indivx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia Pro B7610

Hi mate, I’ve just tried all the keys in the QWERTY keyboard and all seems to work fine on my phone. So I don’t think it’s a bug! Just try what is Davka said before.

BTW, My device Rom details are:

PDA: B7610NXXJC2
CSC: B7610O2UIJ2
PHONE: B7610XXIJ1

And of course language set to English UK.

can you please explain that if you used all the parts including the JC2 CSC then howcome your phone specs are showing CSC as IJ2 and phone IJ1.

Thanks

indivx

indivx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia Pro B7610

I fully updated to this ROM without problem. Include also new csc. Some dannish were changed by changing regional settings from Denmark to myLocation.

Something new that Samsung added in this ROM and MUST be known to cooks is that there is a small app (called Management Change, I translated) that remaps the w/l button to any home items you like, i.e. B7610 users now can change not only between Work or Life modes, but Windows Default (if you have winmo 6.5), SPB Shell, PointUI, e.t.c. Unfortunately you can map only 2 UI at a time.

Now, after a week's time passed I find the ROM again very poor on memory management. It freezes many times after switching to demanding RAM tasks (like Opera) or using messages-emails. I wonder if this has any relation to the "close button" samsung setting.

However, I will stick with this for the moment because everything I need are all here out of the box, without tweaking or installing-uninstalling cabs endlessly. Megalite ROMs are tempting, but they are in english and miss many essential parts (like volume graphical up/down).

Can you please explain that when you flashed this JC2, did you keyboard layout also get messed up as mentioned by some people here......how exactly did you get it right or back to original (or English) keyboard layout............Please need your help urgently.

THanks in advance.

nizar445

nizar445

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Devices:HTC P3600, Samsung B7610

can you please explain that if you used all the parts including the JC2 CSC then howcome your phone specs are showing CSC as IJ2 and phone IJ1.

Thanks

I did not use all the parts, I only updated the PDA part, the rest are the originals.

Sumit Bhardwaj

Sumit Bhardwaj

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia PRO B7610
  • Twitter:@krazy_bout_tech
Hey Daskalos,

As you might already know that the Samsung Firmware Update Downloader has started working again. Today I checked it and found a new ROM uploaded. Its JC2 but the upload date is newer and it has XEN in its name instead of XEE. Can this be an updated version of the JC2 ROM? Take a look for yourself here :

Posted Image

If its an updated version then I would request you to please try and download it, I just jacked up on my chance. Now it won't let me download it before tomorrow. :|

xbongx

xbongx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Devices:B7610, Nokia E71, HP iPAQ6965

Hey Daskalos,

As you might already know that the Samsung Firmware Update Downloader has started working again. Today I checked it and found a new ROM uploaded. Its JC2 but the upload date is newer and it has XEN in its name instead of XEE. Can this be an updated version of the JC2 ROM? Take a look for yourself here :

Posted Image

If its an updated version then I would request you to please try and download it, I just jacked up on my chance. Now it won't let me download it before tomorrow. :|

downloading it now....

the different i think is jst the CSC wich country could it beh

Edited by xbongx, 28 May 2010 - 11:35 PM.

Sumit Bhardwaj

Sumit Bhardwaj

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

downloading it now....

the different i think is jst the CSC wich country could it beh

From what I could figure out from the list of country codes given in i8000 forum, the XEN is for Netherlands and XEE is for Sweden. I also think that this is probably just the JC2 update for different region. But who knows.... at least I don't, I am still trying to figure out Samsung's firmware update strategies :(

Sumit Bhardwaj

Sumit Bhardwaj

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
@xbongx: Hey buddy, were you able to download the ROM?

Davka

Davka

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Devices:Omnia Pro B7610
GT-B7610_B7610NXXJC2_B7610NXENJC2_B7610XXJC1_B7610NXENJC2_XX_XEN

All the same as previous JC2 but CSC is new and it's with English keyboard layout. So it's a good thing :(

Samsung Omnia Pro B7610 (stock JC2 WM6.5 ROM)

ls210886

ls210886

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Devices:b7610

All the same as previous JC2 but CSC is new and it's with English keyboard layout. So it's a good thing :(

can u upload this with english layout? thx

xbongx

xbongx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

@xbongx: Hey buddy, were you able to download the ROM?

yup you want it? just w8 ill upload to megaupload...

wheresmybeam

wheresmybeam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:B7610
Can someone upload XENJC2 or maybe just the CSC? Not having much luck with the downloader

Ignition

Ignition

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Does this mean the keys on the keypad will map correctly ???

because when i installed this original ROM my , ; : ? keys are all mapped wrong and do not correspond to the correct keyboard press....

jero1ste

jero1ste

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Edited by jero1ste, 30 May 2010 - 08:01 AM.

xbongx

xbongx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
here it is:

Attached File  2010_05_30_b7610.txt   1.24KB   116 downloads

or just link on it... :(

http://www.megaupload.com/?f=ERW7SR68

carlsberg

carlsberg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
how was it again convert .mst to nb0 ?
Lost the prog for it and cant find it .. :(

xbongx

xbongx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

how was it again convert .mst to nb0 ?
Lost the prog for it and cant find it .. :(

just flash it it mini Octan and load it on mst
Attached File  Untitled.png   29.18KB   73 downloads

wheresmybeam

wheresmybeam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hey Ignition. Which country or which CSC did u have on the phone before you flashed? Now I'm wondering if I should not flash CSC or until UK to actually release it.

Ignition

Ignition

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
yeah I had UK.....

but now the keyboard doesnt match all the characters correctly... i guess different countries get a different keyboard layout...

ls210886

ls210886

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

yeah I had UK.....

but now the keyboard doesnt match all the characters correctly... i guess different countries get a different keyboard layout...

and if i want the phone in italian what i can do? i can select italian language on octans?? the pda part is only english? in the english layout where is the "?"...can someone post a image of english keyboard?

fier03

fier03

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Devices:Samsung B7610 Omnia Pro
if u want the phone in italian u have to flash the NXX rom that is multi,an italian CSC like NXX that is even multi and a phone part,i have JC phone and rom but il2 csc just to have my layout for keyboard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users