ActiveSync not working after flashing new Verizon upgrade

Guest MrTex

I flashed my O2 with the new Verizon upgrade that was released a few days ago. Ever since then ActiveSync is not working, everything else is fine.

I have flashed before with Verizon upgrade and custom ROMs and never had a problem.

Can anyone help...Please

Edited by MrTex

Guest kdkinc
I flashed my O2 with the new Verizon upgrade that was released a few days ago. Ever since then ActiveSync is not working, everything else is fine.

I have flashed before with Verizon upgrade and custom ROMs and never had a problem.

Can anyone help...Please

I had a issue with my usb port shift to another port on your pc :huh: :P

:blink: :o

also did you recheck allow usb connection in wmdc conn.settings

Edited by kdkinc

Guest MrTex
I had a issue with my usb port shift to another port on your pc :huh: :P

:blink: :o

also did you recheck allow usb connection in wmdc conn.settings

Yea I checked all my usb ports and my settings in wmdc still same problem...when I plug in my phone with usb, Windows gives me an error message saying " USB device not recognized"...both Win7 & WinXP

Guest kdkinc
Yea I checked all my usb ports and my settings in wmdc still same problem...when I plug in my phone with usb, Windows gives me an error message saying " USB device not recognized"...both Win7 & WinXP

some what similar issue on ninja thread post #93. NOT RELATED TO HIS FINE ROM

He ended up re-flashing the VZW rom he thinks he had a corrupt file.

:huh: :P

Edited by kdkinc

Guest MrTex
some what similar issue on ninja thread post #93. NOT RELATED TO HIS FINE ROM

He ended up re-flashing the VZW rom he thinks he had a corrupt file.

:huh: :P

How can I reflash ROM if activesync is not working?

Edited by MrTex

Guest Ninja4Hire
How can I reflash ROM if activesync is not working?

Try hard resetting your phone. Maybe something didn't take. Also try removing your old phone profile from activesync.

you can also try flashing a custom rom and see of active sync works again. If it does then flash back to the upgrade if you want. You don't need activesync to flash custom roms, just OCTANS full version

Guest MrTex
Try hard resetting your phone. Maybe something didn't take. Also try removing your old phone profile from activesync.

you can also try flashing a custom rom and see of active sync works again. If it does then flash back to the upgrade if you want. You don't need activesync to flash custom roms, just OCTANS full version

I tried reset a couple of times still no usb...usb only works if I change data connection to use as modem but then it only allows it to charge battery.

I also tried to flash with octans mini but does not detect phone...any other suggestions?

Guest Ninja4Hire
I tried reset a couple of times still no usb...usb only works if I change data connection to use as modem but then it only allows it to charge battery.

I also tried to flash with octans mini but does not detect phone...any other suggestions?

You have to use the full version not mini.

Guest MrTex
You have to use the full version not mini.

I tried to flash with Octans full but still no luck, Octans will not detect phone....I think may have hardware issue with usb port, will go to VW store for warranty service...Thanks for all your help

Guest amdzero
I tried to flash with Octans full but still no luck, Octans will not detect phone....I think may have hardware issue with usb port, will go to VW store for warranty service...Thanks for all your help

What version of windows are you running. I'll bet the phone and the usb port are okay (use the one behind the computer not front ports, and NO HUBS). I'm betting this is a driver issue.