Light Notification

Guest tmohammad

Guest tmohammad

I have recently bought the B7300 and I think its a lovely phone for the price.

Prior to this almost all my phones have been HTC devices. As aI'm new to the Touchwizz/Samsung interface, I have a couple of queries..

I cant understand if its possible to get into the Full Windows setting as Touchwizz only allows a selection of settings to be altered (Eg in regular windows, you can adjust the size of text on the Screen settings. In touchwizz you cant.

But that a minor niggle. Can I update the touchwizz to the latest 3.0? If so how?

The main issue I have is with the notification light.

If the screen is off then the notification light is off too!

With the HTC devices, if I had a missed call, I would see it regardless of whether the screen was off or not (On the HTC diamond, I used to get a flashing white light that signified a missed call or new text message).

Am I misssing a setting somewhere? As I really would like my phone to inform me that I have a missedcall without having to activate the screen!

Also I read somewhere that Samsung is releasing WM 6.5.3 for its Omnia II in May. I cant seem to find anything about the lite even though its part of teh Omnia family!

Thanks in advance.

Guest Pichorka

English

Hello

I think you're talking about the flash that flashes up the Phone.

If this

Settings menu (basic settings) -> Sound Settings -> Sound Notifications -> Reminders

You must set the "Flash"

And for SMS or MMS

Settings menu (basic settings) -> Sound Settings -> Sound Notifications -> New SMS New MMS

You must set the "Flash" also

If I understood your problem and took your message

A+

================================================================================

French

Bonjour,

Je pense que tu parle du flash qui clignote en haut du Phone.

Si c'est cela

Menu Paramètres ( Paramètres de base ) -> Paramètres audio -> Son des notifications -> Rappels

Tu doit régler le " Flash pour "

Et pour les SMS ou MMS

Menu Paramètres ( Paramètres de base ) -> Paramètres audio -> Son des notifications -> Nouveau SMS ou Nouveau MMS

Tu doit régler le " Flash pour " également

Si j'ai bien pris compris ton probléme et ton message

A+

Edited by Pichorka

Guest tmohammad

Thanks for the reply, I know how to activate them, the issue I have is that if you get a call or SMS whilst the phone screen is off, the screen will turn on andf then show the notification flashes.... But if you are away from the phone and the screen goes off again, then the notification lights go off too! Surely thats wrong... The screen should go off but the lights should continue to notify you!

When I get back I have to manually turn the screen on ang then I see the notification lights flashing!

I think Samsung screwed up there! It was not like this on my previous WM phones, the flashing LEDs remained on all the time irrespective of whether the screen was on or off!

Guest Pichorka

Probably to save battery, but if you do not activate the standby (automatic screen locking) the flashing LED does not stay by chance ?

Sans doute pour économiser la batterie, mais si tu n'active pas la Veille ( vérouillage écran automatique ) la led ne reste pas clignotante par hazard ?

• 5 months later...
Thanks for the reply, I know how to activate them, the issue I have is that if you get a call or SMS whilst the phone screen is off, the screen will turn on andf then show the notification flashes.... But if you are away from the phone and the screen goes off again, then the notification lights go off too! Surely thats wrong... The screen should go off but the lights should continue to notify you!

When I get back I have to manually turn the screen on ang then I see the notification lights flashing!

I think Samsung screwed up there! It was not like this on my previous WM phones, the flashing LEDs remained on all the time irrespective of whether the screen was on or off!

same issue here..