Does Desire work with "N" routers?

Guest sihaworth

Guest sihaworth

I took delivery of my Desire today, had it up and running with wifi in very little time, but as of this evening it just will not connect to the router, it just gets stuck on 'Obtaining IP address from Virgin'... which obviously is the name of my home wifi network.

Any ideas?

I've tried looking at changing the router from "N" to "G" but I can't seem to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Guest bcmobile
I took delivery of my Desire today, had it up and running with wifi in very little time, but as of this evening it just will not connect to the router, it just gets stuck on 'Obtaining IP address from Virgin'... which obviously is the name of my home wifi network.

Any ideas?

I've tried looking at changing the router from "N" to "G" but I can't seem to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Whats the make /model of your router? I had a similar issue with a Nether router until I upgraded to dd-wrt firmware.

Try changing the encryption to wpa2 if its not already set to that. Otherwise, a trap I have fallen into more than once is forgetting to add its MAC address to the allow list - although you seem to have had it working at some point?

Guest Kevin La.
Whats the make /model of your router? I had a similar issue with a Nether router until I upgraded to dd-wrt firmware.

Try changing the encryption to wpa2 if its not already set to that. Otherwise, a trap I have fallen into more than once is forgetting to add its MAC address to the allow list - although you seem to have had it working at some point?

Desire is not compatible with 'N'. I had to set tup my router to relay N and G signals. My desire's package show only B and G wifi support :huh:

Guest sihaworth
Desire is not compatible with 'N'. I had to set tup my router to relay N and G signals. My desire's package show only B and G wifi support :huh:

Strange how it worked initially and then not at all now.

I've resolved it though by eventually changing the signals to mixed G/B. D-Link were no use what so ever though on their website.

Thanks guys.

Guest battletank
Strange how it worked initially and then not at all now.

I've resolved it though by eventually changing the signals to mixed G/B. D-Link were no use what so ever though on their website.

Thanks guys.

Desire should work fine on mixed g/n signals (does on my D-Link router).

Guest pankaj3k
Desire should work fine on mixed g/n signals (does on my D-Link router).

Has anyone been able to connect to a hidden WIFI network ? I have a D-Link router and normally keep the

SSID hidden. If the SSID is hidden then I can't get the Desire to connect to it. It connects fine if the

SSID is not hidden.

Pankaj