Core Player for Omnia 2 (I8000)

Guest sinancetinkaya
I'm sure everyone one of us uses our phone differently, there's really no point in arguing which player is better, as we all have different needs and different players serve different purposes.

However, I do not agree on the point not to use h264. I have done some comparison even in the old days using my 320x240 Asus P535, I have done encoding in both H264 and Divx/xvid, H264 is giving a clearer image in comparison. I now mostly encode 720x480 H264 and stretch it to full screen using TouchPlayer. Personally, I think H264 720x480 under TouchPlayer still gives a better image quality and smoother playback than 800x480 xvid played under coreplayer. Also, TouchPlayer uses less CPU than Coreplayer so battery life is going to be better.

I use both Coreplayer and Touchplayer together for different purposes. For streaming and youtube, use coreplayer. For movie playback on storage card, use touchplayer. I dont think either player can replace the other.

Finally here is someone who knows what h264 is :)

Guys,

TouchPlayer uses hardware h.264 decoding which means less cpu usage and longer battery life

and h.264 gives a lot better image quality than h.263 (xvid/divx) and smaller file size

the image quality of 250-300 mb divx/xvid video is equal to 100-150 mb h.264 video's image quality

PS: do not try to convert your xvid/divx videos for pocketpc to h.264 format, you can't acquire a good video from a bad source. Use the original source!

Edited by sinancetinkaya

Guest mihaicp
Finally here is someone who knows what h264 is :D

Guys,

TouchPlayer uses hardware h.264 decoding which means less cpu usage and longer battery life

and h.264 gives a lot better image quality than h.263 (xvid/divx) and smaller file size

the image quality of 250-300 mb divx/xvid video is equal to 100-150 mb h.264 video's image quality

PS: do not try to convert your xvid/divx videos for pocketpc to h.264 format, you can't acquire a good video from a bad source. Use the original source!

I've been searching for some time now, a player that can use subtitles with movies...no luck...until 10 minute ago when I read someone 's post saying that he was looking for a way to transfer omnia II's touch player to his HD2 because he liked its performance and that it can manage subtitles :) Well, to enforce what sinancetinkaya said I add that TouchPlayer CAN support subtitle! :P The method is simple: NAME YOUR SUBTITLE AS YOUR MOVIE AND THEN CONVERT IT (the subtitle) TO .SMI FORMAT!!! Put them together in the same folder and hit play and...VOILA! :P Simple, isn't it?

• 2 months later...
I've been searching for some time now, a player that can use subtitles with movies...no luck...until 10 minute ago when I read someone 's post saying that he was looking for a way to transfer omnia II's touch player to his HD2 because he liked its performance and that it can manage subtitles :P Well, to enforce what sinancetinkaya said I add that TouchPlayer CAN support subtitle! :) The method is simple: NAME YOUR SUBTITLE AS YOUR MOVIE AND THEN CONVERT IT (the subtitle) TO .SMI FORMAT!!! Put them together in the same folder and hit play and...VOILA! :( Simple, isn't it?

You could also install this cab to use srt subtitles in touchplayer :

i8000hzhjc2_amc_sub_spl.cab

• 5 months later...
Guest Psycheros
I brought a new phone (I8000) for multimedia and reading ebook purpose, but i get disappointed because no video player that run well except samsung touch player that built in for video playback purpose in omnia2. samsung touch player lacking of video format and codec to playback video file but touch player is the only player for omnia 2 that get hardware accelerated. i search in a lot of forum but i couldn't find good video player that run smooth for big resolution for my omnia2, so i download almost all video player that i can find for winmo and try it on my omnia2. the good video player that i found first is tcpmp that already modified (TCPMP netdrg v2), it can play several big video files and also having subtitle support, i really like this player since i can play my video files well even tough still bit laggy but i can still enjoy my movie and drama series. Yesterday before i had to hard reset my omnia 2 because lost battery icon( so i have to click a lot of menu before i get to know my battery level ) i search for core player that support hardware acceleration, but the only i can find is core player that support snap dragon not the samsung s3c6410 processor. So i download some of them ( what i find is core player that extract from acer s200(core player 1.32)and core player that support toshiba tsunagi(core player 1.36) ), luckily :huh: :) :P after i hard reset and install the core player that i download( i tried the one that extracted from acer s200 ), its run my video file well, as good as samsung touch player ( but i guess its run better). So i share my experience with other omnia2 user.

How can i view the video on landscape mode?? thanks!!